Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abner Mares vs. Anselmo Moreno on Showtime Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've never been greatly impressed with Mares, but he has hit a stride and did well in Agbeko rematch after landing 101 low blows and being out boxed in spots in first fight. I think Moreno stays frosty and mobile and will out box him over 12 for the win. Real good to see Santa Cruz keep this busy pace and have come to like this guy alot, outstanding workrate!

This one is going head to head with the HBO Martirosyan v Lara card which is quality in itself. I think Lara will get all he can handle and more. Great night of fisticuffs!
    And don't forget about Wlady vs the polish bigfoot on in the afternoon Saturday. You might need a 30 pk. to cover all these fights with @Spicoli.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a really good fight, I do expect to see Moreno outbox Mares by a decent margin and I'm looking forward to it. Have to expect that if it's at all close Mares will get the win, I'm hoping for a fair shout for Moreno and would wouldn't be surprised if he makes it wide enough to leave no doubt.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    This is a really good fight, I do expect to see Moreno outbox Mares by a decent margin and I'm looking forward to it. Have to expect that if it's at all close Mares will get the win, I'm hoping for a fair shout for Moreno and would wouldn't be surprised if he makes it wide enough to leave no doubt.
    If I was a betting man that's how I would bet also. I have this feeling that Mares will taste the canvas from a perfectly timed left uppercut. Moreno is a slick southpaw and one hell of a counter puncher. Leonard demanded a 24 foot ring to fight Duran. I hope Mares got the 18 foot for this fight and would settle for 20. I like Abner and am good friends with Frankie Espinoza Jr and I think Little Abner can pull it out and I am fully aware that it may be controversial.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Good assesment of the fight. Honestly tho Mares is extremely talented and I've loved watching him box since he was overwhelming guys in 4 rounders.

So Mare's conventional boxing skills, youth and speed could prevail.

Moreno is as slick of boxer as anyone in the game right now, wiley and pretty damn unorthodox.

But, we'll see how he gets around the ring after Mares connects with a half dozen good nuts shots !

Seriously tho, this is a pick em fight I think, with a slight edge maybe going to Moreno as he is really hard to prepare for he's so damn clever in there.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are the odds on this fight? I'm just curious whom the boxing experts in Vegas are picking.

Something to consider: in the last five fights in which Moreno has gone to the cards, 4/5 were won by split decision. In reverse order:

Volodymyr Sydorenko - Glenn Feldman 115-113 | judge: Manuel Maritxalar 113-115 | judge: Mikael Hook 115-113

Mahyar Monshipour - judge: Erkki Meronen 113-115 | judge: Nelson Vazquez 116-113 | judge: Stanley Christodoulou 116-112

Nehomar Cermeno - Uriel Aguilera 114-113 | judge: Levi Martinez 112-115 | judge: Nelson Vazquez 115-112

Nehomar Cermeno - Russell Mora 117-112 | judge: Tom Miller 115-113 | judge: John Poturaj 113-115

Vic Darchinyan - James Jen-Kin 116-111 | judge: Steve English 117-110 | judge: Jose Cobian 120-107

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point @Rantcatrat, and the fight being in California does not favor the Panamanian Moreno, in order for him to win, he needs to dominate the fight, which he just might do.

WatchOnline Guest

Good

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post
    Nice line up, I've been working like mad so this will be the first fight card I will be able to enjoy in a while. I like Santa Cruz's offense but it will be interesting to see how he develops defensively. My gut says Moreno is going to box Mares' ears off and somehow lose a decision.
    Moreno is slick, and Mares will have his hands full, but he's a tough kid and to his credit, will fight anybody. Neither pug has much power so it will likely go to the judges and will be a tough one to score.
    I'll go with Abner to eek out the decision, by something like 115-113.
    It's a close one to call Mar's, it's should be a good fight I'm 50/50 on this one I don't think I will put
    a bet on the outcome.!
    Last edited by Dia bando; 11-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abner Mares vs. Anselmo Moreno Saturday night fight/chat thread

this card on Showtime starts tonight @10:00 PM ET in North America, and @3:00 AM Sunday morning for you night owls in the UK/Europe.

At Los Angeles (Showtime): Abner Mares vs. Anselmo Moreno, 12 rounds, for Mares' WBC junior featherweight title; Leo Santa Cruz vs. Victor Zaleta, 12 rounds, for Santa Cruz's IBF bantamweight title; Alfredo Angulo vs. Raul Casarez, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Nathan Cleverly vs. Shawn Hawk, 12 rounds, for Cleverly's WBO light heavyweight title.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any chance we can get a Sticky on this one ?

Waiting of HBO but Showtime has kicked off, now showing Cleverly vs Hawk who I believe is a late sub (?) and well in over his head but landing some right hands early.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cleverly against Cloud would be a hell of a fight. Cleverly definitely not anything special.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cleverly is going to stop Hawk. 3rd is starting and Hawk can't take the
    pressure. Hawk is game but is being out worked.
    Six rounds: Cleverly 60
    Hawk. 54

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still see Cleverly as tons of sizzle but yet to show much steak, but this ref is being too brave with Hawks well being after that round. Two different classes

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hawk down twice in 7th, and is down again in the 8th and the referee stops it. Hawk was a sub with two weeks notice and was an easy nite for Cleverly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Escobar vs Orozco is turning into a real action fight, the Hispanic fighters always come to fight. Not really scoring this one, too much fun watching. Orozco is ahead after 4.

Thread Information