Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Wladimir among the all-time HWs?

Voters
27. This poll is closed

1 3.70%
  • #2-5

3 11.11%
  • #6-10

6 22.22%
  • #10-15

8 29.63%
  • #16-20

6 22.22%
  • #21-30

2 7.41%
  • #30-50

0 0%
  • below the top 50

1 3.70%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Wladimir Klitschko stopped at least 15 fighters who had never been stopped before.

Calvin Brock (never down or stopped before)
    Eddie Chambers (never down or stopped before)
    Tony Thompson (never down or stopped before)
    Ruslan Chagaev (never down or stopped before)
    Monte Barrett (never down before, down 6 times in 2000 against Wladimir)
    Lamon Brewster (never down before his first fight with Wlad)
    David Bostice (never stopped, Wlad dropped him 4 times for a round 2 TKO)
    Eliseo Castillo
    Paea Wolfgramm
    Fabian Meza
    Najee Shaheed
    Zoran Vujecic
    Fabio Eduardo Moli
    Charles Shufford
    Axel Schulz

Wlad beat 8 previously undefeated fighters:

Mariusz Wach
    Ruslan Chagaev (former amateur world champion
    Sultan Ibragimov
    Calvin Brock
    Samuel Peter
    Eliseo Castillo
    Najee Shaheed
    Zoran Vujecic

As well as 12 people who had only one previous loss (Haye, Byrd, Chambers, etc)

He has 10 wins over world champions:

Byrd x 2, Peter X 2, Rahman, Chagaev, Haye, Ibragimov, Mormeck, Mercer

He is the 5th longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time with the 3rd most consecutive title defenses at 13. He holds the IBF, WBO and IBO records for the most heavyweight title defenses.

And Wladimir won Olympic Gold in Atlanta in 2006.
    Yup, I think I'll get you to write mv CV too, becuase you have put a very positive spin on what is a horrible looking list of opponents!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the all-time heavyweights?

Sam peter was not there best win! LOL.

Peter was being beaten to a pulp by Jameel Mcqeef until bigtime gassed out! Byrd. Chaggy. Undefeated Brock. Ibragimov etc would all have beaten peter...

Sanders is VK's best win IMO like Cooney is Holmes best win!

PPL talking like Peter was some bum anyway!! How did Rahman, Holy, Jirov and Ruiz do against Toney again?

I certainly rate Peter over i.e Rahman who lost to both Maskaev and Toney (both of which Peter beat!)

'Old Briggs. Old Mercer'. LOL Briggs was never any good, both Mcline and Ibragimov dominated him, VK just felt like putting a beatdown on one of his contemporaries thats all! Mercer was older yes but he wasn't a spring chicken when he beat Lewis up! In fact he was nearly a stone lighter for WK and he started boxing late as a pro anyway! No worse than Tyson or Holy fighting Holmes. No one cares about those wins anyway....

Solis would have schooled any version of Briggs and Byrd outboxes any version of Mercer! Prime Peter scalps the Trevor Berbicks of the world...
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 01-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Deontay wilder (as green as he is right now!) will cause wlad nightmares.

Wlad hates to fight.

Theres no way Wlad will risk fighting this type of opponent...please Wlad, prove me wrong.
    Is there an argument that Wlad hasn't fought every single person out there? He's literally cleaned out the division of contenders. The issue is just that the contenders of his time aren't that great on a historical scale.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-21-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Wlad hates to fight.

Theres no way Wlad will risk fighting this type of opponent...please Wlad, prove me wrong.
    Is there an argument that Wlad hasn't fought every single person out there? He's literally cleaned out the division of contenders. The issue is just that the contenders of his time aren't that great on a historical scale.
    are the contenders that bad? or is wlad just that much better than them that they are portrayed as being so bad

if ali was around today with his mouth and in much closer fights with fighters much more like his size and avoiding the draft for a war on communism in a country far far away would this era be remembered as fondly as the era Ali was actually around?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad hates to fight.

Yes there is an argument, the most glaring flaw in his entire career is, he never faced the BEST fighter in his era - Vitali.

Of course no-one expects brothers to fight, however, that doesn't alter the fact that Wlad has a luxury no other "champion" in history has benefited from. He never had to fight his most fierce rival.

