Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Boxing & MMA on the same card this weekend

Basically on the undercard of tommorow nights jones jr-sheika fight Kimbo Slice and a couple of old WWF fighters will be competing in MMA form.

Cant say im surprised that the fatcats at the top of the game have decided to cash in on the current ultimate fighting craze, suffice to say though im still utterly dissapointed to see boxing selfishly promote a rival sport just to bring in a few extra bucks.

I have no interest for passing fads like MMA/UFC etc and honestly believe the 2 should not be allowed to mix.

I know there are plenty of MMA/UFC fans on here that`ll welcome this new idea. But it just stinks of selling out for me!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing & MMA on the same card this weekend

Yeah I heard bout' it the other day...not a big fan of combining the 2 to be honest, I don't mind watching UFC now n then but putting MMA and boxing together doesn't seem like a good idea to me, it's not going to attract the hardcore fans of either sport but more than likely the neutrals or newcomers...kinda like the Nintendo Wii

Could turn out to be a total cock up or a very shrewd business move...like the Nintendo Wii lol, unfortunately that's the best analogy I can come up with...maybe that makes me a geek I'm undecided

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing and MMA are totally different sports and I am not of the feeling that MMA is going to snuff out boxing.

I also dont believe MMA is a fad or passing sport. It is been around a long time and is here to say.

I dont mind them combining the two sports on cards, it will give the fans more bang for their buck.

What drives me crazy is when boxing cards feature only 1 good fight and the rest is a bunch of crap. Over the last 10 years that seems to be the trend. Hopefully boxing will learn from MMA in that putting cards together with more than one good fight will draw more fans especially in a weak economy. That is what Dana White preaches and just one of the things that has made the UFC successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones is promoting MMA card now too. I think he had his first one last week. He promotes more and more boxers too. Gato Figeroa recently signed with him.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll watch the Boxing cards, but I will not watch that Man on Man Action (MMA) or UFC where U Fuck Cocks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Basically on the undercard of tommorow nights jones jr-sheika fight Kimbo Slice and a couple of old WWF fighters will be competing in MMA form.

Cant say im surprised that the fatcats at the top of the game have decided to cash in on the current ultimate fighting craze, suffice to say though im still utterly dissapointed to see boxing selfishly promote a rival sport just to bring in a few extra bucks.

I have no interest for passing fads like MMA/UFC etc and honestly believe the 2 should not be allowed to mix.

I know there are plenty of MMA/UFC fans on here that`ll welcome this new idea. But it just stinks of selling out for me!!
    Why is it a rival sport? I'm not even sure what that means
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

I dislike MMA, I dislike most of the MMA fighters, and I dislike the majority of MMA fans.

This doesn't mean I won't ever watch an MMA fight (though it is VERY rare that I do), it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the skill that goes into MMA or the training those guys do, and it doesn't mean I hate everyone involved with the sport.....just the majority of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont think i have ever watched a MMA fight, seen a couple of UFC fights but as soon as they start that gay wrestling on the floor stuff i turn it off. this mix card thing aint my thing but hell if it gets fans talking from both sports its only a good thing aint it?

El Kabong Guest

Hahaha yeah, exactly right Drago!

As soon as they start spooning I am changing the station!

And foot stomping WTF?!?!?! Sorry unless you are one of the Three Stooges then you can't use that in a fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if they have to wrestle i wanna see some of that ray mysterio stuff ha ha

Thread Information