Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What is up with Boxrec rankings?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is up with Boxrec rankings?

I know it’s done on a point system but it arranged by divisions so what you have done in that division should matter somewhat

But if you look at the lightweight division for example it’s

1-Tank Davis
    2-Shakur Stevenson
    3-Devin Haney
    4-Vasyl Lomachenko
    5-George Kambosos

So number 1 has never done anything in the division of significance. Most of his work is above and below

Number 2 just got to the division, maybe 1 or 2 are the best but neither has DONE ANYTHING to be ranked as the top LIGHTWEIGHT. 1 we can assume probably never will since he just stepped up to fighting a prospect after 6 years since his last meaningful fight

Haney, like him or hate him has 3 wins over top 5 guys in their rankings. But that doesn’t get him points by their system? Makes no sense. It feels like the point system is a lie and there’s a fanboy making the rankings

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is up with Boxrec rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I know it’s done on a point system but it arranged by divisions so what you have done in that division should matter somewhat

But if you look at the lightweight division for example it’s

1-Tank Davis
    2-Shakur Stevenson
    3-Devin Haney
    4-Vasyl Lomachenko
    5-George Kambosos

So number 1 has never done anything in the division of significance. Most of his work is above and below

Number 2 just got to the division, maybe 1 or 2 are the best but neither has DONE ANYTHING to be ranked as the top LIGHTWEIGHT. 1 we can assume probably never will since he just stepped up to fighting a prospect after 6 years since his last meaningful fight

Haney, like him or hate him has 3 wins over top 5 guys in their rankings. But that doesn’t get him points by their system? Makes no sense. It feels like the point system is a lie and there’s a fanboy making the rankings
    I really don’t know why, but Boxrec’s ratings have always been a bit of a joke.
    And as much as it is a really informative site for viewing records , I have never taken any notice of their ratings.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney should be the number 1 at Lightweight, which is an historic and prestigious weight class in boxing so it matters who is ranked the best.

Tank has jumped up and down the divisions and Stevenson is new at the weight to be ranked above Haney.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think recently the wbc ranking situation is a glaring example of what a paid and positioned cf they really are. Boxrec gets big play but it’s not like they’re handing out belts or sending others belts into perms hibernation. But they still manage to be off as well. Top names will always scramble but what’s actually enforced? Just need to see how they sort Hughes, Kambosos, Harutyunyan and that says something. Michel ‘popped dirty’ Rivera still ahead of K Davis. Convinced they are just throwing darts at a board to decide tbh.

Thread Information