Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 237 of 311 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

So just to explain a bit about 'The Keepers' in case anyone has seen it pop up on Netflix and doesn't know what it's about or anyone who might be interested in it....

I'm 2 whole episodes in so this being a documentary the plot could take a few more twists and turns (I wholeheartedly expect it to be honest).

So these 2 Priests at this Catholic High School abused their students and apparently they had the police involved as abusers of their students as well and 1 nun was going to alert the authorities and she was murdered.

Fucking craaaaaaazytown shit

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@El Kabong have you watched The Sinner on Netflix yet? its about some bird (Jessica biel) who just goes postal and stabs some poor dude to death on a beach.

She claims that she has no idea why she done it, she'd never met the bloke, police are pleased to be able to just put it on her and send her down but there is one copper (who just so happens to be a former president who saved the world from an alien attack) believes that there is more to the story than she is letting on.

I'm 5 episodes in, its pretty good, maybe not as good as it could have been (I think it has been a bit overshadowed by MindHunter and Stranger Things 2, I mean they are two pretty big series to follow up with)

Worth a watch I'd say.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Sinner's not bad, feel sorry for the sister, the guy who got stab was just trying to help. Nice twist at the end. Like Mindhunter as well.

Watch Blade of the immortal. Pretty good samurai movie based on manga. Lots of sword fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on @Alpha sort the spoiler out mate.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Sorry mate, I kind of picked up on it half way through. Just keep an eye out for that guy hiding in the helicopter. Going to check out Keepers.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sorry mate, I kind of picked up on it half way through. Just keep an eye out for that guy hiding in the helicopter. Going to check out Keepers.
    I do not mind spoilers as it saves me £7 and not go to the cinema.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

@El Kabong have you watched The Sinner on Netflix yet? its about some bird (Jessica biel) who just goes postal and stabs some poor dude to death on a beach.

She claims that she has no idea why she done it, she'd never met the bloke, police are pleased to be able to just put it on her and send her down but there is one copper (who just so happens to be a former president who saved the world from an alien attack) believes that there is more to the story than she is letting on.

I'm 5 episodes in, its pretty good, maybe not as good as it could have been (I think it has been a bit overshadowed by MindHunter and Stranger Things 2, I mean they are two pretty big series to follow up with)

Worth a watch I'd say.
    Hmmm I had not seen nor heard about that one, I may have to check it out.

Mindhunter was fucking epic in the first season I hope the second season is just as good. Stranger Things has yet to disappoint as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well be careful with 'The Keepers' it is dark and it is infuriating like I said the Catholic Church never fails to disappoint. 'The Keepers' has a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes if that gives you any idea as to how well it's done.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-15-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@El Kabong I've just finished the sinner, you should definitely give it a go, I reckon you'd like it.

I just hope they keep it as a stand alone series rather than trying to push for a 2nd series, you can tell from the very first episode that 1 series is all that is required.

I'm gunna get started in the keepers now, see what I think of that

El Kabong Guest

@El Kabong I've just finished the sinner, you should definitely give it a go, I reckon you'd like it.

I just hope they keep it as a stand alone series rather than trying to push for a 2nd series, you can tell from the very first episode that 1 series is all that is required.

I'm gunna get started in the keepers now, see what I think of that
    I will check it out....I had just started a documentary titled 'Karl Marx City' which was about a supposed former Stasi Informer killing himself, haven't gotten too far into it.

I've saved 'The Sinner' to my queue, it's not streaming in the US
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-15-2017 at 01:51 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Be prepared for 'The Keepers' that shit is fuckin heavy very darkside man....it's compelling but also tough to watch at times.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Be prepared for 'The Keepers' that shit is fuckin heavy very darkside man....it's compelling but also tough to watch at times.
    My mind is pretty fucked up so it takes a lot to shock me at the best if times.

I'll report back once I've watched a few episodes

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    My mind is pretty fucked up so it takes a lot to shock me at the best if times.

I'll report back once I've watched a few episodes
    I'm going to guess it won't turn you Catholic but yeah let me know what you think

El Kabong Guest

I watched 'Spotlight' which was about The Boston Globe stories on the rampant Catholic Church pedo problem as it was somewhat related to what 'The Keepers' covered. I have to say, that movie probably is the same thing that Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep will do in 'The Post'. It's ham handed in praising journalists (even though a lot of those guys covered for the Catholic Church too) as some kind of unwavering moral warriors. The movie depicted 9/11 as nothing more than a setback to covering their story than an actual tragedy which was a little shocking to me.

I will say that Mark Ruffalo's acting choices in that movie took me a little out of it, he was trying SO hard to be Bostonian looking that it was funny. He didn't overdo it with the accent he pursed his lips kind of tight and to one side of his face....sooooo odd

....sideways talking pursed lipped goober

Sometimes that throws me off of a movie. This one could have been a great movie if not for the ham handed nature of the writing and the acting. Just too forced IMO, it should have felt more natural.

Anywho next up is an old classic 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' starring that old queen Monty Woolley and Bette Davis with a special appearance by Jimmy Durante

El Kabong Guest

Watched 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' very funny movie, Monty Woolley reminds me a bit of miles. It is a classic film and decent play these days I believe Nathan Lane (whom I find quite funny) stars in it now.

I also watched 'Hostage to the Devil' which is about father Malichi Martin....been on a big Catholic kick recently for some reason....anywho after all the pedo stuff and horrible priests there were I decided to see if this was in any way redeeming to the Church. It did not turn out to be. As someone who quite enjoys Psychology I often wonder about possession and how it would present itself ('The Exorcism of Emily Rose' did a great job showing that dichotomy between faith and science). Malichi Martin is an odd figure, a Jesuit who left the Vatican after the Second Vatican Council and came to America doing exorcisms and talk shows like Art Bell

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Chappie. Wasn't the full on robo-cop flick I thought but found a strange attraction for the weird blond haired chick with the funny accent. Win-win.

Thread Information