No fighter in history can seriously claim to be no.1 without conclusively beating their independently recognised closest rival. For all we know Vitali could have murdered him, which would completely change his entire resume and career path.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Wlad hates to fight.

are the contenders that bad? or is wlad just that much better than them that they are portrayed as being so bad

if ali was around today with his mouth and in much closer fights with fighters much more like his size and avoiding the draft for a war on communism in a country far far away would this era be remembered as fondly as the era Ali was actually around?
    You can defend most eras to a degree, but not this one!! It's the wrost in history, worst than the 'Bum of the month' days!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder! Klitschko uses him for sparring and toys with him! Wilder has not even fought a B level HW yet! Haye would take his head off! Wilder is going life & death and getting dropped by 400lbs Mcdonald's Masters. He's alright but he's not special! Price is much better.

Neither of em are as good as K2 either. The bad era crap is nonsense...2 great champions and 2 prospects right there! Haye, Povetkin, Pulev....i could go on. 'Bum of the month' LOL. Solis. Chagaev. Wlad. Povetkin etc are all gold medal winners! Hardly bums.

WK has a top resume.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 01-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way is this worse then the bum of month club some of those guys were not even pro fighters dude. This era is better then any era from the 1900s to the 1950s only era clearly above it is 1970s and the 1990s in which had fighters that could beat the ones today. Say what you want but i find it hard to believe that a bar tender who was 60 pounds over weight would be fighting in the ring with the champ. Rocky era was weaker along with Louis era and Holmes is barley above this one people look at the past better.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    No way is this worse then the bum of month club some of those guys were not even pro fighters dude. This era is better then any era from the 1900s to the 1950s only era clearly above it is 1970s and the 1990s in which had fighters that could beat the ones today. Say what you want but i find it hard to believe that a bar tender who was 60 pounds over weight would be fighting in the ring with the champ. Rocky era was weaker along with Louis era and Holmes is barley above this one people look at the past better.
    Oh dude please............

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big H the Holmes, Louis and Rocky eras were really weak and so was Tyson era as well i don't know why you think there so far ahead. Telling me the 1900's to the 1950's fighters were better then now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Deontay Wilder! Klitschko uses him for sparring and toys with him! Wilder has not even fought a B level HW yet! Haye would take his head off! Wilder is going life & death and getting dropped by 400lbs Mcdonald's Masters. He's alright but he's not special! Price is much better.

Neither of em are as good as K2 either. The bad era crap is nonsense...2 great champions and 2 prospects right there! Haye, Povetkin, Pulev....i could go on. 'Bum of the month' LOL. Solis. Chagaev. Wlad. Povetkin etc are all gold medal winners! Hardly bums.

WK has a top resume.
    Two champions? That's the main reason the era is utter crap.

How can you possibly establish a clear no.1 if the two best can't fight and are facing SEPARATE competition?

It's a complete nonsense. Wlad has NEVER established himself as the best heavyweight in the world. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would you have him fight brother? Personally I don't think that's a good idea. Think of it this way, he would have to train, both of them in fact would have to train for 6 to 8 weeks for the sole purpose of beating up, roughing up and perhaps knocking out their brother who from all indications are very close to each other.

To beat up your own brother who love for money fame just doesn't sit well with me. However boxing is a cruel business and perhaps I'm sentimental in this regard.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Big H the Holmes, Louis and Rocky eras were really weak and so was Tyson era as well i don't know why you think there so far ahead. Telling me the 1900's to the 1950's fighters were better then now.
    I have always maintained that the HW division has only had 2 great eras (and you mentioned them) but average as other eras, such as Holmes and Tyson were, they were far superior to now. Now we have top contenders like Char, Arreola, Solis, Chambers, Johnson and Thompson. These guys are not close to the level of Tim Witherspoon, Renaldo Snipes, Gerry Cooney, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs. None of those guys were great, but they all beat anybody on either Klit's record!!

I think people like Mike Weaver, John Tate, Greg Page, Michale Dokes are all better than anybody around today!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some where between 15 and 20, yes he has dominated but it has been in a very weak era he lost to sanders and purity and never avenged them and let 3yrs go by until he rematched Brewster
    think happy thoughts

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali, Marciano, Holyfield, Holmes, Foreman, did you ever see any of them get smoked like a joke and crawl across the ring like a little biotch on his hands and knees? Then blame Vaseline for it. (Wlad actually blamed being rubbed down with vaseline before the fight for his Brewster Unforgettable Butt-Hole Crawl).

No --- Ali and Rocky never had to make any excuses like that. But that aint the rest of it----he actually done this 3 times didnt he. Lucky he's so tall and lanky so as not to get hit too much as NOBODY CAN FUCKING REACH HIM FOR THE MOST PART.

Thread Information