Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Two Questions

Does anyone have advice for rehabbing a sprained wrist? I took about a week off from using it and it felt better, but last night i sparred and hurt it more. Anyone have suggestions for getting this thing back in order?

The other question I have is whether anyone has suggestions for improving periphreal vision?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two Questions

When the swelling is gone you should apply moist heat to increase blood flow to help it heal faster. A bucket of hot water and a towel will do the trick. Depending on how bad it is, sometimes it takes longer than a week.

Don't bother to wrap it or put a glove on that hand when you train so that you don't hit with it out of habit. You should spend the time going over movement and working with your good hand.

As for improving peripheral, my dad told me that when he was in the navy they were supposed to eat sitting straight up, with their head facing forward and not looking down at their food. The idea was to train the men to see with their peripheral vision.

I've heard of people working on their peripheral vision by reading eye charts out of the corner of their eyes. I don't know of any other ways except to concentrate on looking at things with your peripheral vision. This is move than just looking at things in the corner of your eyes, it's also seeing things above and below you.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Chris. I'm going to start trying that idea your dad told you about. So far I've just been moving my hands around the edge of my field of vision and focusing on them, but it makes sense to do more functional things like read something or eat.

There's one more cc i owe you once i've posted enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yeah I should real quick add,if youve re-agravated it,ice first heat later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks. When you say ice first do you mean regularly or just right after the injury?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutbuster
    Thanks. When you say ice first do you mean regularly or just right after the injury?
    Basically,for as long as you have any swelling,like Chris noted heat increases blood flow,if the wrist is still showing a tendency to swell,and you drop heat on it,youll turn it in to a balloon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought is was well known enough that it didn't need mentioning. Yeah after an injury you treat it with ice and you keep that up until it's gone. Also I should add is when you're sleeping and there's still some swelling you should keep it elevated so that less blood will settle there. Just rest your wrist on your chest, or up on a pillow. When the swelling is all gone you apply heat treatments and avoid banging with it until it's completely healed.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youd be suprised to see how many people go straight for heat
    When Feur worked as a personal trainer,she had to point it out all the time

Thread Information