No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Eddie Chambers challenges WBC No.6 Lucas Browne

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eddie Chambers v WBC No.6 heavyweight Lucas Browne - great matchup

That's as good a fight as either could hope for I figure. I like Chambers to outbox him but you never know how much he's going to throw, Browne is tough and works hard if nothing else. Complete must win fight if either guy wants to go on to some money fights, should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right it's a great matchup - contrast in styles. Chambers has done so well as a heavyweight given the fact he is so much smaller than the big guys

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not an interesting fight. Chambers will just run and stick out his tongue like a little girl.

Then he'll cry like a little girl if he loses a decision.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chambers to UD....I just don't think Big Daddy can box. He beat up an old and fat James Toney... that's it... Chambers is still active, mobile and can box a bit better than most people give credit for.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    It's not an interesting fight. Chambers will just run and stick out his tongue like a little girl.

Eddie may be guilty of a few things, such as not throwing enough punches, but I never recall seeing him run.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Eddie may be guilty of a few things, such as not throwing enough punches, but I never recall seeing him run.
    He just runs and covers up whenever he fights a puncher. Watch this one:

Klitschko-Chambers

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a very interesting fight, it might not be entertaining and chambers might run around the ring, which could also be called avoiding the opponents punches(which is a good idea) but this is going to be pretty close and very interesting.. Eddie is a good skillfull undersized heavyweight who is slightly past his prime, Browne has the momentum behind him but I think he is limited.. It'll be very interesting to see browne up against someone who has a good chance of beating him.. I am picking eddie by ud, I am looking forward to this one..

I assume eddie is serving as a scout or the first line of defence for tyson furys potential fight v browne.. I think if Lucas browne wins and team fury like what they see then brown fury will not be far away

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chambers is a very "live" dog in this one.

To be honest, I like him on points over Browne.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Browne will destroy him.

I watch Chamber fight Adamek and it was probably the worst fight performance I've seen from him. His punch output was ridiculously low.

I literally didn't give him a round, which is fair as one judge scored it 119-109 to Adamek.

There's no reason to believe he has improved since, and I don't care about the shit he's been fighting since.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 10-03-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

I watch Chamber fight Adamek and it was probably the worst fight performance I've seen from him. His punch output was ridiculously low.

I literally didn't give him a round, which is fair as one judge scored it 119-109 to Adamek.

There's no reason to believe he has improved since, and I don't care about the shit he's been fighting since.
    pretty sure eddie tore his bicep or some other arm injury very early on in that fight, so that would explain his low punch output, if you believe him of course.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie is a nice guy, but honestly has done near nothing for 4+ years with his highest win being over Derrick Rossy while losing convincingly to Adamek and near schooled vs Mchunu. Unless he arrives in a time machine I'm thinking Browne out mugs, out mauls and catches up to Chambers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Chambers still has enough to handle Browne
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

pretty sure eddie tore his bicep or some other arm injury very early on in that fight, so that would explain his low punch output, if you believe him of course.
    I was going to mention the injury as well. In any case, we should also remember that Chambers has a new trainer now compare to back then, so I'm interested to see if that will help.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is a good matchup, but Chambers is so hot and cold. He can be really good, but other times he just doesn't throw punches. Browne is basic, but it all depends on if Chambers can heat up or not.

Thread Information