Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  243
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Attend

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Seriously.. Most of us have been here for 10yrs plus. People have repeatedly talked of meet ups here in Europe or stateside and it ain't going to happen. Petey going to Oz to meet @Andre was one of the highlights for me in the last 11years and @MARKTKO has taken the initiative in meeting both Gandalf and Master but here is the chance for more Saddos to actually see and hear who they have been spending countless hours conversing with for years.

I know it will not be for everyone but I am amazed more are not even a little curious or interested in at least popping in and saying hello. Its 2020 and the worse that can happen is that a lot of your own assumptions can be burst and some of the vitriol can be taken out of disagreements here on the forum. Hell you may even end up liking fellas you thought we're complete aresholes.

Its not university challange or a frat party but you can bring your own beer and ask any questions you like or just chill as and say howdy or whatoh.

What have you got to lose?
    I’m really pleased you’re having a good time with it, and it’s not a terrible idea. Each to their own.
    But seriously, why the hard sell? It’s almost like you’re on a commission or something. If people want to join in, they will, if they don’t , they won’t.
    But yours and Brock’s constant banging on probably puts people that were mildly inquisitive off.
    I can only talk for myself though.
    Hope you get what you want out of it.

Projection on your part mate. Seriously, a post that took about a minute to write is hardly the hard sell.

I am quite happy not to be a part if it means others want to join in. Face to face stuff is very hard for me, and not exactly part of my comfort zone, and my life right now is more stressed and hectic than it has been for years, but i still managed it. It is what it is.
    Projection on my part hey? so is that the first time you’ve posted the old “what have you got to lose” spiel ? Or even the second ?
    So it doesn’t matter that it took “about a minute” to write , does it?
    And the old “I did it , even with my cross to bear, so anyone can” line sounds like to me, when we were kids and somebody jumps off the top diving board and keeps onto you up there looking down.
    All a bit dramatic to me.
    Hey listen, you’re right, it is what it is, enjoy.👍
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo Zoom Meeting: August 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. LONDON TIME- All Invited to Atten

Beanz is one of the most pleasant, attentive, sincere people I have ever met. The face to face experience is reality. The typing on a 1-dimensional keyboard warrior shit is just what it is: a lot of hot air from everybody on here.

Beanz is right: face to face is fantastic, really humanistic and only those who have hangups poo-poo it and do not want to try it. @TitoFan is right I will agree that sometimes so much has been said that it is hard for some people for whatever reasons, culturally or just specifically on an individual basis, to forget about all that and just meet face to face. In my case, I use to go at it with Beanz for a couple years, and we have absolutely no problem at all now getting along great, if we can do it, then ANYONE can do it, right Beanz? Its just some people dont want to try. @Beanz is right that some people prefer to keep up the posturing and would be DISARMED when seeing how they genuinely like the person(s) who they have been arguing/insulting and fighting with.

Primo, please bud, take a deep breath, we used to get along better years ago, I even did a short Christmas song on my guitar in 2014 called "Merry X-Mas Primo Carnera", it proves we used to get along better in the past, so its not too late, take a look in the mirror, you are no different than any of us, warts and all, you are no less annoying than I am, no less of a jerk than I can be, no better than Beanz or Lyle or Tito or Rich or Al or Memphis or anybody else on here, and it would be GREAT to have you on there for the next SaddoZoom4.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SaddoZoom4 - This Wednesday Aug. 19, at 7 P.M. UK Time which is 2 P.M. EST New York Time/Bahamas Time

1. go to zoom.us

2. top right corner click on JOIN A MEETING

3. enter the Meeting ID and Passcode below:

Meeting ID: 590 235 3565
    SecurityPasscode: cheras19

ENABLE YOUR AUDIO AND CAMERA

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Beanz is one of the most pleasant, attentive, sincere people I have ever met. The face to face experience is reality. The typing on a 1-dimensional keyboard warrior shit is just what it is: a lot of hot air from everybody on here.

Beanz is right: face to face is fantastic, really humanistic and only those who have hangups poo-poo it and do not want to try it. @TitoFan is right I will agree that sometimes so much has been said that it is hard for some people for whatever reasons, culturally or just specifically on an individual basis, to forget about all that and just meet face to face. In my case, I use to go at it with Beanz for a couple years, and we have absolutely no problem at all now getting along great, if we can do it, then ANYONE can do it, right Beanz? Its just some people dont want to try. @Beanz is right that some people prefer to keep up the posturing and would be DISARMED when seeing how they genuinely like the person(s) who they have been arguing/insulting and fighting with.

