Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here into Basketball (NBA)?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone here into Basketball (NBA)?

I've been getting into it the past couple of weeks - I've always kinda liked it but never really known much about it outside of Jorands Bulls in the 90's and Shaq & Kobe.

Now that I actually understand the rules and positions, I've actually really taken gained an appreciation of the sport. Really enjoying the play-offs. Think OKC might take it all the way
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone here into Basketball (NBA)?

Younger generation enjoy it and my son plays it but not really a fan. Football is just the best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I used to care about basketball back when it was good....I suppose it's come back a bit since there was a little lull in talent. The 1980's and 1990's were the Golden Era of hoops IMO....the 1992 and 1996 Dream Teams were quite possibly the best teams ever assembled in the history of all sport.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I used to care about basketball back when it was good....I suppose it's come back a bit since there was a little lull in talent. The 1980's and 1990's were the Golden Era of hoops IMO....the 1992 and 1996 Dream Teams were quite possibly the best teams ever assembled in the history of all sport.
    What about Magic Johnson and the Bird era?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah like I said "The 1980's and 1990's were the Golden Era of hoops IMO"

Magic Johnson 1979–1996 and Larry Bird 1979–1992

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah like I said "The 1980's and 1990's were the Golden Era of hoops IMO"

Magic Johnson 1979–1996 and Larry Bird 1979–1992
    That was about the extent of my knowledge and thought it was the 70's.

It seems the 80' and 90's was the peak of boxing too.

El Kabong Guest

The 80's and 90's were great for hockey too...and the NFL.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Game 6!!!! Magic Johnson was unbelievable.

I've been YouTubing the fuck outta Clyde Drexler. Him and Pippen. And obviously Johnson and Bird.

Curry annoys me. Cheeser. Westbrook is showing him how it's done.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I've been getting into it the past couple of weeks - I've always kinda liked it but never really known much about it outside of Jorands Bulls in the 90's and Shaq & Kobe.

Now that I actually understand the rules and positions, I've actually really taken gained an appreciation of the sport. Really enjoying the play-offs. Think OKC might take it all the way
    I live about 20 minutes from LeBron. James. So naturally the Cavaliers are the talk of sports here.
    Check out the the most recent interview with Larry Byrd who thinks this current era has the best shooters ever.
    Most old guys see their era as the best. But he got into the details of 3 point shooting and how small guards that are fast are still in demand.

Or was it forwards? ! LOL!

Oh im rooting.for the Cavs...whom swept 2 teams to everyone's surprise.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me, just watching Golden State vs OKC now. Didn't think OKC would do anything in the playoffs but they might win the lot.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah think they might aswell. Surprised by them. Obviously with KD and Westrook they have quality but they kept throwing leads away in the regular season and they tended to just almost play pick up basketball, which worked against poorer teams, but not so much against the quality teams. But they've stepped up in the playoffs.

Imagine how dominant they'd be if they'd have kept hold of Harden as well.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Locally we've gone from The Jazz to the Hornets to the Pelicans. No . Honestly the game delays, prat fall fouls really slow down momentum. Though there is nothing like a long arcing 3 point shot. Like NFL football seems like the college game is more action oriented.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

I live about 20 minutes from LeBron. James. So naturally the Cavaliers are the talk of sports here.
    Check out the the most recent interview with Larry Byrd who thinks this current era has the best shooters ever.
    Most old guys see their era as the best. But he got into the details of 3 point shooting and how small guards that are fast are still in demand.

Or was it forwards? ! LOL!

Oh im rooting.for the Cavs...whom swept 2 teams to everyone's surprise.
    It's funny because I tend to like a LOT of small forwards. In my naive hoop infancy I actually see them as pivotal in regards to good team chemistry. Very reliable. Our maybe they just get in where they fit in but yeah someone that can either deputise in a lot of areas, or can have a bit of free reign to pick up the ball/play and lead by example.

That's how I see them so far.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Yeah think they might aswell. Surprised by them. Obviously with KD and Westrook they have quality but they kept throwing leads away in the regular season and they tended to just almost play pick up basketball, which worked against poorer teams, but not so much against the quality teams. But they've stepped up in the playoffs.

Imagine how dominant they'd be if they'd have kept hold of Harden as well.
    Wow. Didn't know they had him. Interesting. I like Adams, think they could involve him inplays more than they do.

Is it normal to have your centre out on the perimeter marking the PG?
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

There's a lot of flash in the league positions 1-3 (that's Point Guard, Shooting Guard, and Small Forward for you foreigners), but when you start to understand the beauty of the inside game that's when things get interesting. Tim Duncan is one of the all-time greatest players and he's flown under the radar for much of his career. Watching guys like Kareem Abdul-Jabaar and Hakeem Olajuwon move in the paint was magical, for guys over 7 feet tall they were graceful and had lots of finesse and then you have guys like Shawn Kemp and Shaquille O'Neal and Darryl Dawkins who were just pure power.

I enjoy seeing the COMPLETE game, play hard on offense, make the extra pass for the open shot, but also hustle. Follow your shots, rebound, outlet passes, diving on the court for loose balls, playing good defense.

And if you ever want to see some brilliance at the PG spot look no further than THE 'Pistol' Pete Maravich...

Thread Information