Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson Fury "Key to beating Wlad is fighting southpaw"

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Tyson Fury "Key to beating Wlad is fighting southpaw"

Tell me he's having a laugh! Tell me that idiot doesn't truly believe that!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury "Key to beating Wlad is fighting southpaw"

he looked very bad fighting leftie. I figured he was doing that because he saw it as an advantage vs Wlad, but he needs to get much better at it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure he feels that way due to Corrie Sanders' blow out of Wlad way back when. I think it is an oversimplification and doesn't address the fact that Sanders, although pudgy looking, was a very athletic man with fast hands/feet and a big punch that Wlad was not prepared to deal with. That being said, Fury needs to hype the fight and convince himself (and the public) that he can actually win, so I wouldn't be too hard on him about that statement.

El Kabong Guest

Fury doesn't have Corrie Sanders power or his hand speed. To say that Wlad had trouble with Tony Thompson once I will agree but in the rematch Wlad beat the piss out of him!

I'm hoping this fight happens soon because I don't see Fury as a threat at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, there you have it folks.

All heavyweights now going up against Wlad must put their Right foot forwards. & they're guaranteed of victory.

Listening to Tyson Fury sure is like an education.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is a bluff and will fight orthodox like Hagler and Rocky did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should have said "they key to me getting away with fighting horribly in a southpaw stance is that I've only done it against 6 foot 2 plodders"...

He can get away with it when he towers over somebody, he's not going to tower over Wlad.

If he's serious about beating Wlad then he needs to work on getting more pop in his shots and get in there with some big men (not chis or hammer...), his party trick is cute but not enough.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    He should have said "they key to me getting away with fighting horribly in a southpaw stance is that I've only done it against 6 foot 2 plodders"...

He can get away with it when he towers over somebody, he's not going to tower over Wlad.

If he's serious about beating Wlad then he needs to work on getting more pop in his shots and get in there with some big men (not chis or hammer...), his party trick is cute but not enough.
    Hold on, Wlad hasn't got the chin to worth worry about needing to be putting more pop in his shots. Pulev who isn't as big a puncher as Tyson hurt Wlad with a jab!

Can Wlad handle someone who is very good at pouring in the shots? Rather than just the plodding one, twoers he's been facing? Someone who can move and actually put punches together is a nightmare for Wlad let alone someone with tysons size to go with it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Hold on, Wlad hasn't got the chin to worth worry about needing to be putting more pop in his shots. Pulev who isn't as big a puncher as Tyson hurt Wlad with a jab!

Can Wlad handle someone who is very good at pouring in the shots? Rather than just the plodding one, twoers he's been facing? Someone who can move and actually put punches together is a nightmare for Wlad let alone someone with tysons size to go with it.

I'm not so sure Wlad has a bad chin. Not great obviously. I agree with questioning: can Wlad handle someone who is good at pouring in the shots.

Also noting Sanders had punching power, so no real shame in that knockout. It was indeed IMO a damn great contrast of style that worked for Sanders who sacrificed his jab by parying Wlad's jab, followed by a hard straight left.

Wlad's chin IMO wasn't really tested by Sam. When Wlad got dropped by Peter, it was that wild ass side to back of the head-wind-mill shot. Second knockdown I think was a pushdown. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Peter checking Wlad's chin. It was an equilibrium shot that dropped Wlad.

Same with Peter vs Toney.
    Toney took those shots to the back of the head better than Wlad. But that IMO is a testament to Toney's inner fortitude & Wlad's lack of it. & the Brewster loss IMO he was pure gassed-out.

Wlad takes Fury's punches easily IMO and wins an easy UD. Or he will make it look easy that is.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

I'm not so sure Wlad has a bad chin. Not great obviously. I agree with questioning: can Wlad handle someone who is good at pouring in the shots.

Also noting Sanders had punching power, so no real shame in that knockout. It was indeed IMO a damn great contrast of style that worked for Sanders who sacrificed his jab by parying Wlad's jab, followed by a hard straight left.

