Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The countdown to the Charlos getting exposed

Talk about a hype job. The primary reason they are so overly rated is the fact that they are twins. Above average at best...and Jermell is hot garbage. It won't be long before they get put to the test and get put down.

I'm just impressed with them.

The Super Welter/Junior Middle division probably has the strongest group of top 10 guys out there right now. The Charlos won't have the luxury of avoiding contenders and taking on favorable matchups. Not to mention they have been called out lately. Like Joe Louis said: "You can run, but you can't hide."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The countdown to the Charlos getting exposed

Hype jobs is a bit much, I don't think they are getting that much of it either. Was definitely higher on both of them and especially Jermell before their last fights, now I'm not sure who the better brother is. They are both very live with anyone in the division clearly though. Gun to my head I think I'd pick Andrade over anyone at 154 right now, but he needs to keep busy and get a big fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm confused. They are ranked 2/4 at 154. One of them behind Cotto. I'd take either to beat Cotto.

Andrade is better so move him up and they are still at 3/4.

Who else could move ahead of them, Not Smith. Williams perhaps, Martirosyan perhaps. Let's move both ahead that means they are still only 2 spots over rated. But they are champions, shouldn't they be rated over non champions if they have comparable or even superior records?

What I don't understand is the idea that 154 is strong so that means the Charlos are overrated. To me it says more about the division than about them. They aren't going to be undefeated for long but I don't see why that matters. They are among the best in a deep and talented division, that seems pretty good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hype jobs is a bit much, I don't think they are getting that much of it either. Was definitely higher on both of them and especially Jermell before their last fights, now I'm not sure who the better brother is. They are both very live with anyone in the division clearly though. Gun to my head I think I'd pick Andrade over anyone at 154 right now, but he needs to keep busy and get a big fight.
    I agree. Was definitely higher on both. I thought Jermall was the better of the 2. However in his fight against trout, he looked a little flustered and bewildered at times. There would be no shame in that (as they're still learning and Trout can be a craft vet) except it looks like they dragged Trout out of bed 2 minutes before the fight. Really a big difference at the fight was the size at the weight. Some of these fighters now are looking huge at the weight. I understand boiling down is part of the sport but i don't recall a time where there were so many instances of non heavies weighing in the same and then there appearing to be such a big disparity in size in the ring. Canelo, Molina, The Charlos, donaire, etc...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where would you rate them?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've flipped to seeing Jermell the better between them. Jermall has looked heavy and bit pedestrian recently. His first defense was near mismatch of year material. Julian Williams is hopefully up for him and at this minute call it an even match. Iron Twin Jermell has seen deeper comp and a new chip on his shoulder and leaner meaner shots. So far him getting 'exposed' has only consisted of beating four top ten contenders at time or current and watch another by the name of Andrade pull out of a signed fight with him because BooBoo got his feelings hurt. Hopefully it'll all come together and they can what would be a gem between sharpshooters.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are both good. last fight was both of their worst showing IMO. I still think they both beat Canelo. They may both beat Lara too. Andrade would be close. I guess it depends what you mean by overrated. If people think they are boxing stars then I agree. Most people just think that they are good fighters and perhaps the best in the division.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being twins they are marketed a bit more than others.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information