Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If (gasp) Junior beats Martinez fair and square... who will be here to gloat?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If (gasp) Junior beats Martinez fair and square... who will be here to gloat?

Besides the usual suspects, I mean (you know who you are).
    Who will be here to say "I told you so"?
    (One of those, who I haven't seen here lately, is VD. He'll be here at 5 am next morning.)

And a follow-up question...... will you also be here if Junior gets his ass handed to him?
    Just checking.

Before the question is asked of me.... I'll be here regardless.
    (I might be a little late, 'cause my family's staying over... but will be here nonetheless).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way I'd gloat, I like them both! I'm thinking Martinez inside of seven but anything can happen in the ring.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If (gasp) Junior beats Martinez fair and square... who will be here to gloat?

Junior beats Martinez fair and square..
    Bit of an oxymoron my friend

A few concerns with the fight.

1-Hbo leans with the new superstars real or fabricated.
    2-Byrd is a judge. Quite possibly the worst judge in the history of the sport.
    3-Moretti is a judge. Bit of a WBC lemming.

Weeks is a little hot and cold as a ref but I think he's at least a decent pick.

Ps- Cotto is attending the Alvarez fight and rumour has it looking to secure a fight in May should he also beat Trout. Told you so lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If (gasp) Junior beats Martinez fair and square... who will be here to gloat?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Besides the usual suspects, I mean (you know who you are).
    Who will be here to say "I told you so"?
    (One of those, who I haven't seen here lately, is VD. He'll be here at 5 am next morning.)

And a follow-up question...... will you also be here if Junior gets his ass handed to him?
    Just checking.

Before the question is asked of me.... I'll be here regardless.
    (I might be a little late, 'cause my family's staying over... but will be here nonetheless).
    Still here. And expecting a Chavez victory.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair is fair, lets see how it plays out. The word of the night for me will be "unofficial" weight. Geico caveman Chavez had to be pushing Cruiser vs Rubio. He has a bullying style that can knock Martinez off stride and force exchanges big time. The contrast will be huge so I can see diverse cards. Count on a boo or two, point deduct, and both cut before its all said and done I think.

Martinez weathers early and body holds up, gets off the floor, solves Chavez simple simon no defense approach and takes it late or on cards.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I try my best to give every fighter my respect and adulation if they would win. That being said and at the risk of sounding dramatic, I would die a little on the inside if Chavez jr wins.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Junior wins fair and square then we all have to hold up our hands and say well done you have finally proven yourself without any doubt. Now you need to defend the title and create a legacy of your own in your own right.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez winning won’t be enough. Just like any guy that people hate you know it’s not over until he faces X guy and if he beats that guy “Well, it ain’t nothing until he really faces this other guy X…”

I am rooting for Chavez but I see Martinez winning. If Chavez wins I hope there is nothing shady behind that victory.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Lee said that punching JCC was like punching iron, he said his punches had no effect. He also said that he was sure the guy was juiced.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Junior beats Martinez fair and square..
    Bit of an oxymoron my friend

You're absolutely right. WTF was I thinking.....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior beating Martinez fair and square is the last thing I expect to see, if he wins you can bet something will stink.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Chavez winning won’t be enough. Just like any guy that people hate you know it’s not over until he faces X guy and if he beats that guy “Well, it ain’t nothing until he really faces this other guy X…”

I am rooting for Chavez but I see Martinez winning. If Chavez wins I hope there is nothing shady behind that victory.
    Chavez can drop Martinez 2 or 3 times. Beat on him all night to where Martinez barely makes it through 12 and they'll still say Chavez got a gift. He can make Martinez break dance like Tszyu did Judah and they'll say it was a bad stoppage. No matter what this fight will have controversy

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Andy Lee said that punching JCC was like punching iron, he said his punches had no effect. He also said that he was sure the guy was juiced.
    Makes me think they'll give Junior a PED a few hours before the fight and then he'll slip out after the fight before they can test him. BTW, Freddie Roach won't have anything to do with it, Chavez will get the dope from his Dr or another team member.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 09-14-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post

Chavez can drop Martinez 2 or 3 times. Beat on him all night to where Martinez barely makes it through 12 and they'll still say Chavez got a gift. He can make Martinez break dance like Tszyu did Judah and they'll say it was a bad stoppage. No matter what this fight will have controversy

And then Junior will wake up..... realize it was just a dream..... and proceed to walk into the ring, where he'll get his coddled ass reamed by the real pro in the ring..... Martinez.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If Junior wins fair and square then we all have to hold up our hands and say well done you have finally proven yourself without any doubt. Now you need to defend the title and create a legacy of your own in your own right.
    The master is right this time, a champions work is never done!

Thread Information