Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ban Jarrell Miller for testing positive for PEDs?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Ban Jarrell Miller for testing positive for PEDs?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Id way rather that all PEDs were allowed in every sport. Paying customers deserve to see the best athletes that science can produce. Since it is banned, doping is obviously unfair, but at the same time there is perfectly legal stuff that noone was privy to years back, whats the big difference?
    I'd at least like the option....Bodybuilding has started that there's the freakshow roided to the gills HGH crowd and then there's the more lean and natural clean crowd....other sports should follow suit.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldn't make this bullshit up!!!!

SHAMBLES Jarrell Miller looks set to avoid ban for three failed Anthony Joshua drugs tests due to bizarre loophole

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...a-drugs-tests/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Id way rather that all PEDs were allowed in every sport. Paying customers deserve to see the best athletes that science can produce. Since it is banned, doping is obviously unfair, but at the same time there is perfectly legal stuff that noone was privy to years back, whats the big difference?
    I'd at least like the option....Bodybuilding has started that there's the freakshow roided to the gills HGH crowd and then there's the more lean and natural clean crowd....other sports should follow suit.

Bodybuilders are models, not athletes. They arent good at anything, its almost as far from athletic as it gets, so Id say thats a poor example and there is no need to distinguish there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    You couldn't make this bullshit up!!!!

SHAMBLES Jarrell Miller looks set to avoid ban for three failed Anthony Joshua drugs tests due to bizarre loophole

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...a-drugs-tests/
    That whole 'coincidence' smells like a dumpster fire. So they just ship off to another State exactly like Hearn and Miller did when they moved his fight from Jersey to some bingo hall in Kansas. The fight is a complete laughing stock is he's not punished and still comes off within a year. Thing is it's not only multiple substances, it's his second time caught for doping and even when he was kickboxing with 'Glory' they banned him for 9 months right off the bat. It should have been a universal ban that covered boxing too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't know how I feel about life bans. It seems harsh, especially if it's your first time. On the other hand, the six-month, backdated vacation suspension handed out to Ginger was an insult to boxing and its fans.

Surely some logical middle ground can be found.
    I would go with 3 years. Fighters have to understand. It is disgusting when Canelo gets to ride high while GGG seems to pay a price. There would be no Canelo obsession if he is gone for 3 years. Boxing is pathetic and run by crooks.

El Kabong Guest

Bodybuilders are models, not athletes. They arent good at anything, its almost as far from athletic as it gets, so Id say thats a poor example and there is no need to distinguish there.
    I used it as an example to provide a path of what I'd like to see happen in professional sports. That way if someone tests positive AT ALL then instead of banning them from the entire sport just ship them off to the juiced league and ban him from the clean league for life.

People would still pay to watch both I'm certain there's a market for it AND you'd finally be able to see a level playing field in both. Not only that you could study what PEDs actually do for athletes.

But hey, just my take and you're certainly free to disagree with it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Big Baby got suspended for 6 months. Also, he can fight... he's just being removed from the WBA rankings for 6 months.

On related news, HGH and EPO stock skyrocketed after demand suddenly increased by 1,000 percent. Boxers are now on waiting lists for the stuff.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Big Baby got suspended for 6 months. Also, he can fight... he's just being removed from the WBA rankings for 6 months.

On related news, HGH and EPO stock skyrocketed after demand suddenly increased by 1,000 percent. Boxers are now on waiting lists for the stuff.
    The problem will never be fixed if they don’t give harsher punishments

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

The problem will never be fixed if they don’t give harsher punishments
    Ergo 2 separate leagues....let the fans talk with their money. If they want to see REAL HONEST Athletes or JUICED athletes or maybe the public wants both, but that is the only way to ensure a level playing field.

In boxing and other martial arts people can get killed even when it's done properly so the rules have to be set in stone and followed and when they aren't penalties have to come down hard. I think just shipping a guy off to another league where they are allowed to juice up would be punishment enough and would weed out a lot of cheats because if you get popped 1 single solitary time you're in the juicing league for life because you can't be trusted having failed once before. If you get sent off to the juicing league then perhaps there are folks ready willing and able to do MORE roids MORE HGH and MORE EPO or whatever than other athletes and those freaks of SCIENCE (rather than freaks of nature) will be at the top level I guess.

I just like the idea of in for a penny in for a pound it would keep a lot of fighters honest as nobody would want to fight let's say an Anthony Joshua on steroids and HGH or Wilder on roids and HGH or maybe even Miller on those things.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So they're using the Canelo measuring stick to say more than 6 months would be "unfair"? That's pretty pathetic and why is a sanctioning body a factor in this at all. So Miller has literally been banned from rings coast to coast now at different times in his career for multiple substances but basically will basically be put in time out. There needs to be some idea of a unified commission not this State to State grab bag. I honestly have no interest in seeing Miller do anything in a ring and if Hearn tries to salvage him for AJ and feed it to fans he needs to be laughed outta the sport along with him.

El Kabong Guest

If Canelo was in a PEDs boxing league he'd get his ass kicked....what would GGG on roids and HGH look like?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems as if there are those who will start singing/dropping dime- if they actually get the penalty deserved. That would lead to a domino effect of outing others by name.

So a slap on the wrist is all that occurs.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whenever his next fight is.... probably six months from now.... I'll be rooting for whoever he fights to beat the blubber out of him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whenever his next fight is.... probably six months from now.... I'll be rooting for whoever he fights to beat the blubber out of him.
    Why?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Why?

Because he's a blatant cheater who got away with just a tap on the wrist. Never liked the guy anyway.

Thread Information