Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

I think Lara just made it a lot harder for himself to get fights. He fights in a measured, economical punching style that is very effective but not fan friendly.
    He picks his opponent apart like Floyd; is fast, accurate and patient like Rigo and punches pretty good too. He will be a problem for anyone who gets in the ring with him. This is the first time I've seen him and he impressed me, but I don't think I could ever come to enjoy his style.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

Imjust trying to figure out whose more boring.. rigo or lara

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lara vs canelo is definitely the fight that fans want right now. i would be alright with a little four man tournament. canelo vs cotto and lara vs kirkland then the winners face each other.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only fight I want to see Lara in is with Canelo. I think Kirkland would be too easy for him. I can admire his technical brilliance but he's just not exciting to watch at all.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The only fight I want to see Lara in is with Canelo. I think Kirkland would be too easy for him. I can admire his technical brilliance but he's just not exciting to watch at all.
    Canelo prefers Cotto. If Cotto goes the Martinez route, Canelo is left with Molina and Lara as available titleholders.

Mayweather is without an opponent so a fight with Lara makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I think Lara just made it a lot harder for himself to get fights. He fights in a measured, economical punching style that is very effective but not fan friendly.
    He picks his opponent apart like Floyd; is fast, accurate and patient like Rigo and punches pretty good too. He will be a problem for anyone who gets in the ring with him. This is the first time I've seen him and he impressed me, but I don't think I could ever come to enjoy his style.
    This is how I see it. Lara is going to be difficult for anyone & doesn't really bring a big pay day. His performance over Trout just increased his risk assessment. I think he should be entitled to a Canelo or Floyd fight but I don't see them taking the bait

Like @Spicoli mentioned I also feel that Lara presents the most difficult puzzle for Floyd to solve at this stage

Thread Information