Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lopez at 140.

Can you picture Teo beating Josh Taylor at 140?

How do you see his career going from this point?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lopez at 140.

It is difficult to make a prediction having never seen him fight at that weight. Teo was HUGE at 135, so some of his size and strength advantage will disappear. He also showed the ability to take a punch (he didn’t seem seriously hurt by the Kambosas knockdown- more shocked/surprised), and had legitimate explosive/one punch knockout power. Some fighters take their punch when they move up, while others don’t- it remains to be seen which Teo will be. Finally, Teo has solid boxing skills and will definitely carry those up with him.

So, without any confidence at all and minimal historical evidence/proof, I will provide 100% conjecture and say I think Teo is less effective and does not best Taylor. My reasoning is that I think Teo’s loss of size advantage, the reduction in the effectiveness of his punch at the higher weight, and his reaction to getting hit make him less effective at. 140. He seemed very uncomfortable when Loma finally let his hands go and started hitting him, and the volume/activity of Kambosas overwhelmed him. I think Taylor boxes circles around him, hits hard enough to seriously hurt him, and wins a wide decision. All that being said, I also predicted an easy KO (for GGG) when Canelo first signed to move up and fight GGG, and we all saw how that went….

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez will not beat Josh Taylor but it would be a good contest. I think Josh will move up at and take on Spence or Crawford.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the perimeter functions that make me wonder about Lopez going forward. He has to clean out his mental attic. He's outgrown 135 and has been barking his weight up since Loma. Just feels like the top young guns at 135 have really blown it so far. Since Tank sparked Leo I haven't seen him fight live . Crushing cans like Rolly on a ppv wall is pretty much running idle. Haney, Ryan 'Milk Carton' Garcia and Lopez all chirping but not exactly knocking down doors. I honestly think Taylor torches Lopez and Prograis at least chases him thru a very bad neighborhood.

Thread Information