Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing truisms, what we've learned

#1. Marquez stopped drinking his own urine, but he'll never win a decision against Pacquiao.

#2. Pacquiao ain't the superman some of us thought he was, and if the fight ever happens, the counter punching Mayweather Jr. would hand him his ass on a silver platter.

#3. miles is a histrionic douche-bag, who needs to get a life.

#4. The ultra corrupt and ever devious snake in the grass, Bob Arum, has every boxing judge in the world, HBO and Lederman in his back pocket.

#5. Freddie Roach is the Steven Hawking of the boxing world, and/or one of the smartest disabled muther-fuckers who ever lived.

#6. Pacquiao prefers being hit in the head with Dos Equis beer bottles - “Stay thirsty, my friends.”

Got any to add?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-20-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing truisms, what we've learned

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    #3. miles is still a histrionic, yet entertaining cunt, who probably needs to get a life.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that stepping on each others feet isn't a natural occurrence between a southpaw and orthodox fighter if the southpaw fighter is named Manny Pacquiao, instead it's referred to as "Marquez' Foot Stomping Trick"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    that stepping on each others feet isn't a natural occurrence between a southpaw and orthodox fighter if the southpaw fighter is named Manny Pacquiao, instead it's referred to as "Marquez' Foot Stomping Trick"
    I remember a fight a while back where one of the guys was blatantly trying to step on the other's foot. I think his corner might have even told him to do it. I just can't remember who it was.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol. That's a good one.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I remember a fight a while back where one of the guys was blatantly trying to step on the other's foot. I think his corner might have even told him to do it. I just can't remember who it was.
    one fight, it was clear that in JMM/Pac 3 it wasn't the case, and that both guys were doing it often with neither one doing it to be dirty

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one fight, it was clear that in JMM/Pac 3 it wasn't the case, and that both guys were doing it often with neither one doing it to be dirty
    I'm not calling Marquez dirty, I'm just trying to figure out what fight that was.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Counter right hand is the best punch to hit a southpaw.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not calling Marquez dirty, I'm just trying to figure out what fight that was.
    oh I know YOU'RE not, but there were plenty of fanboys on here trying to insinuate such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After all the smoke has been cleared, Juan Manuel is still a loser in many more ways than one!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 11-20-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    After all the smoke has been cleared, Juan Manuel is still a loser in many more ways than one!
    Agreed, and so are some of his fans, who must have watched the fight with blinders on..

There seems to have been a lot of wishful thinking and group hysteria going on for Marquez last weekend. After watching the replay, I came to a totally different conclusion, Pac wins 7-5 in rounds. Just goes to show, the "majority" of boxing fans aren't always right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed, and so are some of his fans, who must have watched the fight with blinders on..

There seems to have been a lot of wishful thinking and group hysteria going on for Marquez last weekend. After watching the replay, I came to a totally different conclusion, Pac wins 7-5 in rounds. Just goes to show, the "majority" of boxing fans aren't always right.
    Or that perhaps you're wrong.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so let me get this right, just because you and a handful of Pactards scored it in favor of Pacquiao, it means that the "majority" of not only fans, but also professional fighters, and sportswriters are by default "wrong"? hahaha get the fuck out of here dude, it's become more and more evident that you're as much on Pacquiao's dick as the rest of the Pactards, that little comment and the fact that you and Kankersore try to play it up as if Manny dominated or even had a clear win is laughable, Pacquiao won against Marquez just as DLH won against Sturm, it might say so on paper but reality speaks differently

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hindsight is indeed 20-20. Seeing a fight closely and from different perspectives after the fact does not make fans calling it as they see it losers or agenda driven loons. It's those who state opinion as fact with certainy who may fit the bill though. That whole stones in a glass house thing.

I think Mayweather beats Pac.

Mannys footwork and raggedy falling in leftward motion lastweek would see Mayweather time him like a clock. He was hesitant big time.

Jim Lamply is bad for boxing and must have more mirrors and platforms in his home than a circus funhouse.

Tecante vs Corona ring girl boxing & wraslin' must happen!
    Last edited by Spicoli; 11-20-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#1. Marquez stopped drinking his own urine, but he'll never win a decision against Pacquiao.

#2. Pacquiao ain't the superman some of us thought he was, and if the fight ever happens, the counter punching Mayweather Jr. would hand him his ass on a silver platter.

#3. miles is a histrionic douche-bag, who needs to get a life.

#4. The ultra corrupt and ever devious snake in the grass, Bob Arum, has every boxing judge in the world, HBO and Lederman in his back pocket.

#5. Freddie Roach is the Steven Hawking of the boxing world, and/or one of the smartest disabled muther-fuckers who ever lived.

#6. Pacquiao prefers being hit in the head with Dos Equis beer bottles - “Stay thirsty, my friends.”

Got any to add?

You bet I do.

#7. If THIS is what it takes to finally get Mayweather interested in a match with Pacquiao........ then SHIT YEAH!!! I've almost lost interest in that "pie-in-the-sky" match anyway. If history is any indication, by the time (and IF) they finally meet, it will go down as bigges ANTI-CLIMACTIC fight in the history of boxing.

Thread Information