Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default World Series of Darts

Ok, I know a lot of people hate the World Series of Poker on ESPN but at least they don't take themselves to seriously. I mean, Norman Chad and whoever he is with seems to know it's poker and while their is some excitement, the commentators are fairly subdued. Then I see commercials for the World Series of Darts. I think it's going to suck since their isn't the mental element in darts that there is in poker, it's just throwing darts at a board. These darts commentators ARE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. I swear to God, nonstop, SCREAMING. OOOOOHHHHH HE HIT THE DOUBLE 17 OOOOHHHH OHHH OHHHHHH MAYBE IF I SCREAM THIS WILL COME OFF AS SOMETHING MORE THEN A LEISURE ACTIVITY AT A DIVE BAR!! OOOOHHHHH!!!

Fucken annoying as all hell. Anyone else see this? I thought ESPN lost it with paintball (which I love to do by the way but it's not exactly a tv sport) but this is ridiculous. It it was ABC's Wide World of Sports I could understand but regular tv show? They could be showing more boxing instead of this shit. SHIT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Series of Darts

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Ok, I know a lot of people hate the World Series of Poker on ESPN but at least they don't take themselves to seriously. I mean, Norman Chad and whoever he is with seems to know it's poker and while their is some excitement, the commentators are fairly subdued. Then I see commercials for the World Series of Darts. I think it's going to suck since their isn't the mental element in darts that there is in poker, it's just throwing darts at a board. These darts commentators ARE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. I swear to God, nonstop, SCREAMING. OOOOOHHHHH HE HIT THE DOUBLE 17 OOOOHHHH OHHH OHHHHHH MAYBE IF I SCREAM THIS WILL COME OFF AS SOMETHING MORE THEN A LEISURE ACTIVITY AT A DIVE BAR!! OOOOHHHHH!!!

Fucken annoying as all hell. Anyone else see this? I thought ESPN lost it with paintball (which I love to do by the way but it's not exactly a tv sport) but this is ridiculous. It it was ABC's Wide World of Sports I could understand but regular tv show? They could be showing more boxing instead of this S***. S***.

Phil The Power Taylor, thats all i need to say, I Thankyou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

darts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

englands gonna get ya

c'mon power
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    darts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

englands gonna get ya

c'mon power
    Are darts seriosly big in England? Wow haha I really didn't know that. Guess I can expect that sadclick count to go up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darts is a game of tremendously accurate arrows and mathematical minds working overload.

not huge but every local has a dart board.

easier to become world series of poker winner than it is to win a sunday darts comp down the nuclear sub
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds
    Darts is a game of tremendously accurate arrows and mathematical minds working overload.

not huge but every local has a dart board.

easier to become world series of poker winner than it is to win a sunday darts comp down the nuclear sub
    No no I understand that and I have a dart board myself and play a fair bit. I have no qualms with the game itself. But how is it going to translate to tv? I couldn't imagine me watching more then 2 seconds of this stuff on tv, haven't ever before. And they have this guy SCREAMING. I mean...it's Darts. Do you really nead that? It's nonstop to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oneeeeeeee hundreeeeeeddddd anddd eeiiiiiggghhhttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

suprisinly a good watch.

get right into it.

we have the world championships on over here in december i think it is and you get addicted quite quickly
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SecondroundKO - I am with you on this one.

We lose our Empire, we have nowhere near the same number of world class boxers, our government is a joke, we give up our independence to Europe, we get knocked out of the world cup, we lose a cricket series to Sri Lanka (!).

So let's make darts a big sport, as nobody else plays it and we can be smug and pretend that we are the best in the world at something.

Even better, we can have lots of fat unfit fuckers with pikey 9 carat gold jewellry, slapperish wives and families, badly done tattoos, binger drinkers, mob rules motherfuckers and we can even then say that it is representative of what we have become.

The lowest common denominator rules.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information