Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

Do I have to be making a point?

I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

Did I say you could no longer watch.

Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    this is what happens when you start censoring free speech

No. most of the guys here really do not give a fuck about free speech. They would willingly stand by and watch decent people all over the world rot in jail and die after being tortured for excercising free speech.

The amount of derision and general disdain when i have mentioned or linked to Amnesty International and Index against Censorship campaigns and events i have worked on here proves that.

This what happens when you believe any conspiracy that has been designed to distract your from REAL CENSORSHIP AND REMOVAL OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREE SPEECH

BLAZING SADDLES HAS NOT BEEN BANNED
    i'm not sure how most of that relates to my post. i would say this is what happens when you believe instead of know. i haven't said anything about movies but they are want & getting things changed like aunt jemima. when you start putting feelings above free speech this is the path it leads to
    Take you own advice

'This is what happens when you believe instead of know'

Blazing Saddles hasn't been banned. People want to believe it has but when it is shown and explained that has not happened

They simply do not want to know.
    i take that advise everyday. i still haven't said anything about movies
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Just for clarification are these flicks, other than Gone with the Wind on a certain platform, actually going anywhere? Sounds like it’s literally a 2-3 line label to viewers almost like warnings that already exist on movies. Yeh def a little hyper sensitive but there’s a difference between chopping or 86ing them outright and a FYI label.

I mean seriously name any movie in the history of Hollywood and at least 1 line or scene can be highlighted as outdated, offensive or racially ‘whitewashed’. You’d literally have to delete the majority of Westerns from the early Century 30’s through 70’s. How many times did Burt Reynolds depict an Indian ffs. Aliens is a head scratcher. I thought it was for ‘Vazquez’. Ironic though as it spawned one of the most badass characters for a female lead over the movies and stood apart.
    Warnings like what? Don't record this & sell on the black market? Or "This movie contains nudity, profane language, sexual content, etc" .....the warnings have only gotten longer you've got to warn people about smoking these days. Why? Who is the target audience for these warnings? And as you see from the list of films the warnings themselves are arbitrary and lump everything together regardless of if it's satire or a comedy or serious. 'Tropic Thunder' is offensive? Really? To who?

Lots of things are fucking dumb if you are outraged by a few words before a movie you are a full on fucking broflake. Get over yourself.
    As per usual Beanz excuses stupidity.

Nowhere did i condone or approve your stupidity.

If your idea of censorship is not having the right to demand a private company remove a warning from a product they have paid for the rights to, you probably need to have a little more grit sprinkled in your shoes... softy.
    Ironic how Mr. Photographer, Mr. Punk Rock is ok with warning labels on art. I guess you wouldn't remember Tipper Gore and the PMRC who slapped a warning label on Frank Zappa's entirely INSTRUMENTAL album, Danzig skirted the PMRC with the lyrics in 'Mother', Dee Snider of 'Twisted Sister' railed against Tipper Gore in front of Congress, NOFX wrote 'The PMRC Can Suck on This'......and yet here you are defending this warning label. How very punk of you

It ain't my place to speak over the artist's meaning or crowd their style. I can have an opinion on art, but I don't require a warning Grandma.
    Well yeh the standard rating system warnings they do. As long as I can recall there’s been advisories for shows or movies on public air and sure they’ve added in as times change. Like I said I’d rather that than editing out or censoring movies. But that’s also been done for the longest. Studios often rework versions both for ‘public’ aka free commercial network vs an HBO or theater etc. As long as I can get the uncut version than as a consumer that’s where I’ll go. Do they really have warnings for smoking in movies?? Truth is I haven’t been to a theater in years but haven’t seen a warning for it on a Netflix or Hulu etc. I know they prohibit paid product placement for tobacco but unsure of a mandated warning.

El Kabong Guest

Well yeh the standard rating system warnings they do. As long as I can recall there’s been advisories for shows or movies on public air and sure they’ve added in as times change. Like I said I’d rather that than editing out or censoring movies. But that’s also been done for the longest. Studios often rework versions both for ‘public’ aka free commercial network vs an HBO or theater etc. As long as I can get the uncut version than as a consumer that’s where I’ll go. Do they really have warnings for smoking in movies?? Truth is I haven’t been to a theater in years but haven’t seen a warning for it on a Netflix or Hulu etc. I know they prohibit paid product placement for tobacco but unsure of a mandated warning.

Netflix to introduce smoking warnings to its ratings system
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...atings-system/
    The Man With No Name is about to be slapped with a health warning. Netflix is to add smoking to its online rating system, listing it alongside scenes of sex and violence.

Classic films that will be branded for their tobacco content include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is rarely seen without a cigarillo between his lips.

All future films made by Netflix will omit smoking unless the writer and director can prove it is “essential to the creative vision” of the project. A remake of Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western would be unlikely to feature Eastwood drawling: “After a meal, there’s nothing like a good cigar.”

From Princess Margaret in The Crown to Don Draper in Mad Men, Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral to Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary, some of film and television’s most memorable characters have a cigarette in their hand.

All will merit smoking warnings under new rules announced yesterday(7/3/19) by the US streaming service, along with a ban on smoking in all new content (a TV-14 or below rating for television, PG-13 or below for film) aimed at young people except “for reasons of historical or factual accuracy”.

Higher-rated projects will only include smoking if it is “essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it’s character-defining (historically or culturally important).”

