Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frankie gavin ( special)

Ok I no he just fought lomax tonight but he must of landed 20 punches all fight on Gavin. His defence and movement is absolutely incredible. One thing he can improve is his power with some strength and conditioning work, but hey don't fix what isn't broken right. I truly believe we have special talent on our hands. I was thinking how do u beat a man like this, he must be so frustrating to fight. A legend in the making without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion. I really rate him that highly

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frankie gavin ( special)

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    Ok I no he just fought lomax tonight but he must of landed 20 punches all fight on Gavin. His defence and movement is absolutely incredible. One thing he can improve is his power with some strength and conditioning work, but hey don't fix what isn't broken right. I truly believe we have special talent on our hands. I was thinking how do u beat a man like this, he must be so frustrating to fight. A legend in the making without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion. I really rate him that highly
    Yeah, I'm not gunna go as highly as you have, but I've liked him from the beginning. He picks his shots well and his head movement is phenomenal. Lomax is a tall guy with decent reach but Gavin just took that away from him. Fantastic performance and I really enjoyed watching that fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to watch this fight. You guys are making him sound like Mike Tyson
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gavin Is special, so skillful but big lack of power. Was it a welterweight match? is Gavin really 5'10 he don't look it but hard to tell from tv i suppose. very sharp and accurate with his shots. i think Kell Brook would be far too powerful for him.

Can't say he'd be a legend far too early to tell but the potential is there. Lets not get carried away Lomax is a good solid fighter but Gavin is a former world amateur champ - already better pedigree than Lomax before he even turned pro i'd say. The likes of Lomax do not have a chance of beating gavin on skill or power. I said when watching the fight the only way Gavin will lose at this level is if the same thing happened as what happened with Haye vs Thompson. Get carried away and lose a fight through lack of pro experience lasting the longer distance - no signs of that tonight though.

Good performance can go a long way definitely needs to be fighting every 2-3 months though

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He might be good but he produces absolutely zero excitement for me. He just looks like a little, quite good looking kid, not a boxer. He;s got the sort of face that a gran would approve her for her grand daughter to date, I just don't see anything exciting or dramatic in him.

Him and Brook would be a good fight. I'm not going to say he won't be a top fighter, but for me if he manages to make it, it will be via a career of nondescript and instantly forgettable fights.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

his lack of power is a worry , but he is a nice box fighter

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget he went up a weight for the fight. That wasn't his usual weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    he looked quite sharp,great head moment and reflexes.He has sharpened up his tools since last time round.Lomax was never in the fight really,he could'nt get off quick enogh as Gavin.I like it when Gavin started switch hitting from southpaw to orthadox,very nice to see that from a young age.Gavin had the power to get Lomax out in round 4 when he closed in up close quarters.Gavin just waited and picked his shots perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably got a bit carried away with the becoming a legend part after a few brewskies last night but I think he's a real good talent, he can definately go all the way and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was at the fight last night and I would'nt go as far as saying he is gonna be Legend but last night he was sharp and focused. He did what he had to do against Lomax but I believe he will beat anyone in the country at light welter on the domestic scene.

Better opposition will bring out even more in him and he needs to be fighting regulary as he just is not active enough through injuries etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top 4 uk future world champs for me are:1)Kel Brook(liked him since he first came on the scene)2,James Degale(Very good and has the whole tools to go very far)3,Frankie Gavin(he's showing very good progress)4,John Murray(next Ricky Hatton no doubt).Future for great world champs from the uk looks very tasty.Just hope their keep active enough!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Top 4 uk future world champs for me are:1)Kel Brook(liked him since he first came on the scene)2,James Degale(Very good and has the whole tools to go very far)3,Frankie Gavin(he's showing very good progress)4,John Murray(next Ricky Hatton no doubt).Future for great world champs from the uk looks very tasty.Just hope their keep active enough!!

Nathan Cleverly too when he destroys Braehmer, which I expect him to do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

Swap Murray with Cleverly and you have a good list. Murray is not world class imo. He's the same level as Matthew Hatton, Matthew Macklin, Bradley Price etc.

Too one dimensional and just relies on being physically stronger than the mostly weak domestic opposition he has faced so far. The likes of Bradley and Khan would rip him apart imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah no direspect to murray but I think he gets found out up at world level

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a very good prospect ....... come on guys!

Top class amateur pedigree, he is slick, awkward and very experienced. Good good boxer. Has nearly all the moves and a really good grounded technique.

But he hasnt shown much power at all. Not exciting in the ring. A very good craftsman but still to find his own charisma.

Reminds me a bit of Richie Woodhall, which is not a bad thing to be (even though I beat him in the amateurs a long long time ago). Good boxer, but maybe not a fighter, which is waht sells Sky Box Office.

Good prospect, maybe one for the purists.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information