Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy work"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm pretty sure the stats show that Floyd is TBE.
    Right and the economy is just dandy too. I am sure my stats would look great if I was shadow boxing a tree.
    As a former winner (and soon to be 2 time champion) of the prediction contest -- I'd bet on the tree to whip your ass Miles.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sadly, you are a donkey.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy wor

This really isn’t about whether Floyd is the best ever or not. This is about him beeking off on the sidelines about how easy it would be to beat Golovkin if not for the weight when he's already fought a guy who was just as heavy. Why does this guy need to spout? He just retired undefeated after 18 years in the sport. He had a blemish/tough time with Castillo and struggled with Maidana. So what? Lamotta beat Robinson when Ray was 25 and Tiger Jones beat him when he was 35. Even if you hate the guy with a passion you can’t unsee what we've witnessed in the ring for the last almost 2 decades.
    Sure questions will dog the guy and there have been some sneaky ways during his tenor but if this was really an inquiry of the facts then you have to include Floyd in the conversation concerning the best ever. Trouble is, the man actually underachieved under scrutiny at several junctures in his career. I believe had Hearns, Duran, Leonard and Benitez been around over his time that he would not have fought them. Floyd was a much better opportunist than all of them. It was never about legacy for him. It was all about legacy for them. That’s the difference. Floyd separated himself from the pack but not like he could have or should have. Funny thing is, he could have surpassed all the others in a best ever competition but chose instead to value the prize(cash) and window dressing and the most convenient way to get there with the least risk.

The problem for me in this specific case is why did he not fight Golovkin when he offered to move down? Most likely it was for the same reasons Robinson never fought Burley and Leonard watched Hagler erode for 3 years before fighting him. Trouble is Floyd aired out a career for 18 years instead of completing the same accomplishment in 10 because he took about 5 years off while active. Now he's close to 40 and by the sounds of things is having an early onslaught of mid-life crisis because of the limelight.

Ps-I will gladly submit a write-up with a comparison of those held to be the best ever including Floyd and send it to the editors of this forum as an Op-ed for the front page and show in detail why Floyd does not make the grade if someone else wants to take the opposite side. I personally believe it’s a tossup between Harry Greb and Sam Langford but I’ll even leave the early 20thcentury out of it and proceed as if boxing started after WW2. I'm not singling out the ruthlessone here. Anyone who feels Floyd is the best ever is welcome be them in this thread, never posted before, work for the Ring, a passerby, from another site, a boxnation employee, fat dan, whomever.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy wor

Floyd opponents could easily claim that if it were not for the negative tactics and running then they would have had made "easy work” of pretty boy.

Saying he could make one phone call and stop the Canelo v Khan fights shows that he is missing the limelight and his ego is hurt that boxing has moved on without him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Being TBE and being an insufferable asshole aren't mutually exclusive.
    Just sayin'

For the record, however.... Floyd is an ATG, but not TBE.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Floyd is TBE.

Armstrong fought a bunch of bums and the highest he weighed was 146... Your lies are pathetic!
    Imo Greb is but and sure Armstrong has a few notches staying active.

He won the triple crown however brief. He went 27 and 0 in a year with 27 ko’s grabbing the only featherweight title available. When he lost to Ambers in a rematch for the 135 title it broke a run of 46 and 0 with 39 knockouts. He went to welter and was 133 at the weigh in when he beat Ross. He defended his title 19 times which is still a record. People always cop to opponents and their records w/o considering the times. People fought everyone all the time unless you were unfortunate enough to be and individual caught up in the colour barrier. The numbers also outright lie at times. All kinds of people have 0’s today but you know as well as anyone what those represent in most cases. Some of these atg’s fought two or three times a month. Staying undefeated today and staying undefeated in past eras are two different things. There are more belts today then there are elites to carry them. And let’s face it, many of the people Floyd beat would be the same opponents you call bums from other eras had they fought in them. Fighting twice a year against no hopers or with little hope is what it is. Floyd struggled against Castillo, Maidana and Hatton until Cortez injected himself into the fight and Armstrong by all accounts fought that style but at a different level. Armstrong fought almost 200 times in 13 years, Floyd fought 49 times in 18 years. Armstrong beat 10 hall of famers, how many did Floyd beat.
    More to your final point on Floyd vs HOFers: how many of those that he fought were considered in their prime/at their best when Floyd fought them? Very good posts with in depth analysis and perspectives from you on this topic. So many on this board either short change Floyd and call him a duck who fought no one, or cup his gonads and declare him TBE and become emotionally upset when rational counterpoints are provided. Thank you for posting insightful discussions on here.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, but the statistics favour Floyd as TBE to have operated in the sport.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You hide behind statistics, reality is your eyes and heart say he is a cherry picking, manipulative, negative boxer in the mould of Ray Leonard when he came back from retirement to face Hagler.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I said about IAMINUIT, I feel completely the opposite about pretty much all of your posts. Not very insightful or well thought out at all, and extremely delusional and biased. I do feel like you are one of Floyd's biggest supporters, though. Like the saying goes: if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. Job well done Rocco!!!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You hide behind statistics, reality is your eyes and heart say he is a cherry picking, manipulative, negative boxer in the mould of Ray Leonard when he came back from retirement to face Hagler.
    Tell me more about the "reality of my eyes and heart". Hahahaaa!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    What I said about IAMINUIT, I feel completely the opposite about pretty much all of your posts. Not very insightful or well thought out at all, and extremely delusional and biased. I do feel like you are one of Floyd's biggest supporters, though. Like the saying goes: if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. Job well done Rocco!!!!
    Gee... You don't think my posts are well thought out or insightful. Too bad for you. I don't need to write a novella to explain why Floyd is TBE. The facts speak for themselves.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True you are blindly in love with Floyd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True you are blindly in love with Floyd.
    Pure class @Master !!

Thread Information