Wlad's chin IMO wasn't really tested by Sam. When Wlad got dropped by Peter, it was that wild ass side to back of the head-wind-mill shot. Second knockdown I think was a pushdown. I could be wrong, but I don't recall Peter checking Wlad's chin. It was an equilibrium shot that dropped Wlad.

Same with Peter vs Toney.
    Toney took those shots to the back of the head better than Wlad. But that IMO is a testament to Toney's inner fortitude & Wlad's lack of it. & the Brewster loss IMO he was pure gassed-out.

Wlad takes Fury's punches easily IMO and wins an easy UD. Or he will make it look easy that is.
    Tyson is not a weak puncher. He is just better than most give him credit for. He's very fluid and not just for his size but any heavyweight. He can move and punch on the move he can fight on the inside and put punches together well. He doesn't load up on his shots either like other fighters do and tore themselves out. When he dropped Hammer he could have finished him then and there but is actually listening to instruction and just boxing. Not risking anything.

The proof in the pudding really is how quiet the Fury bashers are today because they really have nothing to criticise his display on. Everyone is changing their opinions of him. He was a clumsy oaf (in their view) but now he's handling world rated heavies easy and looking skillfull doing it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are quiet because the fight was nothing to get excited about in the first place Ross, another undersized and limited heavyweight.

The fact that you have to tell us about all of the attributes that Fury has says it all really.

You're looking at the fight backwards, the 50 fight veteran isn't the one who is going to be shown things he's never seen before...

Edit: sorry 66 fight veteran...

The guy who got dropped heavily an old cruiserweight, took 4 times as many rounds to stop Del boy as a cruiserweight and who has yet to face a BIG world class heavyweight is the guy who is going to be dealing with something beyond what he's dealt with so far.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 03-02-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has been well matched to get where he is , im sick of all the talk , let Wlad have him.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree that Fury has been matched well.

I've never seen a fight I didn't expect him to win, I always wanted him to get destroyed, but always knew he'd win.

The fact of the matter is, to us brits he's Tyson Fury and he's the next big thing.

But to Wlad he's just another Mariusz Wach, Leapi, Pulev, Pianeta, the list goes on.

I really want Wlad to blast him out so this hype can finally be put to bed.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury will shock the world

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Tyson Fury will shock the world
    ....is he going to humbly accept his defeat??

Tyson Fury is all talk, he's worse than David Haye in that regard because he has no talent to back up his words. Yes Haye had talent, he was skilled, but not to the point he talked himself up to be (which is probably why he was so loquacious). Tyson Fury may very well produce a lot of punches, he may very well fight as ross says.......but look who he is doing that against! Plenty of people say "Oh I've got the plan to beat Wlad, I've got the style, Wlad's never seen anyone like me before"...but when they get in the ring with THE CHAMP it's a different ballgame. Fighters have thought PRESSURE, Brewster poured on the pressure, he beat Wlad.... .....Lamon Brewster has one hell of a chin, yes he poured on pressure, after Wlad threw everything but the kitchen sink at him after scoring the knockdown, same with Purrity. That's not a smart way to approach a fight, the Homer Simpson style of absorb everything thrown at you until your opponent is tired and weak from punching you in the head and body but then again Tyson Fury IS a pretty dumb fellow. People have constantly pointed to Sanders and Brewster as "blue prints" of how to beat Wlad.....at one point in time, yes. Had Sam Peter kept his head and hands moving maybe he could have worn Wlad down in their first fight, but Wlad is a different fighter now, he's conservative when he needs to be and he's aggressive in the use of his jab to stifle the attack of his opponent. Can Tyson Fury counter that? I don't know, I haven't seen him do it against anyone else, I haven't seen him HAVE to do that vs anyone else.

Wlad is a more fluid fighter than Fury, Wlad has faster hands, Wlad has bigger power, Wlad has more experience, and Wlad has the chance to make history....I believe all of those things favor Wlad. Fury is younger and taller that's about it.

Thread Information