Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

Anyone got any advice on that?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! and I also need some help with my right foot.

When I throw my straight right I've caught myself a couple of times liftin up my foot off the ground.

Anything I can do to help me keep it on the ground?
    Like tie some weights around my foot?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.

ICB Guest

When I throw my straight right I've caught myself a couple of times liftin up my foot off the ground.

Are you leaning in when you throw it ? if you want to get the most power into your right hand. Get in your boxing stance and turn your right foot straight, while using your hips all at once.

Im guessing your leaning in when you throw the straight right hand, which is leaving your off balance. The suggestion i gave you above, will help you keep your balance, and you will help you get more power into your right hand let me know how it goes.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you leaning in when you throw it ? if you want to get the most power into your right hand. Get in your boxing stance and turn your right foot straight, while using your hips all at once.

Im guessing your leaning in when you throw the straight right hand, which is leaving your off balance. The suggestion i gave you above, will help you keep your balance, and you will help you get more power into your right hand let me know how it goes.
    Right I understand that...

What I'm saying is while I get in the habit of turning my right foot and using my hip. Is there any excersice I can practice to help me get in the habit of doing it.

Thanks for taking the time ICB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm guessing your leaning to your left when you throw it in order to get extra power, like a baseball pitch. The way I corrected that was shadow boxing slowly in front of the mirror. Also practise throwing without turning your hips, just using your shoulders to slingshot the punch.

A good exercise for this is standing there, legs shoulder width apart elbows bent out at 90 degrees holding a weight. Then without your hips moving rotate your shoulders from side to side, trust me its more difficult than it sounds, just make sure those hips don't move!

Also try laying on your back, arms straight out from your body, feet directly in the air. Lower your legs to one side and stop them before they reach the ground, bring back to vertical and repeat. This one is difficult, so only go as low as you can handle to start with. These will build great torque strength for your core and make your obliques get cut, so enjoy EDIT: use your arms on the ground to stabilise your shoulders so they stay as flat as possible on the ground.

With the fat at the bottom of the abs, it's the last place for fat to come off blokes. Doing more lower ab exercises is not going to get rid of it. Just keep cutting calories slowly and it will go, but it is stubborn as hell.
    Last edited by Salty; 11-04-2008 at 04:25 AM.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I'm guessing your leaning to your left when you throw it in order to get extra power, like a baseball pitch. The way I corrected that was shadow boxing slowly in front of the mirror. Also practise throwing without turning your hips, just using your shoulders to slingshot the punch.

A good exercise for this is standing there, legs shoulder width apart elbows bent out at 90 degrees holding a weight. Then without your hips moving rotate your shoulders from side to side, trust me its more difficult than it sounds, just make sure those hips don't move!

Also try laying on your back, arms straight out from your body, feet directly in the air. Lower your legs to one side and stop them before they reach the ground, bring back to vertical and repeat. This one is difficult, so only go as low as you can handle to start with. These will build great torque strength for your core and make your obliques get cut, so enjoy EDIT: use your arms on the ground to stabilise your shoulders so they stay as flat as possible on the ground.

With the fat at the bottom of the abs, it's the last place for fat to come off blokes. Doing more lower ab exercises is not going to get rid of it. Just keep cutting calories slowly and it will go, but it is stubborn as hell.
    Cheers! fella really appreciate you taking the time...

Will def. give your advice a go.

ICB Guest

Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w

Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Salty is right that you can't get rid of fat in one area, thats a myth the only thing that will make that fat go is cardio and cutting the calories. But some good lower ab exercises are hanging leg raises.

If you have a chin up bar get on it and make sure your palms are facing away from you. Your body should be straight then lift your legs keeping them straight, and raise your legs almost level with your abs. If thats too hard at first, then just try and lift them as far as you can, or bend your knees to your chest. And work up to it.

This video here Mick is what your looking for and make sure, you don't use any swinging motion.

Another one is called Double Leg Raises i believe, not sure of the name. But basically lay flat down on a mat. Put your hands behind your butt with your palms facing the floor. Then lift your legs up to round about 90 degree angle, keep your legs straight and hold it for a few seconds then lower your legs. Until there almost hitting the floor then raise your legs in the same position as last time and keep repeating it until you can't do no more.

Theres two good ones there i'll give you some more later, but i just want to find out if your doing them ones first. Because there some of the most effective lower ab exercises.
    Is that you on that vid ?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

Nah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

Nah
    LOL I'm just kidding. I knew he was too good looking for somebody from London.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick with the Foot, Try going Southpaw on the bag. It will give you a better feel where you should be with your feet, alternate each round you might get a better understanding.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Mick with the Foot, Try going Southpaw on the bag. It will give you a better feel where you should be with your feet, alternate each round you might get a better understanding.
    Cheers Scrap...
    I've got training scheduled for tomorrow morning 9 am.
    Will def. give that a go...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright thanks to everyone for the help.

I see what I need to do, It's hard to break the habit of lifting the foot off the ground. But with time and practice I'll get better.

My double end bag keeps going flat and it's brand new...
    Gonna fix it tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Thread Information