User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Beaten Hunter to step up a weight

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Beaten Hunter to step up a weight

Michael Hunter insisted Friday's world title defeat was little more than a blip and that he would be back in action as a featherweight soon.

Hunter, 28, was knocked out by Canada's Steve Molitor in the fifth round of Friday's IBF super bantamweight clash.

Hunter told BBC Sport: "I did myself proud and it's not the end of me.

"I'm going to step up a weight. It's been on the cards. There's plenty of featherweights out there who like a good tear-up."

Hunter's trainer Neil Fannon said his charge had been struggling to make the 122lb limit since claiming the British, European and Commonwealth belts from Esham Pickering last year.

"It's been a little bit of a grind over the last 12 months," said Fannon.

"He's developed into a lot harder hitter and a stronger fighter but he's been finding it hard to make the weight. He'll make a better featherweight."

The defeat by slick southpaw Molitor was Hunter's first in 28 professional encounters but he could find himself back in title contention within two or three fights.

Manchester's Andy Morris is the British champion and defends his title against Greenock's John Simpson on 9 December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beaten Hunter to step up a weight

yeah that sound about right. i have no idea how he even makes the super bantam limit anyway.

Thread Information