Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac vs Horn..do we care?

Even though I thought Pac won I'm most bothered by the punch stats. The suggestion Horn only landed 92 punches is absurd. That's not even close. That's less than 8 punches per round. It doesn't reflect the fight at all.

This was not a good defensive fight by either. It was a clumsy slug it out war. The punch stats should reflect that.

Because these numbers and the scores are wrong instead of talking about a clumsy exciting battle we are talking about punch stats and robbery.

The night should have ended with Pac having his hand raised and later saying in the press conference he doesn't really have it anymore and he will retire. Then people interested in fighting the best could fight for that belt.

A rematch doesn't do anything for saying who is the best at 147. That's what championship fights should be about, who is the best. Not a lifetime achievement award, not an award for effort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Even though I thought Pac won I'm most bothered by the punch stats. The suggestion Horn only landed 92 punches is absurd. That's not even close. That's less than 8 punches per round. It doesn't reflect the fight at all.

This was not a good defensive fight by either. It was a clumsy slug it out war. The punch stats should reflect that.

Because these numbers and the scores are wrong instead of talking about a clumsy exciting battle we are talking about punch stats and robbery.

The night should have ended with Pac having his hand raised and later saying in the press conference he doesn't really have it anymore and he will retire. Then people interested in fighting the best could fight for that belt.

A rematch doesn't do anything for saying who is the best at 147. That's what championship fights should be about, who is the best. Not a lifetime achievement award, not an award for effort.
    I don't believe those punch stats at all, totally absurd count and wrong IMO.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It had excitement but it was a clumsy awkward fight and PAC was a bit hesitant. No point for a rematch but that's up to money not us. It's strange though my top two boxing heroes, Manny, fighting like this with this result and this farce of my buy Floyd doing Connor it's just hard for me to fathom. My coworker was cool, he saw I was upset and did not ride me in anyway. I'm gonna thank him for that cause he could have made my life much more painful. It's sad this era of boxing 🥊 is coming to a close. Floyd and manny gave us some great great enjoyment I wish I could give them both a big hug

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone know what horn and manny weighed in the ring. I know the weigh in but I don't know weights at the fight .

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For what it's worth I had Horn winning, he faded big time towards the end and the old Manny would have stopped him relatively easy.

It was a close fight and one that was always going to draw criticism, Manny gets the decision and they have gone with the champ/legend, Horn wins and it's a typical loaded score card in the favour of the hone fighter.

I actually liked the way Buncey had a big rant about the pactards after the fight, the Pac fans were hurting and were not happy with the decision but a robbery it was not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny thing is even those youtube channels that are legitimate Pacquiao haters are in unison that this was a robbery. I guess we can draw conclusion with that, they have no dog in that fight. I also am curious how much the fighters weighed at fight night. Horn looked like a junior middleweight standing next to Pac and yet. PAC almost stopped him in the 9th. Its hard to hate on Horn though, seems like a amiable and humble guy, compared to most fighters, i wish him the best.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Funny thing is even those youtube channels that are legitimate Pacquiao haters are in unison that this was a robbery. I guess we can draw conclusion with that, they have no dog in that fight. I also am curious how much the fighters weighed at fight night. Horn looked like a junior middleweight standing next to Pac and yet. PAC almost stopped him in the 9th. Its hard to hate on Horn though, seems like a amiable and humble guy, compared to most fighters, i wish him the best.
    Only thing with Horn that annoyed me was the walking stick/gloves thing, fucks sake mate, you have just beat someone who is clearly well past their prime and you are calling out someone who is clearly having their last fight (albeit a joke of a fight but the cunt is getting $100+ mill from it) why not beat the other guys in the division before coming out with that sort of shite.

I still think it is tough on Horn to call it a robbery though, I don't know what the actual score cards were but if they were close I don't see how anyone can have any complaints.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Only thing with Horn that annoyed me was the walking stick/gloves thing, fucks sake mate, you have just beat someone who is clearly well past their prime and you are calling out someone who is clearly having their last fight (albeit a joke of a fight but the cunt is getting $100+ mill from it) why not beat the other guys in the division before coming out with that sort of shite.

