Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Swamp: Interesting view if you can stomach the whole 2 hours

Admittedly I just accidentally stumbled onto it. But being tired of the same ol' same ol' on TV news, I felt like watching something different. I caught it in the middle, actually. From the few takeaways I got from it, of course I reaffirmed my long held belief that Trump's promise to "drain the swamp" sounded good as a campaign promise..... but in reality he's done the exact opposite. Congress is as divided and dysfunctional as it's ever been... and about one of the few, true, sad sound bites to come out of the documentary was someone saying that it doesn't matter who wins the election. The system is broken.... and there doesn't seem to be anybody on the horizon who can do a damn thing about it.

One of the toughest things about having to watch the rest of the documentary was having to see and listen to mega doses of Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz. I would imagine Gaetz must have the lung capacity of a marathon swimmer just based on the amount of time he spends with his head crammed up Trump's ass. I'm not much on judging by looks..... but if I was going to draw a picture of a prototypical young Congressman Trump ass-kisser...... I would've drawn a picture of Matt Gaetz.

The Swamp..... before the predictable shots come in...... I thought took a look at both sides of the aisle. It wasn't strictly a Democrat wet dream nor did it hold back from looking at the reality from both sides.

But back to "draining the swamp."

For those of us who might be slightly unenlightened, I'd like to know how exactly the swamp has been drained. Seems to me the special interest groups and their lobbyists have more power and influence than ever. Wasn't that part of Trump's pack of false promises (just like a seasoned politician)?? Wasn't he going to diminish the power of the special interest groups and Super PACs once he became President? Also... shouldn't "draining the swamp" have resulted in a better, more efficient, less partisan Congress.... answering to the will of the people instead of just ratcheting up the hatred across both sides of the aisle??

Lot of talk in the documentary toward the end about how the electorate is the power behind Congress and how it's the people who hold Congresspeople accountable for their actions. Really?

Frankly I'm pretty tired of hearing about the electorate. The people are just as much or more fucking divided than Congress is....... and that's no easy feat.

So Trump has succeeded in one thing. He's turned the U.S. into a simmering pot of hatred between pro-Trumpers and anti-Trumpers. The middle ground has all but disappeared.

Oh... oh.... here's another "swamp thing" that has flourished under Trump. Now more than ever, vindictiveness is alive and well between Trump and Congress.

You feel in your heart that you have to disagree with Trump on ONE thing and you can't vote along party lines?

Welllllll................. get ready to get FUCKED. 'Cause Trump will make sure you get your ass primaried off the party (or worse).

Frank Underwood from House of Cards has nothing on this fucking clown.

The best thing Biden has going for him is.................. he's not Trump.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Swamp: Interesting view if you can stomach the whole 2 hours

I may give it a glimpse and see if they captured history accurately, as it his a mess to uncover.
    IMO- He's drained his own swamp.

Interesting comparisons of Clinton cronies that got indicted/arrested was because they all became the 'fall-guy' took the hit for the Clinton syndicate mob-style family
    With Trump it is irrelevant of indictments under his era so far. All he has to say is I don't know them and it dies there. None are the fall guy- somehow an innocent Drumpf always finds himself surrounded by crooked folk-to no fault of his.

Rick Gates headed Trump’s inaugural committee. He pleaded guilty in February 2018 to conspiracy and lying to FBI agents and prosecutors. AKA draining his own swamp.

Konstantin Kilimnik Russian spy who worked with Manafort and Gates in Kiev. He was indicted in June 2018 on charges of conspiracy to obstruct justice. AKA draining his own swamp.

George Papadopoulos- foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, pleaded guilty in October 2017 to lying to FBI agents. He served 14 days in prison. AKA draining his own swamp.

Alex van der Zwaan -Dutch attorney pleaded guilty in February 2018 to lying to FBI agents He served 30 days in prison and was fined $20,000. AKA draining his own swamp.

