Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin vs. Kell Brook

in my experience these wrecking balls, indestructible, unbeatable knock pout artists don't exist

the whole aura around GGG is as much the hype train and his record
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    in my experience these wrecking balls, indestructible, unbeatable knock pout artists don't exist

the whole aura around GGG is as much the hype train and his record
    And a blown up WW is going to shatter the myth? It just seems a tad unlikely to me. Fair enough if Brook was an undefeated MW, but he's a career WW. If Golovkin is busting people up who have been at the weight all their careers, then it's a tough ask of Brook who is awkward, but will taste that leather. Golovkin's KO record doesn't lie.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The poll on Sky Sports has 50,000 votes - who wins? Golovkin (55%) Brook (45%). That sure is optimistic for Kell.

Turnout for the public workout was awesome

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Brook , black or white he had courage and confidence to take on GGG.
    He didn't talk about it he signed on the dotted line , its likely he will get blasted out early but he had shown he is a true warrior.
    Or he is just taking the pay check for this suicide mission?

Is that how you see it Master ?
    Yes and it is not chump change. It is robbery.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Well, I am getting quite excited about this fight.

It's true that Brooke is not only taking the toughest assignment in boxing today, but also doing it never having fought at the weight before. I understand why GGG is the prohibitive favourite as he has now reached the stage in his career when he becomes a 'crossover' fighter and attains almost mythical status within the sport while still fighting. Floyd was the same, so was Tyson, Leonard, Chavez, Curry and others.

BUT .... I've always rated Brooke as a fighter. He has elements of that very confusing Wincobank style but can also really dig with his punches. Carson Jones apart, which I think was a training aberration, he has never been really pushed in the ring and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. He has never been outboxed or physically bullied and doesn't know what it's like to lose. He has a proven chin, proven stamina and proven skills.

Undeniably the best welterweight in the world at the moment, I believe he has always been a middleweight starving down to welter. I wouldn't be surprised if he is heavier that GGG when the bell rings. He is more heavyset that Golovkin and (not that it matters) he is more muscle bound and looks like a boxer whereas GGG is gangly and - in today's terms - a small middleweight. People are also not mentioning that GGG is not a young man anymore.

Brooke will be the best opponent that Golovkin has ever fought, fighting at home and without much pressure on him to win.

I do think GGG should be the favourite, and I am a fan of the guy .... but it's possible that Brooke is being underestimated by everyone.

I think the key will be whether Brooke can keep Golovkin respectful of him. Kel will land on GGG, no question about it. If Golovkin finds he can walk through Brooke's offence then it's all over. Conversely, everyone thinks Brooke's only chance is to outbox Golovkin .... 350 amateur fights with great Khazak trainers (his style was that of a back foot counterpuncher at the time)world and Olympic medals etc ... I would love Brooke to really stun GGG and the fight to turn into a boxing match. Casual fans would moan, but I would love to see If GGG can also win with his skills.
    @Batman he spells Brook as Brooke. Tell him off.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Kell brook is black but that's irrelevant.
    Moving away from Denilsons ridiculous and moronic attempt at trolling, and agreeing with you that it's pretty irrelevant anyway .... but Brooke has a white English parent and a black West Indian parent.

I would think that makes him mixed race. It's a bit of a pathetic distinction but I don't think he could be called technically 'white' or 'black'.

It's interesting that the existence of a small part of 'black' in someone seems to make them black people. Barack Obama for example, the 'first black US president' is half white. Sometimes I do wonder what the required magical percentage of blackness is whereby someone stops Being white and becomes black.

Incidentally, most of the human race is genetically mixed race. Most Europeans (and therefore white Americans) have elements of Asian DNA, most black Caribbeans and Americans have elements of European DNA. Most South Americans have elements of European DNA.

In fact, the most racially 'pure' peoples on the planet are likely Africans and Asians.

What a mess we make of the world because of these minute traces of mitochondrial DNA. I am sorry to say that it seems our American cousins are very fixated on this..
    Agree with most of the above.

Obama had to be mixed race or have a white wife to be president..you wouldn't have seen a Wesley type skinned Obama up there as that's too much for America.

On the kell brook part, I only say black because in the visual it's the most dominant.

Kell brook, Lewis Hamilton, degale and ward all have a white parent but there exterior is black.

Having a white parent won't get them free entry in the local klan meet..but will still get them entry in the black lives matter BBQ.

It's all childish rubbish and such a shame that grown adult people are still secretly scared of skin colour..its in the blood.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't talk about it he signed on the dotted line , its likely he will get blasted out early but he had shown he is a true warrior.

You want me to give you the 20 quid you tight git ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky are accepting either Green Shield stamps or Embassy coupons in lieu of actual money if you want to get in touch. Phone
    0872 44 00 200 for all the details.
    Last edited by Kirkland Laing; 09-08-2016 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you ring them then?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said before I don't like this fight and I still don't. Extra weight on Brook isn't going to make a dent in Golovkin, proper 160 punchers like Lemieux didn't so it's going to do Brook no favours, it's just going to slow him down. Brook's best result is to make it to the final bell without taking too much damage and the extra weight isn't going to help him do that. I'm going to watch it though.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Did you ring them then?
    no cost too much.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you ring them then?
    no cost too much.
    They're waiting to hear from you.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you ring them then?
    no cost too much.
    They're waiting to hear from you.
    I am sure they are but my phone has been cut off for not paying the bill.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I am getting quite excited about this fight.

It's true that Brooke is not only taking the toughest assignment in boxing today, but also doing it never having fought at the weight before. I understand why GGG is the prohibitive favourite as he has now reached the stage in his career when he becomes a 'crossover' fighter and attains almost mythical status within the sport while still fighting. Floyd was the same, so was Tyson, Leonard, Chavez, Curry and others.

BUT .... I've always rated Brooke as a fighter. He has elements of that very confusing Wincobank style but can also really dig with his punches. Carson Jones apart, which I think was a training aberration, he has never been really pushed in the ring and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. He has never been outboxed or physically bullied and doesn't know what it's like to lose. He has a proven chin, proven stamina and proven skills.

Undeniably the best welterweight in the world at the moment, I believe he has always been a middleweight starving down to welter. I wouldn't be surprised if he is heavier that GGG when the bell rings. He is more heavyset that Golovkin and (not that it matters) he is more muscle bound and looks like a boxer whereas GGG is gangly and - in today's terms - a small middleweight. People are also not mentioning that GGG is not a young man anymore.

Brooke will be the best opponent that Golovkin has ever fought, fighting at home and without much pressure on him to win.

I do think GGG should be the favourite, and I am a fan of the guy .... but it's possible that Brooke is being underestimated by everyone.

I think the key will be whether Brooke can keep Golovkin respectful of him. Kel will land on GGG, no question about it. If Golovkin finds he can walk through Brooke's offence then it's all over. Conversely, everyone thinks Brooke's only chance is to outbox Golovkin .... 350 amateur fights with great Khazak trainers (his style was that of a back foot counterpuncher at the time)world and Olympic medals etc ... I would love Brooke to really stun GGG and the fight to turn into a boxing match. Casual fans would moan, but I would love to see If GGG can also win with his skills.
    @Batman he spells Brook as Brooke. Tell him off.
    meh, Brook, Brooke, it sounds close enough...I'll let him off this time

You should know better though Master

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master a man with short arms and deep pockets LOL.
    To be honest it's no PPV the under card is pretty poor.
    Shit Hearn has plenty of fighters on the books, the under card the Smiths treading water and Edwards.
    One decent fight and a crap undercard hardly a spectacular is it.

Thread Information