Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Interesting references to Flat Earth and the Firmament on declassified CIA document:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...43720008-3.pdf

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Not a problem my friend, I'll just leave another quote I like here for you:

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan
    Carl Sagan bamboozled us about the probability of intelligent life evolving elsewhere. He said there are billions and billions of civilizations in out galaxy.

Reality is different. There's certainly bound to be lots of planets with simple life (bacteria) and possibly many with multi-celled life (such as arthropods, fish, molluscs).

But intelligent life is rare, there's probably fewer than 10 planets, certainly fewer than 100 per galaxy that have advanced life.

It took about 3 billion years for multi-celled life to evolve from simple life on earth, and another 550 million years for intelligent life to evolve. When we look outside at night, do people realize that more than 99% of all the stars we see won't last nearly as long as the sun has because they are burning their hydrogen more rapidly, being larger and hotter?

Only a very few faint stars we can see such as Epsilon Eridani will live as long or longer as the sun, and for most of those there are other reasons why advanced life would not be possible, such as the massive debris disk with an enormous number of collision-creating asteroids around Tau Ceti.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha

Why does Finland have bright sunshine still at midnight for months during Winter months but places like the UK don't?

Explain please

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    @Alpha

Why does Finland have bright sunshine still at midnight for months during Winter months but places like the UK don't?

Explain please
    Here's a video that might help explain it:

Red herring. Looking at the sky? The sky is a visible phenomenon, it can not be quantified. There is absolutely nothing above you, that will give you any sort of measurement of what is beneath your feet. It's not measurable scientific proof.

Now for myself I don't align myself with any flat earth models or maps, because I don't profess to know the true dimensions of earth or it's confines, if there is any. I appreciate what these guys are doing in trying to find out how things actually work, but it also sets up strawman arguments or red herrings, where people will attack the model and maps, instead of providing measurable, testable, repeatable demonstrations.

I'm about my own empowerment, I'm a realist, just a normal everyday guy, who understands what it takes for me to accept something as being objectively true. When I applied my attention to the globe model, I found it was pseudoscience. It was an image backed by sophisticated language, thats it, it's not an objective truth.

When I'm talking about science we're talking about the natural sciences, physics, biology, chemistry. The world of objects and substance, things that can be quantified.

So when you apply that type of criteria to looking into this question, you will find quite quickly that there is nothing supporting the globe.

The earth as a globe has never proved itself practically, the earths curvature has never been proven by way of science, the earths motion has never been proven, there is absolutely no measured scientific proof of this sphere.

Every single persons direct experience of reality tells them that its not moving in a spin type fashion and that its planar, it's level. We know these things because a couple of reasons, one being that the earth is covered in water, we know the characteristics of water, we know it will take the shape of its container and that the surface will always be an equilibrated horizontal plane. That's just a fact.

What we need to do is come together as a species, and fully explore the place and find out where we are. Is it confined? Does it extend beyond that? Who knows.

I certainly don't advocate anyone who professes that they know what it is. You'll get no claims from me stating that it's a pizza dish, with an ice wall and a dome or any of that stuff. All we can look at is the facts. The earth is demonstrably level.

Another other aspect is the geometry we assume, in the practical everyday life. Plane Euclidean geometry does not apply to curved surfaces. But that's what we use in everyday reality, from construction to navigation. Nothings affected by any curvature, because its not there.

Every person should to do their own research and find the knowledge for themselves.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IQ test time

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya know nasa has found some weird stuff. I read about a planet they found that resolves around the sun in the opposite direction we and other observed planets do. Who knows maybe there is a flat planet floating around somewhere

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just reading this for the first time.

Am I missing something? Around page 2 you all start talking like you've had a long prior conversation? Were there loads of posts removed?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Just reading this for the first time.

Am I missing something? Around page 2 you all start talking like you've had a long prior conversation? Were there loads of posts removed?
    Alphas called NASA etc Fake in Freedoms Mars thread and then the Flat Earth rubbish began there. I thought it could easily be a thread of its own but Alpha probably thinks starting an actual thread is for weak minded sheeple and part of Saddo conspiracy so I started this one.

Mars Thread here - http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...ad.php?t=89495
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IQ test time

Believing something because you see it in a video or diagrams defies logic.

Again it's blindly following a theory and trying to claim it as fact.

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dudes I don’t get the big deal. People think all kinds of science and what we think is beyond reproach is wrong. Who cares it’s just ideas. Makes for interesting discussion. Shit we know little about our own damn ocean. Look at the Kennedy shit and the many who think out government or Israel was involved in 9/11. We got the Chem trails theories and weather control shit. I know the earth is round cause I walked around it twice but none of these things bother me .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ya know nasa has found some weird stuff. I read about a planet they found that resolves around the sun in the opposite direction we and other observed planets do. Who knows maybe there is a flat planet floating around somewhere
    Don't tell your missus about the diamond planet, she might try to steal a spaceship

People think all kinds of science

So about the kinds of science you're talking about

I know the earth is round cause I walked around it twice
    So you'd have something measurable then yea? Not just claims.

Dudes I don’t get the big deal. none of these things bother me .
    That's how it should be Walrus, I don't understand how some get so emotional about others asking questions. If it's so ridiculous and laughable, then why would there be so much censorship?

Youtubes new guidelines:

So Bigfoot, Nessy, Aliens, Chem trails, reptilians, clones and how many other thousands are fine. We have them on the run, they're scared, people are waking up to the truth.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel Alpha isn’t terribly bright.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those that think it has been demonstrated to them that the earth is round, have got a very low bar, it's a bit naive, they have not shown anything quantifiable about the earth being round. It is all interpretations, making assertions and assumptions, and they probably don't even realize it.

Objective reality is not an idea, it's not a debate, or an idea of debate that's to be won or lost, depending on your rhetorical garbage.

It's what can be practically demonstrated by claims that have been made. Again the globe can not demonstrate in a practical fashion ANY of what it asserts. It has to make up metaphysics, pseudoscience, explanations, to prop up an image.

Most have no idea of Euclid's Elements and don't have a full grasp of the geometry that is assumed, and what we are actually using. I'll say it again, you don't navigate or construct on a sphere using those principals, it wouldn't work. It's not being accounted for.

They think they have it all sussed, and that's up to each individual, if you want to remain ignorant, that's your choice. I'm not going to judge you on that. You're free to be a ignoramus.

Any time anyone thinks they can quantify the earth being a globe, you come and let me know.

Otherwise, just state clearly that you have a religious faith and a bias, that you're quite content with, and you want to go with that. That would be intellectually honest. I could respect that.

What I can't respect is the pompous nonsense that gets offered.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They live, We sleep

Thread Information