Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan wins the poll

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    Khan's leaky defense combined with Mayweather's precision equals Khan eating canvas. I think this is a waste of a fight, but the good news is that Khan gets KTFO yet again. Cool.
    maybe but it will be miles more exciting than the waste of a fight against maidana

or garcia
    or matthesse (spelling)
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poll seems rigged...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Sorry but I just cant share the view that this is a joke of a match up. Quite the contrary imo. Maidana would have been a joke match-up wise whether he's more deserving or not. The only chance Maidana would have is landing a bomb. Khan who probably hits just as hard has a better chance on landing a bomb technically speaking.

As @Rantcatrat points out the actual challenges for Floyd are getting a little thin. There are not really any at 147 and I dont really see any at 154 either. I have to disagree with him on his feelings about Lara. I mean I suppose its possible but the fight would make Trout/Lara look exciting. Still, the fact that he's a southpaw does add some intrigue and the fact that he's a defense first fighter.

I also agree with @zhubin that Khan has not shown much of a brain pan but the thing is that has been against the brawler/puncher/swarmer type. Whens the last time Khan fought a pure boxer?
    In fairness thats kind of what he is. It would honestly not surprise me to see Khan look better then he has ever looked against Floyd and that sounds crazy but if you really think about it he does present different issues for Floyd.

Speed will be an interesting factor here. Not sure how anyone can dispute that. The problems however slight Floyd had against Corley and Judah had just as much to do with hand speed as it did with being southpaws.Another thing to honestly consider is the jab. You ask any trainer or any x fighter what it takes to beat Floyd and the first thing out of their mouth is a good or great jab. Khans got a pretty good one. And lastly, most of Khans problems from what I've seen have been when he is forced into a slug fest and mugging contest. He wont be in one of those if he lands this fight.
    @IamInuit - You're a classy poster. I appreciate your insight here and I agree Lara and Mayweather fights are not known for their excitement. I'll give you that 100%. However, Lara is fast and he is a southpaw. Also, he moves around. When was the last time Floyd fought someone that as part of their regular style move around laterally? Lara does that in spades.

The problem I have with Khan is that for all his physical gifts, he can be timed, and if guys like Diaz and Garcia can time him in a few rounds, it'll take Mayweather half the amount of time to hurt him when Khan lunges in. Moreover, Khan's achilles heel is his chin. The combination of being timed and not have a strong chin make him a sitting duck for Mayweather.

Just consider this, Khan bowed out of a fight with Alexander because he perceived the fight too risky to take when a fight with Mayweather was on the table. It was a title fight too.

In my opinion, this all adds up to Khan having no chance.

I'm not suggesting Lara beats Mayweather. Far from it. Like I said, I question Lara's confidence in that fight. On the other hand, I think he brings more stylistic challenges than Khan.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Sorry but I just cant share the view that this is a joke of a match up. Quite the contrary imo. Maidana would have been a joke match-up wise whether he's more deserving or not. The only chance Maidana would have is landing a bomb. Khan who probably hits just as hard has a better chance on landing a bomb technically speaking.

As @Rantcatrat points out the actual challenges for Floyd are getting a little thin. There are not really any at 147 and I dont really see any at 154 either. I have to disagree with him on his feelings about Lara. I mean I suppose its possible but the fight would make Trout/Lara look exciting. Still, the fact that he's a southpaw does add some intrigue and the fact that he's a defense first fighter.

I also agree with @zhubin that Khan has not shown much of a brain pan but the thing is that has been against the brawler/puncher/swarmer type. Whens the last time Khan fought a pure boxer?
    In fairness thats kind of what he is. It would honestly not surprise me to see Khan look better then he has ever looked against Floyd and that sounds crazy but if you really think about it he does present different issues for Floyd.