I still think it is tough on Horn to call it a robbery though, I don't know what the actual score cards were but if they were close I don't see how anyone can have any complaints.
    I had it 7 to 5 for Pac and that is being generous to Horn for the 2 really close rounds I gave to him. So considering round 9 was a 8-10 round that makes it a 9 to 3 round for Pac. At least from a Pactard like me.
    I'm going to have to watch the fight again because I definitely had it a hell of a lot closer than that and I was definitely swinging towards Horn, granted I may have (unknowingly) scored it whilst judging Pac on his former status but maybe the pactards were judging through rose tinted glasses.

I've always loved pac as a fighter so I'd like to think I was neutral but we all know that it is easy to be swung by the commentary and I was watching on BoxNation who also had Horn as winning.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 7 to 5 for Pac and that is being generous to Horn for the 2 really close rounds I gave to him. So considering round 9 was a 8-10 round that makes it a 9 to 3 round for Pac. At least from a Pactard like me.
    I'm going to have to watch the fight again because I definitely had it a hell of a lot closer than that and I was definitely swinging towards Horn, granted I may have (unknowingly) scored it whilst judging Pac on his former status but maybe the pactards were judging through rose tinted glasses.

I've always loved pac as a fighter so I'd like to think I was neutral but we all know that it is easy to be swung by the commentary and I was watching on BoxNation who also had Horn as winning.
    Did you stay up to watch the fight?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Did you stay up to watch the fight?
    Nah, it wasn't worth killing myself for, I only had a few hours kip the night before so I thought it was best that I got my head down.
    Saying that I always get up with the sun so I was awake at 5:30 and I watched it then so I was only a few hours behind.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    To answer no, to answer your next question Bob recently said "Pacquiao vs Thurman does bad numbers, maybe Ponomarov next"Yes, they are really considering going from unproven Horn to unproven Ponomarov. Because, you know, blacks vs Philippinos don't sell.
    Bob is beyond defending. I actually think Pacquiao would perform better with a challenge like Thurman. Spence at this stage in his career would be too much for him but I could see Thurman getting sparked or out gunned.
    I wouldn't put a penny either way. I could see Pac getting Thurman hesitant and taking him apart. Or Thurman setting a trap(one aspect I think Thurman is very good at) and stopping Pac. I'd love to see the matchup.
    After last night I would have confidence in Thurman and have no interest in seeing Pac/Thurman

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Batman;1437459]

That isn't how scoring works

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Ron Swanson;1437466]

maths has never been my strong point but I think what he meant is that he scored it 115/113 but if you give a 10/8 round then it was 116/112

I could be massively wrong with that I don't know, maybe he wasn't saying that at all and maybe my maths is off massively, I don't know

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Batman;1437467]

maths has never been my strong point but I think what he meant is that he scored it 115/113 but if you give a 10/8 round then it was 116/112

I could be massively wrong with that I don't know, maybe he wasn't saying that at all and maybe my maths is off massively, I don't know
    if it's a 10-8 round it would be 115-112 instead of 113... pacman wouldnt gain an extra point horn just loses one..

anyway I think i need to watch it again too, i didnt see it as controversial in anyway, I think compu box can be pretty bad at counting body punches which is what horn did a lot of, or maybe I am even worse at counting them, I really cant believe the punch stats.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't stick around long enough after the fight to hear Horn call out Floyd, but I can't imagine myself being the guy holding the mic, and being able to stifle a laugh (I'd be a terrible interviewer) upon hearing that. Unheard of Horn ekes out a win over a clearly aged and undersized Pacquiao, albeit with the help of a few horrific (albeit accidental) headbutts..... and all of a sudden he's worthy of a mega-payday against Floyd.

I know Floyd may be tempted to add # 51 after he grabs his tainted victory over the MMA guy...... but Horn??
    No money...... no marketability...... no sense.

Wake up from that wet dream there, Jeff.

Thread Information