Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Andre, is Australia really this starved of big fights?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre, is Australia really this starved of big fights?

Jermain Taylor vs Les Sherrington in Play For The Fall? - Boxing News

@Andre

Read the attached article. They're saying Les Sherrington may fight Jermain Taylor in Australia and they're not just putting Jermain's name about as propaganda as they've already proved they can bring the mega fights to Australia when they matched Sherrington with Yuri Boy Campas LAST YEAR. That is the 40 year old Campas who hasn't fought at the top level in years. Is that what passes for a mega fight in Australia nowadays?
    Last edited by bzkfn; 05-07-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre, is Australia really this starved of big fights?

You should have used the mentioned feature to get his attention
    @ Gomez
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ Charles Bronson
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uhm...It's broke
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Uhm...It's broke
    @Greenbeanz you don't leave a space between the '@' and the name.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Jermain Taylor vs Les Sherrington in Play For The Fall? - Boxing News

@Andre

Read the attached article. They're saying Les Sherrington may fight Jermain Taylor in Australia and they're not just putting Jermain's name about as propaganda as they've already proved they can bring the mega fights to Australia when they matched Sherrington with Yuri Boy Campas LAST YEAR. That is the 40 year old Campas who hasn't fought at the top level in years. Is that what passes for a mega fight in Australia nowadays?
    Yeah mate, we rely on you guys now,I would not go to a general fight night out here with interstate or local boys, Its full of want to be gangsters following around real ones and bike gang leaders. Not real fans at all they want to be seen there is all.

The real fights with the real boxing fans are the overseas ones since we have lost so many champs and top contenders over the past few years the pickings for a real day out are slim.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Uhm...It's broke
    @Greenbeanz you don't leave a space between the '@' and the name.
    I know, but I noticed when I did not, the feature actually works so well it summons a poster called Gomez and another called Charles. What is this trickery that summons people like magic?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yeah mate, we rely on you guys now,I would not go to a general fight night out here with interstate or local boys, Its full of want to be gangsters following around real ones and bike gang leaders. Not real fans at all they want to be seen there is all.

The real fights with the real boxing fans are the overseas ones since we have lost so many champs and top contenders over the past few years the pickings for a real day out are slim.
    This is actually really sad. I feel for you mate. I was always jealous of the Americans getting the big fights but maybe I should count my blessings for what we get.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am surprised at the poor PPV fights Australians have as well. It is a complete joke, no wonder no one watches it and it will not build up a big fan base either in the future.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sport a half of the so called fans are all about other Aussies until they start to lose a few bouts or matches,Look at Pat Cash, was a boxing fan, cheered ring side while winning Wimbeldon then boo'd by the boxing crowd once he started to loose (shows up their piss weak mentality). They boo other fighters into the ring too, even champs from over seas cause they just dont get why they are here. So its sad but its the world over, until we get someone up there winning the egos that only follow winners or follow one country they wont be paying out as much for ppv's so the sport dies back in popularity.

For the regular fan MMA isnt so country orientated they concentrate more on the man himself and his fight style, I think they get a broader fan base and more personal respect from the average crowd because of it .

It is smart of both mma and boxing to show local stuff for free and advertize the bigger world events during it, that may eventually help broaden the fan base some.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sport a half of the so called fans are all about other Aussies until they start to lose a few bouts or matches,Look at Pat Cash, was a boxing fan, cheered ring side while winning Wimbeldon then boo'd by the boxing crowd once he started to loose (shows up their piss weak mentality). They boo other fighters into the ring too, even champs from over seas cause they just dont get why they are here. So its sad but its the world over, until we get someone up there winning the egos that only follow winners or follow one country they wont be paying out as much for ppv's so the sport dies back in popularity.

For the regular fan MMA isnt so country orientated they concentrate more on the man himself and his fight style, I think they get a broader fan base and more personal respect from the average crowd because of it .

It is smart of both mma and boxing to show local stuff for free and advertize the bigger world events during it, that may eventually help broaden the fan base some.
    Like I said I feel for you. I don't think it helps when a guy like Brendan Smith tries to pass off Les Sherrington vs. a 40 year old Yuri Boy Campas as a mega fight. If he got Taylor over there is would be a decent name, but at this stage of his career it isn't bringing anything to Sherrington's record. It is insulting a real and a casual boxing fan's intellegance to pass these off as mega fights.
    Last edited by bzkfn; 05-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys need another Joe Bugner

to be fair boxing is suffering world wide take mayweather and pac, that fight not happening at the right time is a total crime on the fans IMHO and they lose interest because of crap like that ... saying all that I thought the cards where you got Kimbo Slice to come over was not a bad one especially because your guy nearly sparked him out.

Thread Information