Speed will be an interesting factor here. Not sure how anyone can dispute that. The problems however slight Floyd had against Corley and Judah had just as much to do with hand speed as it did with being southpaws.Another thing to honestly consider is the jab. You ask any trainer or any x fighter what it takes to beat Floyd and the first thing out of their mouth is a good or great jab. Khans got a pretty good one. And lastly, most of Khans problems from what I've seen have been when he is forced into a slug fest and mugging contest. He wont be in one of those if he lands this fight.
    @IamInuit - You're a classy poster. I appreciate your insight here and I agree Lara and Mayweather fights are not known for their excitement. I'll give you that 100%. However, Lara is fast and he is a southpaw. Also, he moves around. When was the last time Floyd fought someone that as part of their regular style move around laterally? Lara does that in spades.

The problem I have with Khan is that for all his physical gifts, he can be timed, and if guys like Diaz and Garcia can time him in a few rounds, it'll take Mayweather half the amount of time to hurt him when Khan lunges in. Moreover, Khan's achilles heel is his chin. The combination of being timed and not have a strong chin make him a sitting duck for Mayweather.

Just consider this, Khan bowed out of a fight with Alexander because he perceived the fight too risky to take when a fight with Mayweather was on the table. It was a title fight too.

I'm not suggesting Lara beats Mayweather. Far from it. Like I said, I question Lara's confidence in that fight. On the other hand, I think he brings more stylistic challenges than Khan.
    That's a moot point. Any fighter in the world would have pulled out with the Floyd fight on the table. They would have been forced to by their advisers. You don't risk blowing a $10million fight for $1million. Remember Floyd, Khan, Alexander are all in cohorts with Golden Boy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

That's a moot point. Any fighter in the world would have pulled out with the Floyd fight on the table. They would have been forced to by their advisers. You don't risk blowing a $10million fight for $1million. Remember Floyd, Khan, Alexander are all in cohorts with Golden Boy.

I've read on a few articles than Khan will get £4 million.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feelings mutual and thank-you. Great pick on the lateral movement. I overlooked that and you are spot on. He really hasn’t faced anyone who moves well laterally as crazy as it sounds since Augustus really and to some extent Corley again. That’s a great point. I just imagine what a fight would be like between Pep and Locche after all is said and done. I’m not even sure it would qualify as a boxing match personally. However I could just as easily be totally off base.

I agree that Khan almost pauses at times mid fight and gets clocked but I do think that has a lot to do with the styles of those he fought. I just don’t think Khan likes to go to war or even worse to be forced into one. He loses focus and almost goes half way into flight mode while fighting and gets caught. I think he stresses about that prior to every fight. Again, I just don’t see him having to concern himself with that here and he can concentrate 100% almost on just boxing. I agree that he is sloppy inside and has a terrible habit of moving straight back with his lead down while fully upright. I think that’s where he gets it in this fight but I still think its going to be fun to watch.

No other fight is relevant if there is a real chance at a double digit million dollar pay day with Floyd.

I think the chin is overplayed a bit. He took bombs from Maidana. I think it’s more when he gets caught or the position he is in rather then having a below average chin. I think Khan does better the expected and maybe him and Brook with get together afterward. We fans seem to have a problem with almost every fight these days. I’m going to look at this one more positively largely because of the style matchup and skill sets. I’d much rather see this then Floyd/Maidana.

Can you imagine if he won? Lol. The earth would stop rotating.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feelings mutual and thank-you. Great pick on the lateral movement. I overlooked that and you are spot on. He really hasn’t faced anyone who moves well laterally as crazy as it sounds since Augustus really and to some extent Corley again. That’s a great point. I just imagine what a fight would be like between Pep and Locche after all is said and done. I’m not even sure it would qualify as a boxing match personally. However I could just as easily be totally off base.

I agree that Khan almost pauses at times mid fight and gets clocked but I do think that has a lot to do with the styles of those he fought. I just don’t think Khan likes to go to war or even worse to be forced into one. He loses focus and almost goes half way into flight mode while fighting and gets caught. I think he stresses about that prior to every fight. Again, I just don’t see him having to concern himself with that here and he can concentrate 100% almost on just boxing. I agree that he is sloppy inside and has a terrible habit of moving straight back with his lead down while fully upright. I think that’s where he gets it in this fight but I still think its going to be fun to watch.

