Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury v Wlad 2

Wladimir Klitschko: I'm glad I lost heavyweight titles to Tyson Fury

Wladimir Klitschko says he is glad he lost his world heavyweight titles to Tyson Fury last December.

The Ukrainian, who was champion for nine years, will meet Briton Fury in a rematch in Manchester on 9 July.

"Losing feels good," Klitschko, 40, told BBC Radio 5 live. "I'm glad that my hand was not raised that night.

"Failure is not an option unless it is the only way to get better - and I had to get better. I needed a push to get better and I got it. I feel it."

Klitschko, then the WBA, IBF and WBO champion, lost on a unanimous points decision in Dusseldorf, with Fury's victory considered a huge upset.

"I didn't show my full potential in the fight," Klitschko said. "Physically, I was in one of my best shapes, but mentally I wasn't there, not present in the ring.

"After a while, you get used to defending and not conquering the man in front of you. It will be different on 9 July. t's not a rematch, it's revenge."

Klitschko, who has suffered four defeats in 68 bouts, had not lost for more than 11 years until he met Fury.

"If you want to destroy a person, give him five years of success. I had no failures for 11 and a half years," said Klitschko.

"After a while it's OK to make a mistake and I made a mistake against Fury. I want to make that clear in my revenge and it is what I'm looking forward to."

Until Klitschko's brother Vitali retired in 2013, the pair held all the major heavyweight titles.

Now Wladimir has been beaten, they are with Fury (WBA and WBO), American Deontay Wilder (WBC) and Britain's Anthony Joshua (IBF).

"Before, it was clear: one champion, one family name," said Klitschko.

"When the chef is not in the kitchen, the belts get lost. When the chef leaves, the rats dance on the table. I want to show who the chef is in the kitchen."

Klitschko denied any suggestion he considered quitting after losing to Fury.

"I got over it," he said. "I was suffering for three days after, then I shook it off.

"Any rumours of retiring were not true. Three days after the fight I called and executed the option of the contract. That was it."

In the build-up to the fight, Fury appeared at a media conference dressed as Batman, but Klitschko said he was not distracted by that.

"In our big boxing family, we have some characters," he said. "I've faced different press conferences with T-shirts and freaks. You don't win at a press conference."

After beating Klitschko, Fury was stripped of the IBF title because he would not fight the mandatory challenger, Vyacheslav Glazkov.

The belt was won by Olympic super-heavyweight champion Joshua this month in only his 16th professional fight.

"There are so many champions but that's no disrespect to Anthony Joshua, because I've always been a fan," said Klitschko.

"He's a talented guy that will conquer the division for a long time.

"He still has a lot to learn, but I'm putting a lot of hope in him. He will represent the heavyweight division better than Tyson Fury."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36147673
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Tyson Fury v Wlad 2

Psychologically Wlad was never into the fight vs Fury and you could see it in the press conferences. He was in good shape, but had no fire to him, no sense of urgency. Maybe he overlooked Fury, maybe he wasn't focused, but whatever was the case he lost the fight, Tyson Fury won, and now we'll have the rematch and hopefully this time Wlad is more focused and we'll see a better fight from him.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes no excuses this time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wlad will definitely lose this time

he's not going in to it to win, basically just showing he has bottle

that's it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yes no excuses this time.
    No excuses for the last time Master, he fought he lost, fair and square. Not being up for the fight is a personal issue and it doesn't matter how long the reign of a champion is every single fight is one you have to be 100% up for, sure you can get lucky here and there but at the highest levels in the sport you have to be prepared fully and invested fully. I'll say there will hopefully be less distractions this time, but those happen and you have to deal with them. I'm just hoping for a better showing from him, his fans deserve more than what he gave last time and the sport deserves more than what he gave last time, he knows it I just hope he shows it in the ring.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was some bullshit press conference. Where the fuck do they get the clowns asking the questions. Unless they get given a set of generic repetitive questions to ask at the door?

Wlad's Elton John/The Queen rant was golden though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone notice the question about Wlads wraps
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is shot with no punch output , I think Charles Martin could beat him.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Anyone notice the question about Wlads wraps
    I missed that, what was the gist?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not always think that Styles make fights but in this case I think Styles make fights. Just like Frazier and Foreman. I think Tyson Fury has the right amount of movement and that Klitschko fights off the back foot leaning back and that is the wrong combination 4 Klitschko. If Klitschko tries to fight and a forward attacking manner he leaves himself open to the much bigger man with a much longer reach and the much better head movement and I cannot see it working for him. In fact if he fights in a more spirited way this time he may get knocked out. I see the fight coming off about the same as the last one with maybe a few little extra fireworks in here maybe Klitschko hurts him once or twice and then Fury simply hold on for dear life and survives it and then the outcome is the same with maybe a closer points decision. Perhaps it is even a draw and the title retains with Fury. The size and the style that are all wrong for klitscko go. All wrong.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gotta say I'm not all that interested in this at the moment. I'm more interested in What Fury does AFTER this fight, I can't see this one proving much else. Wlad made himself look such a cunt last time, it doesn't matter what he does this time , his reputation will always be tainted.
    I would even venture to suggest that if Wlad turns this around and turns himself into some kind of brutal gunslinger, that perhaps it's all been a fix all along with all parties in on it.
    Not much else to say really..........Mind you , when Ross starts posting, I'm sure I'll find one or two things to discuss and debate in a mature , amicable way as usual.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I do not always think that Styles make fights but in this case I think Styles make fights. Just like Frazier and Foreman. I think Tyson Fury has the right amount of movement and that Klitschko fights off the back foot leaning back and that is the wrong combination 4 Klitschko. If Klitschko tries to fight and a forward attacking manner he leaves himself open to the much bigger man with a much longer reach and the much better head movement and I cannot see it working for him. In fact if he fights in a more spirited way this time he may get knocked out. I see the fight coming off about the same as the last one with maybe a few little extra fireworks in here maybe Klitschko hurts him once or twice and then Fury simply hold on for dear life and survives it and then the outcome is the same with maybe a closer points decision. Perhaps it is even a draw and the title retains with Fury. The size and the style that are all wrong for klitscko go. All wrong.
    Klitschko wasn't punching and mentally/psychologically he was there for the taking and Tyson Fury won a DECISION.....you're telling me now Fury is "all wrong for Wlad"?!?!

Tyson Fury couldn't knock out/stop a very distracted, uninterested Wladimir Klitschko....Corrie Sanders beat a better version of Wlad, Lamon Brewster beat a better version of Wlad, hell Ross Puritty beat a better version of Wlad......all those guys stopped Wlad. Wlad lost because he wasn't mentally into the fight, it will be a different set of circumstances this time.

Maybe Tyson Fury thinks he's going to walk down Wlad and knock him out this time? I think that's not the brightest idea. Maybe Fury fights the exact same he did before....I think that's also not the best idea. When Wlad has his back to the wall, when it's retire or pull off a win that nobody thinks you can do Wlad wins, in the rematch things will be different.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Russian has been psychologically ruined. Shamed and humiliated in front of the whole world by some scratter from Manchester. There's no way back from that.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The Russian has been psychologically ruined. Shamed and humiliated in front of the whole world by some scratter from Manchester. There's no way back from that.
    Just like Puritty ruined him, or Sanders, or Brewster.....get off it twat

Thread Information