39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Canelo rescues his bloated and tainted legacy on the back of an aging old man who knows he has to knock out his opponent to win. This totally changes his strategy, and could lead to himself getting knocked out, since I doubt the titanium in Canelo's chin will have expired by then. Meanwhile the split only gets worse, to add insult to injury. Oh what the hell.....let's do it again.
    I know where you're coming from, but how many big paydays does GGG have left? Canelo makes him the most money, he arguably defeated Canelo twice, even after some have mentioned he has slipped.

I'd love GGG to say screw it and go on a rampage against the likes of the Jacobs/ Devey winner, Saunders and Jermall, but he needs to look out for his family and health at the end of the day, and a 3rd Canelo fight should set that all up nicely. And hey there's nothing like revenge for motivation. Especially in GGG's case to this point.

GGG has a few quality fights left in him, he is still competing and arguably beating the younger guys in the division.

For me Canelo redeemed himself big time, he put on a hell of a performance against a division elite and a p4p guy, showed he has an amazing chin, and showed he is trouble for anyone in the division, he also tested clean (so far). What the judges, promoters etc do, can't all be put on Canelo, he's a fighter, he got in that ring and fought. And he fought well.

I hear ya, Alpha. But honestly..... how much of the purse for Canelo - GGG III do you think Fishnets is going to give him?

He caved to a 55-45 split off a drug suspension, suspicious draw in their first fight, and GGG still with the belts...... when he really wanted 70-30.

How much do you think he'd offer GGG now?

Yeah, Canelo redeemed himself somewhat. But let him fight other big, young guns in the division while remaining clean before we let him entirely off the hook.
    It will still be bigger than if GGG fought anyone else.

We got 2 top fighters, who gave it their all and basically fought to a standstill. Who doesn't want to see that fight again? GGG's not getting any younger, the sooner the better for him. Canelo is ever improving and could silence the doubters with a convincing victory. With all the build up so far, fights 1 & 2, I think Canelo/ GGG III is a huge fight next May.

And to Ron, I think everyone acknowledges it was an excellent fight. But I'm fine with those who want to question and discuss the decision. Most feel there were enough close rounds that it could have gone either way. What better place to discuss it than here? We all love boxing, it's our passion, we get passionate about fights and fighters. It's what we do.
    Discussion is great. Attempting to change the narrative is the problem. If you(don’t mean you by you) say it isn’t a robbery then say GGG needs a knockout to get a decision you are being a snake in the grass. I get some hate Canelo to no end. But people should be real, it was a very close fight and it was scored as a very close fight. Both men raised their profiles and some are upset about that.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So much ado about jabs vs. power shots, as if jabs were the only thing GGG connected with. Watch the fight again. GGG totally ROCKED Canelo in the later rounds. Only Canelo's granite chin kept him from going down. GGG dominated the first few rounds jabbing from the outside, seemed to be a bit gassed toward the middle, then showed his true grit and rocked Canelo again and again with uppers and power shots. Canelo fans obviously will cling to the body shots of Canelo like drowning people to a lifebuoy, while ignoring the pounding GGG put on Canelo especially in the last part of the fight.

Again... Canelo fans think Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won. Every single survey being done bears it out. Simple as that.
    You’re just a fan right? Not someone who hates Canelo right? Neutral and impartial right?
    bwaaaaHAHAHA 😂 😂😂 😂😂 😂😂 😂
    Nothing "tainted" here, move along.....
    @ronSwanson that’s my boy Tito aka tits u r talking to. I dislike Canelo, I had GGG up by two rounds but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was a draw. I was shocked Canelo lost the first fight but I can’t say this was a robbery, it’s seems all the boxing social media sites are putting up similar percentages we are here. So yes, we Canelo haters can be rational. Bottom line my boy MR Swanson, please cool your jets when responding to my pal @TitoFan aka tits. Thanks for you cooperation on this matter @Ron Swanson
    Last edited by walrus; 09-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well thank god you came to my rescue Walrus, as I was all out of answers. Phew!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don’t mention it tits. It had nothing to do with me thinking u couldn’t handle things I just like to stay on top when I see a valued human such as yourself being talked down to, u know, all condescending and what not. I think I got it ironed now, me an Ron are tight, he probably didn’t know you are in my crew.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hdlgfp

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two of the best boxers in the world will collide in a rematch tomorrow night (Sat., Sept. 15, 201 live on HBO pay-per-view (PPV) from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, as Gennady Golovkin puts his WBA (Super), WBC, and IBO middleweight titles on the line against Canelo Alvarez.

Such a big super fight calls for even greater salaries, and that’s exactly what GGG and Canelo will get for their highly-anticipated rematch. According to Yahoo’s Kevin Iole, Canelo will bank an absurd $5 million to step inside of the ring this weekend in Las Vegas, while Golovkin, who is the undefeated fighter defending three titles, will bring in a $4 million purse.

Looks like they both did

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/9/14/1...ppv-hbo-boxing

The article goes further into the split on merchandise etc
    Last edited by walrus; 09-18-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Don’t mention it tits. It had nothing to do with me thinking u couldn’t handle things I just like to stay on top when I see a valued human such as yourself being talked down to, u know, all condescending and what not. I think I got it ironed now, me an Ron are tight, he probably didn’t know you are in my crew.

That's why I pay you the big bucks.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

💗👗👗👗👙👙👙👚👚👚👜👜🠑œðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ 

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A third fight between the two just prolongs the middleweight division being held hostage. Canelo did great in the fight. Kudos to him. He now needs to prove that he is the best middleweight by beating other fighters. He has technically beaten GGG once, but IMO I had the Jacobs fight closer than either of the Canelo fights.

I understand that GGG is old and doesn’t have much time left so I understand his want for a third fight. He just wants to keep the big bucks coming. His legacy is basically what it is at this point. He sees no reason risking losing to another top middleweight who isn’t near as a draw as Canelo. They fight again, I will for sure watch, but GGG starts to become a bit irrelevant to me because he is proving that he cares more about cashing out than fighting the best.

I respect what Canelo does in the ring, but if he fights GGG again, he proves that he just wants no part of the other top middleweights because he can make a ton of money whoever he fights. Therefore, I lose respect for both fighters.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, Powerpuncher. This was why I was against this rematch all along. I get that GGG has a family to feed, but at the end of the day he is not exactly taking home 50,000 dollars a year by going after the other big fish in the pond. It is still substantial money and in his home country it is huge money. He had already beaten Canelo. Now what has happened? Yes, he has even more money, but he now has a loss, has wasted a year, and is that bit closer to the end. It could have been a career finishing with acclaim by fighting the best, but instead he let himself become a sacrificial lamb. Everyone knew that it would be the same/worse going to the cards. He knew that too. GGG was a fighter fighting 3 times a year and now he is an older one reducing his ability to work at the calling of a bunch of corrupt slime bags.

Money is useful and great, but how much do you really need? It's a rather bitter ending to a career if it is indeed heading towards the end.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is a lucky guy. A positive for peds can ruin someone, now he is wearing a belt. Bullshit on the tainted meat thing. They prob used that particular drug as they would have a cover story in place. I’ve done 1,000’s of drug tests on people, they would start saying well I took drug A which can make metabolites for drug B and A wasn’t illegal so I’m ok. Yeah Canelo, meat. Nice to know u don’t give a shit about your opponents life, being on top feels that good

El Kabong Guest

Watching right meow

El Kabong Guest

Round 1: GGG better jab, owned the ring, landed more and more cleanly

El Kabong Guest

R2: Canelo landing better controlling pace of the fight

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested to see where your card goes Kabong

Thread Information