Richard Pinedo-pleaded guilty in February 2018 to identity fraud for trading in bank account numbers from stolen identities that were then used by the Russians. Pinedo was sentenced to six months in prison and ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. AKA draining his own swamp.

Internet Research Agency
    Thirteen Russian nationals and three entities, including the Internet Research Agency, were indicted in February 2018 with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. for interfering with the election. Three were charged with conspiracy to commit wire and bank fraud. Five were charged with aggravated identity theft.

His own damn attorney is thrown to the wolves, no pardon, nothing. Michael Cohen served Drumpf for years, yet somehow Donnie Darko never knew how corrupt his own personal lawyer was.
    In 2018, Republicans held majority in HOuse & Senate, meaning they ran the Executive Branch, Legislative and Judicial, so Democrats weren't running any of these investigations.

Recent example Steve Bannon & crew for alleged millions on the build the wall.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ste...-doj-announces
    Steve Bannon, 'We Build the Wall' organizers arrested, charged with defrauding donors- Public statements that 100% of the money would be put toward the wall were false, prosecutors say

Former head of Trump's voter fraud commission Kris Kobach served on We Build the Wall's board
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

But Drumpf doesn't know anything about it.

Homeland Security chief Chad Wolf visited to privately funded border wall
    https://news.yahoo.com/acting-homela...223803492.html

“They wanted to see what we built, they wanted to inspect it,” Brian Kolfage, founder and president of We Build the Wall, launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for President Trump’s border wall,

Board members include Steve Bannon, Blackwater USA founder Erik Prince and Kris Kobach,

when you’re talking about a border wall system, you have to do that in close connection with CBP [U.S. Customs and Border Protection], the Army Corps of Engineers

They LOVED Robert Mueller when he came in to serve & the vote by Republicans all unanimous in bringing him on. And within a year- they can't stand him. Now he is a democratic operative- And this was like 3 weeks before they applauded him for reopening the Clinton email-gate a month before election. In this 2+ minute clip the Trump supporters cheering, applauding Mueller & the FBI!!!!

& in the process of looking for Clinton dirt, they ran into names like Cohen, the lawyer for Drumpf...and when Mueller did his job and followed the trail...now Drumpf & his supporters loathe the FBI and Mueller. Wrong swamp to drain, Drumpf?

FOX UNFAIR & IMBLANCED played to the hate of their viewers by calling Russian Spy natalia veselnitskaya ( a lawyer). Their deceitful headlines spun it this way:
    Report: Russian lawyer at Trump Tower worked with government
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/report...ith-government

Here is what they stated in their article: Veselnitskaya is a well-connected Moscow lawyer, but the extent of her government ties has been unclear.
    A year later FOX was forced to call her what she really was: A spy for Russia
    Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya charged with obstruction of justice in US court

(this was the chick that met with Donnie Darko Jr at Trump Towers on supposed dirt on Hillary- and again, Donnie Darko Sr tells his worshippers- he had no idea that his son was at his Tower talking with a Russian lawyer/spy for Kremlin.

How can a person claim to drain a swamp by watching his own team investigate issues he loathes? Claim he would not be held to special interest groups -because he will self fund his campaign, then turns around & brags about how much he has raised from special campaigns? It is simple when his voters don't care what he said the day before.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-24-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Swamp: Interesting view if you can stomach the whole 2 hours

Hard to drain a swamp when he claimed his perfect memory doesn't account for all those charged- to which he replies I never met them or I don't know.

"i have one of the greatest memories of all time."

I don't know Ann Coulter (when she said she wouldnt vote for him again since he lied on building a wall & waited for Democrats to take Congress for him to THEN ask for funding)
    I don't know know Papadopoulos (after he gest indicted)
    I don't know George Conway (Yet wrote him a letter and praised his expertise-UNTIL he started speaking the truth on Drumpf

I know nothing about wikileaks
    I love wikileaks

when the swamp reveals itself, he doesn't know.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information