All I'm saying is allow artists to create art.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Random but have to throw in, the Dee Snider testimony was and remains one of the truest moments before Congress that we’ve witnessed. I remember it very well and the push for album labeling and frankly only purchasing albums and cassettes WITH the labels for that very reason . But Dees main point of contention wasn’t that warning labels are good or bad it was that he was personally targeted and his art misrepresented and his content distorted by the PMRC. To the point of Gore outright lying about merchandise and presenting their lyrics out or order to push their agenda and use him as a scapegoat. I recall the go they had at Biafra and Frankenchrist too as mostly the PMRC were distorting actual content solely based on album covers or jackets and talking out of their asses. Snider made the case perfect..they watched the video but ignored the lyrics. The actual parental advisory sticks actually became a marketing tag in time blowing up in their faces and an exercise in Government futility and idiocy.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 06-22-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Man With No Name is about to be slapped with a health warning. Netflix is to add smoking to its online rating system, listing it alongside scenes of sex and violence.

Classic films that will be branded for their tobacco content include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is rarely seen without a cigarillo between his lips.

All future films made by Netflix will omit smoking unless the writer and director can prove it is “essential to the creative vision” of the project. A remake of Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western would be unlikely to feature Eastwood drawling: “After a meal, there’s nothing like a good cigar.”

From Princess Margaret in The Crown to Don Draper in Mad Men, Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral to Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary, some of film and television’s most memorable characters have a cigarette in their hand.

All will merit smoking warnings under new rules announced yesterday(7/3/19) by the US streaming service, along with a ban on smoking in all new content (a TV-14 or below rating for television, PG-13 or below for film) aimed at young people except “for reasons of historical or factual accuracy”.

Higher-rated projects will only include smoking if it is “essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it’s character-defining (historically or culturally important).”

Yeh now ya see that’s just dumb. I can see a line affixed to the general rating system as passable but no go at all at omitting content. Isn’t that the whole point of a rating system in the first place, adult material sexual content, gore, blah blah gets slapped with an R rating. It fixes itself it would seem. I highly doubt there will be a stringent follow through of actually chopping content and if their is than better buckle up for some lawsuits as said content was created and distributed under standing laws etc. Censoring a cigar in a scene while gunning down five whiskey swilling hombres seems a little assbackwards and unlikely but we’ll see.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh now ya see that’s just dumb. I can see a line affixed to the general rating system as passable but no go at all at omitting content. Isn’t that the whole point of a rating system in the first place, adult material sexual content, gore, blah blah gets slapped with an R rating. It fixes itself it would seem. I highly doubt there will be a stringent follow through of actually chopping content and if their is than better buckle up for some lawsuits as said content was created and distributed under standing laws etc. Censoring a cigar in a scene while gunning down five whiskey swilling hombres seems a little assbackwards and unlikely but we’ll see.
    I noticed that smoking warning on Netflix has been around for a few months unless they are making even a bigger deal about it now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I noticed that smoking warning on Netflix has been around for a few months unless they are making even a bigger deal about it now.
    I dunno man I had a helluva slow day at work so had a look. Cape Fear, Good the Bad and the Ugly and even something called ‘Rolling Papers’ and there was no sight of a smoking tag. Oddly Fear had a strong violence, language and suspense but nothing else. Clint has his stogies and Rolling Papers just listed ‘substances and language’ but it was rated TV MA. I forgot how sadistic Cape Fear was btw, dude was sick.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno man I had a helluva slow day at work so had a look. Cape Fear, Good the Bad and the Ugly and even something called ‘Rolling Papers’ and there was no sight of a smoking tag. Oddly Fear had a strong violence, language and suspense but nothing else. Clint has his stogies and Rolling Papers just listed ‘substances and language’ but it was rated TV MA. I forgot how sadistic Cape Fear was btw, dude was sick.
    I can’t comment on cape fear as I didn’t watch it on Netflix but I watched a documentary and one of the warnings was smoking. It was a documentary on innocent people who did a bunch a jail time. By the way you should watch the original cape fear if you haven’t yet, good stuff.

El Kabong Guest

I can’t comment on cape fear as I didn’t watch it on Netflix but I watched a documentary and one of the warnings was smoking. It was a documentary on innocent people who did a bunch a jail time. By the way you should watch the original cape fear if you haven’t yet, good stuff.
    Robert Mitchum was badass!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robert Mitchum was badass!
    And Gregory Peck kicks some serious ass they were both great actors I have to say I prefer the original but I’m partial to the classics anyway

El Kabong Guest

Original Scarface is fucking mint!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like modern movies. They make plenty of good ones but something about the old classics where they relied less on effects and camera work and more on the story I just really love that old shit. I’m watching I’ll cry tomorrow with Susan Haywood right now, don’t know if I’ll watch the whole thing but it’s looking good.

You ever read about Hedy Lamarr, the old time actress and her involvement in WW2. Its quite amazing she was a genius, smoking hot genius.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smith...-fi-180971584/
    Last edited by walrus; 06-23-2020 at 03:00 AM.

El Kabong Guest

I like modern movies. They make plenty of good ones but something about the old classics where they relied less on effects and camera work and more on the story I just really love that old shit. I’m watching I’ll cry tomorrow with Susan Haywood right now, don’t know if I’ll watch the whole thing but it’s looking good.

You ever read about Hedy Lamarr, the old time actress and her involvement in WW2. Its quite amazing she was a genius, smoking hot genius.

Read about her? She's in the film version of my favorite Steinbeck novel! 'Tortilla Flat'

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read about her? She's in the film version of my favorite Steinbeck novel! 'Tortilla Flat'
    Damn she was incredibly beautiful. Obviously she had a type of brilliance beyond the norm. Betty Davis I really like as an actress but I never really saw her as beautiful as Lamarr, Hepburn and many other of those beauties back then. Great actress though.

Thread Information