Primo, please bud, take a deep breath, we used to get along better years ago, I even did a short Christmas song on my guitar in 2014 called "Merry X-Mas Primo Carnera", it proves we used to get along better in the past, so its not too late, take a look in the mirror, you are no different than any of us, warts and all, you are no less annoying than I am, no less of a jerk than I can be, no better than Beanz or Lyle or Tito or Rich or Al or Memphis or anybody else on here, and it would be GREAT to have you on there for the next SaddoZoom4.
    Mate, I don’t have a problem with you, I really don’t . I think you talk shit and I think (know) you’re a liar.
    But I don’t have a problem with that, I’ll take out the bits I need to and leave the rest.
    Whether I want to waste my time on a Saturday night looking at your mug on a computer, well , nah.
    And I’m not alone , the numbers clearly prove that.
    You’ve had You, Beanz, Dia Bando , a Doctor, a Cremator and an IT/sound engineer/pirate (what the fuck is that about!!)
    Beanz and Dia are buddies, fine crack on. And although Beanz has the odd run in with people, he and Dia are sound. I’m sure people wouldn’t be against having a zoom meeting with them.
    So that leaves you. When people only know each other on a forum , if all they’ve got to go on is a guy is a bare faced liar, they don’t really want to have fucking Zoom meetings with them.
    It’s nothing to do with anxiety or nervousness or anything like that, it’s just that they don’t want to waste time talking to a bullshitter.
    The rest are too polite to tell you, but me , I’ll just tell the truth. Sorry.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate, I don’t have a problem with you, I really don’t . I think you talk shit and I think (know) you’re a liar.
    But I don’t have a problem with that, I’ll take out the bits I need to and leave the rest.
    Whether I want to waste my time on a Saturday night looking at your mug on a computer, well , nah.
    You’ve had You, Beanz, Dia Bando , a Doctor, a Cremator and an IT/sound engineer/pirate (what the fuck is that about!!)
    Beanz and Dia are buddies, fine crack on. And although Beanz has the odd run in with people, he and Dia are sound. I’m sure people wouldn’t be against having a zoom meeting with them.
    So that leaves you. When people only know each other on a forum , if all they’ve got to go on is a guy is a bare faced liar, they don’t really want to have fucking Zoom meetings with them.
    It’s nothing to do with anxiety or nervousness or anything like that, it’s just that they don’t want to waste time talking to a bullshitter.
    I can't help you Tony with your nastiness, I can only pray for you. You have serious problems and many of us grieve for you. I really don't have a problem with you at all. I just pity you. Deeply. And we will all pray that you see the light and join the Zoom Meeting THIS WEDNESDAY AUG. 19.

Be a man, grow up, stop lying, and join the Zoom. It is time for Primo Carnera to be his true self and to overcome his fears, anxieties and insecurities.

See you then, Primo lad. 7 p.m. sharp. Don't be late. I don't like giving out tardies or absences mate. Fucking hell you're a piece of work.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was the Samsung phone in the waiting room to join, but I coulnd't access my camera or microphone for enabling audio. I will try again for the one this Wednsday. Sorry, what theme if there is a theme was the last meeting on boxing, or? or can it be any topics?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post
    I was the Samsung phone in the waiting room to join, but I coulnd't access my camera or microphone for enabling audio. I will try again for the one this Wednsday. Sorry, what theme if there is a theme was the last meeting on boxing, or? or can it be any topics?
    Sorry bro, I tried to bring you in but you disconnected, I dont think it was on my end. Then I saw you re-try but I couldn't get you into the room. Does your phone have at the bottom left an icon that looks like a microphone or the words "Enable audio"?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Themes, well its a friendly, open discussion on life, current events, boxing, anything you wish. Looking forward to seeing you again. Do you have a laptop, because its much easier I think than a phone.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit man who's been twisting your bollocks strange reaction to a zoom meeting it's a bit of fun bullshitter call it a olive branch we can be a bit more civilized with each other.
    Remember from small acorns grow mighty oaks Primo your always welcome that goes for anyone else .!!!!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SaddoZoom4 - This Wednesday Aug. 19, at 7 P.M. UK Time which is 2 P.M. EST New York Time/Bahamas Time

1. go to zoom.us

Reminder to All: Meeting today August 19.

London time 7 p.m.
    New York time 2 p.m.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. go to zoom.us

Reminder to All: Meeting today August 19.

London time 7 p.m.
    New York time 2 p.m.
    Meeting IN PROGRESS NOW

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A great SaddoZoom4 today, thanks to the 6 participants. Was hoping for up to 20 but we'll take what we got! Let's shoot for 20 this coming Saturday, August 22.

Same time 7 p.m. UK time.

Going good so far, delightful to see some GOOD things technology can do!

Just a bit disappointing that Tony Carnera didn't attend. Oh, and we missed yk as well, and Beanz.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes a good chat about different topics very civilized .🙂👍

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A great SaddoZoom4 today, thanks to the 6 participants. Was hoping for up to 20 but we'll take what we got! Let's shoot for 20 this coming Saturday, August 22.

Same time 7 p.m. UK time.

Going good so far, delightful to see some GOOD things technology can do!

Just a bit disappointing that Tony Carnera didn't attend. Oh, and we missed yk as well, and Beanz.
    Ok, I’m back! Had a bit of a problem with my login etc. Won’t bore you all with the details. All sorted by the looks of it.
    So Brock, are you gonna enlighten us as to why you have posted my name as Tony Carnera twice on this page? You’ve been itching for me to ask you, so come on, let’s hear it. xxx

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nosavingbythebell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nosavingbythebell View Post
    saddozoom4 - this wednesday aug. 19, at 7 p.m. Uk time which is 2 p.m. Est new york time/bahamas time

1. Go to zoom.us

2. Top right corner click on join a meeting

3. Enter the meeting id and passcode below:

Meeting id: 590 235 3565
    securitypasscode: Cheras19

enable your audio and camera
    reminder to all: Meeting today august 22

london time 7 p.m.
    New york time 2 p.m.
    ***meeting starts 7 pm uk time today

Thread Information