No other fight is relevant if there is a real chance at a double digit million dollar pay day with Floyd.

I think the chin is overplayed a bit. He took bombs from Maidana. I think it’s more when he gets caught or the position he is in rather then having a below average chin. I think Khan does better the expected and maybe him and Brook with get together afterward. We fans seem to have a problem with almost every fight these days. I’m going to look at this one more positively largely because of the style matchup and skill sets. I’d much rather see this then Floyd/Maidana.

I think this is going to points all day long and totally agree it will be a pure boxing match, however I think if Floyd went on the attack he could get Khan out of their but I dont see him doing that which leaves Amir to set the pace.
    Floyds age could be a big factor if Amir can get to the latter rounds.

Khans right in this for me and I just get a gut feeling he can win this

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I think this is going to points all day long and totally agree it will be a pure boxing match, however I think if Floyd went on the attack he could get Khan out of their but I dont see him doing that which leaves Amir to set the pace.

I was going to say that we could see a different Floyd. I think Khans going to be a little shocked at how good Floyd fights off the back foot if he manages to get him there. I cant see Khan getting this but I cant see this blow out some predict either.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is already in incredible shape and has been In training for 6 months now!

If he gets the nod it'll be close to 9 months , be interesting to hear some views on that.

Gotta be a danger he could have left his peak in the gym surely?

Or is he gonna be at his strongest ever physically?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was going to say that we could see a different Floyd. I think Khans going to be a little shocked at how good Floyd fights off the back foot if he manages to get him there. I cant see Khan getting this but I cant see this blow out some predict either.
    very few think khan will win

theres the common opinion that khan has speed which could cause floyd problems which i definately agree with

but i for one watch boxing for excitement, sweet science yeah nice, but give me a heart pumping edge of your seat fight any day

and khan is never in a dull fight

i think he'll land on mayweather a lot more often that the nay sayers predict, and i think it will be an electric fight for about 6-8 rounds before khan gets caught

whether you think khan deserves it on the merit of winning fights or not, makes no difference to me, he definately deserves it on entertainment and value for money, and theres noone (with in reason) id rather see mayweather fight

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

very few think khan will win

theres the common opinion that khan has speed which could cause floyd problems which i definately agree with

but i for one watch boxing for excitement, sweet science yeah nice, but give me a heart pumping edge of your seat fight any day

and khan is never in a dull fight

i think he'll land on mayweather a lot more often that the nay sayers predict, and i think it will be an electric fight for about 6-8 rounds before khan gets caught

whether you think khan deserves it on the merit of winning fights or not, makes no difference to me, he definately deserves it on entertainment and value for money, and theres noone (with in reason) id rather see mayweather fight

Me too, Khans been in some cracking fights and comes to fight.

The Maidana fight had everything I wanna see in a fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's sparring with Angulo at the moment and looks match fit already.

Im wondering what would happen if Amir went one better than Mosley and dropped Floyd early.

I really do smell a huge upset here!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im wondering what would happen if Amir went one better than Mosley and dropped Floyd early.

in some ways an upset would be nice, i very much doubt it tho

mayweather is in a fantastic position in the fact that he provides dollars for so many, and like it or not he has a couple of rounds and a favour or two in the bank already

i dont think he needs that to beat khan but im sure if things ever got sticky it wouldnt be missed

p.s. im not suggesting has had any help in any fights in the past btw (appart from hatton obviously )

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

in some ways an upset would be nice, i very much doubt it tho

mayweather is in a fantastic position in the fact that he provides dollars for so many, and like it or not he has a couple of rounds and a favour or two in the bank already

i dont think he needs that to beat khan but im sure if things ever got sticky it wouldnt be missed

p.s. im not suggesting has had any help in any fights in the past btw (appart from hatton obviously )

Hahaha

Its some kind of Mexican bank holiday weekend the weekend of the fight which makes you wonder (ppv wise) if a Latino fighter might still get the nod over Khan

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather-Khan fight poster:

Thread Information