Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default European Style?

I've heard of this style of boxing from a number of different places. It supposedly originates from the Soviet area. I'm specifically referring to the long hook/long uppercut techniques, as I've seen some fighters use such as the Klitschko brothers and Fedor Emelianenko (Pride HW Champ) to great effect.

I would like to know this as I am researching it, and I've found that I may or may not be more comfortable with utilizing. I think if I can learn it, it may greatly enhance my technical ability (I fight Muay Thai and MMA).

So, does anyone have any info on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: European Style?

welcome bruv!, fight to what your coach thinks your strengths are dont think bout anything else.(sorry bit to much bevy tonight)
    gally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should watch some of the Cuban amateur boxers, and also Russians.

But not all russians fight the same, some of them are Straight forward in your face fighters others are what you call out-fighters. Never on the inside always using the long hook to spin around you.

European boxing is actually a fine art of out-boxing.

Cuban amateurs are your best bet, just watch them and you will learn.

The key to european boxing is the front hand. Keeps him away and everytime he comes at you throw a hook and spin off of it. My trainers is a euro style boxing trainer....but it is not a style I like.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

see I always thought it meant a more upright stance, close guard, stiffer body, and jab jab jab

any other offers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yup there is a russian hook? or perhaps an uppercut off the right hand that actually is a snaping punch that is thrown to the chin and sets up a nice straight right...thrown like a martial arts backfist but loops up from under the fighters guard as you throw it step out and throw a right can be useful at putting the chin up and into the path of ther right. it doesn't have a lot of power, but it scores and shakes up guys that ain't expecting it i use it a lot with the philly shell defense and when used like the rjj jab or after jabbibf from the waist it is easy to throw the opponent off. also check out the cuban uppercut... nasty tech good for mma fighters esp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it is not an uppercut...its called an Up-Jab when used wit the Jab hand and a Straight arm upercut..

It would come from below and go Straight up, Nasseem used to do it all the time. The up-jab is done by Ricky hatton alot.

Think of european boxing like Fencing...

The front hand is your sword.....thats the way its explained.

Thread Information