Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Now THIS is what striking is all about.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Now THIS is what striking is all about.

These guys are 140. But something tells me they'd beat the hell out of any UFC welterweight..hell, most middleweights even. Hughes, GSP and Penn would have no choice but to take them down or they'd be toast in a hurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttVFn3y6NJc

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Now THIS is what striking is all about.

that looked like just regular boxing to me. Boxing = one part of MMA striking. And of course they'd take them down. Why would they want trade punches when they could just own them on the mat? Submitted or GNP in under a round by any of the guys you listed. Ofcourse Hughes/Penn/GSP have 30 pounds on them. Maybe Gomi or Sherk would be closer in weight. Anyway here is lightweight who encompasses all that is striking. Punches/Elbows/Knees/Kicks/Fighting from the clinch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3R4xtjl5b4

On a side note great fight. Did it win fight of the year honors?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I think that was Ringside's fight of the year. That vid doesn't do that fight justice. Those guys were head to head all night.

My point was that THAT is what mma guys should strive for. I think they spread themselves too thin to get to that point, or to where Ramon Dekker is in Muay Thai. Yeah, he's great, no doubt. With the exception of CroCop and Silva I don't think there are any guys in mma who are as good at MT as him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These guys That was Mickey Ward and Emanual Augustus....All of Wards fight were good...Him and Gatti had one of the all time trilogys in the game...It made that fight look like an easy night
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for clarifying. I know who they are. The video was available so I posted it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Thanks for clarifying. I know who they are. The video was available so I posted it.

Well the way you wrote your post like you never saw them before so I was just saying excuse the hell out of me...Save your little sarcasim and crybaby attitude for someone else..if I was trying to insult you I would have done so blatently I promise...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Well the way you wrote your post like you never saw them before so I was just saying excuse the hell out of me...Save your little sarcasim and crybaby attitude for someone else..if I was trying to insult you I would have done so blatently I promise...
    Who shit in your cheerios? Relax brother besideds trying to sound like hard ass over the internet only makes you look like an ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But my sarcasm and crybaby attitude work so well on you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds

Who S*** in your cheerios? Relax brother besideds trying to sound like hard a** over the internet only makes you look like an a**.

I don't remember saying anything tough...I am sure all I said was if I was going to insult you I would have..Done so Blatently...There is a difference...So you get yourself a dictionary and read the definition...I have no time for people like you who get off on starting arguements online because of their lack of companionship and constant ridicule in life because of their inbred features...I am done with you continue this by yourself you are dismissed little boy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MOVING ON...

Despite Dekker being such a bad ass, he was still 0-1 in MMA, losing to Genki Sudo via Heel Hook (or what I'm beginning to call it and the armbar, the NUBMAKR, as those two moves must beat more strikers in their initial crossover from another strikin sport than anything else)
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who S*** in your cheerios? Relax brother besideds trying to sound like hard a** over the internet only makes you look like an a**.

I don't remember saying anything tough...I am sure all I said was if I was going to insult you I would have..Done so Blatently...There is a difference...So you get yourself a dictionary and read the definition...I have no time for people like you who get off on starting arguements online because of their lack of companionship and constant ridicule in life because of their inbred features...I am done with you continue this by yourself you are dismissed little boy....
    WOW...I'm not trying to start an argument with you bub, your comments to Von were out of line, immature, and completely uncalled for. Grow up and learn a little common courtesy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes because it was nessecary for him to be snotty because I said thats Ward and Augustus......give me a break....stop wasting my time.....from your screen name I bet $ your buddies...

WOW...I'm not trying to start an argument with you bub, your comments to Von were out of line, immature, and completely uncalled for. Grow up and learn a little common courtesy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daxx, my original reply to you was serious. I meant, yes, youi're right, that's who they are and I know that, but others might not. sheesh. lets' just all relax and have fun. we'll go get some tacos and see some strippers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Daxx, my original reply to you was serious. I meant, yes, youi're right, that's who they are and I know that, but others might not. sheesh. lets' just all relax and have fun. we'll go get some tacos and see some strippers.

Fair enough...

Thread Information