Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do British people underestimate the taste of a cheeseburger ???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do British people underestimate the taste of a cheeseburger ???

this is the SHIT gents: try it sometime, real simple and knocks your socks off, packed with cancer-busting stuff @Andre @TitoFan @Spicoli @Dia bando @greynotsoold

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The broth looks awesome, bro. But what are the round things floating in there?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fresh raw chopped parsley salad with bulghur (whole cracked wheat, lemon juice, tomatoes and onions, a pinch of @Andre Himalayan salt.....): this will wipe your system clean:

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    garbanzo beans, and the little black things are cumin seeds which were toasted on a dry pan before throwing them in. You are right bro the broth is tomato-based with pureed fresh ginger (use a grater) and hot chillis. Top with fresh coriander leaves. cilantro

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    garbanzo beans, and the little black things are cumin seeds which were toasted on a dry pan before throwing them in. You are right bro the broth is tomato-based with pureed fresh ginger (use a grater) and hot chillis. Top with fresh coriander leaves. cilantro

Garbanzos (chick peas) are wicked healthy. Done right... they're tasty as hell. Used to make humus, too. But cooked improperly and they're dry as hell. I've had them both ways.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Garbanzos (chick peas) are wicked healthy. Done right... they're tasty as hell. Used to make humus, too. But cooked improperly and they're dry as hell. I've had them both ways.
    yes indeed my friend. very healthy. Hummus is awesome when done properly

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lest we forget baba ghanouj (smoked, pureed, roasted eggplant)

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what many people forget is that Britain like America is not a mono-culture. We have nationalities, cultures and races from all over the world, some of whom who have lived here for centuries.

Chinese
    Greek
    Italian
    Polish
    Indian
    Pakistani
    Caribbean
    Irish
    Spanish
    Nigerian
    Portuguese
    Iranian
    Moroccan
    E.T.C

They have all left their mark on our food culture and opened delicatessens, market stalls and restaurants selling their own regional produce and recipes and influencing many of the tastes and styles in British Cuisine.

Indian Food - People in Britain love Indian Food it may not be the exact authentic style eaten in homes across India but there are thousands of Indian restaurants across the UK some of which are as good as any in the world. It is definitely as a take- away one of our favourite fast foods and as a regular treat a British tradition to go to a restaurant for a curry.

Chinese - Not far behind Indian

I could go on but you get the picture
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best fast food in the world though is without a doubt a genuine Devon or Cornish pasty.

FACT
    Last edited by Beanz; 08-24-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    The best fast food in the world though is without a doubt a genuine Devon or Cornish pastie.

FACT
    Yes my lovely, nice pint of cider with that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never eaten a pastie, but from what I read it sounds like a shortcrust pastry filled with beef and onion. Is that correct? Last week I made a meat pie with stewed beef, gravy and shortcrust pastry. Is that pretty similiar to a pastie, except that a pastie is cut and shaped a different way? Either way, my meat pie was exceptional and will be made again.

The above might make me sound a bit foreign and isn't being done to manipulate British intelligence services, but is just an honest question as I have honestly never eaten a pasty/pastie (no idea how to spell it).

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I've never eaten a pastie, but from what I read it sounds like a shortcrust pastry filled with beef and onion. Is that correct? Last week I made a meat pie with stewed beef, gravy and shortcrust pastry. Is that pretty similiar to a pastie, except that a pastie is cut and shaped a different way? Either way, my meat pie was exceptional and will be made again.

The above might make me sound a bit foreign and isn't being done to manipulate British intelligence services, but is just an honest question as I have honestly never eaten a pasty/pastie (no idea how to spell it).

On hearing the sad news I felt a tightening in my chest, a tremulous turning in the pit of my stomach and the warm stroke of a solitary tear as the bead rolled down my cheek. Now I understood. Never again would I mock as nothing the suffering of a man denied such basic necessities in forming the emotion we grow from childhood and learn to describe as joy. Not once had this poor creature experienced the elation of scenting the waft of a delicate pastry parcel of moist meaty moreishness pass before his nostrils. At no point had he felt the rapture realised in breaking through the edible casing of life's rich present, the crimped oval pastry shell giving way and revealing the jewelled inner treasure of glistening swede, sweated onions, tender beef skirt, and soft potato, delicately seasoned with salt and pepper and married in a dripping convocation of clotted cream or butter. It was hardly surprising that such a man would sometimes complain of feeling empty and grow so long and lean. It was then that my life finally had meaning again, a mission and sense of purpose. I would introduce him to the pasty and everything would make sense. The planets would realign and he would know true culinary joy. The humble Pasty, food of the Gods. Good enough for miners, fisherman and even King Arthur himself is the birth right of every true Devonian and Cornishman and it was our gift to the world from Montana, to Australia and Africa we had forgotten South Korea. Damn you Kim Jong il, damn you Mcdonalds, you will wither under the might of the dewdney brothers, the hills and every westcountry grandmother armed with a mighty rolling pin as they smash your evil pasty apartheid. Long live the top crimped Devon pasty.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never had a pasty? Bloody hell, you poor sod. That'd be unthinkable up here, there's a Gregg's on every corner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wtf ??

Thread Information