Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Khan sell out Wembley if he brought Mayweather over to fight??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would Khan sell out Wembley if he brought Mayweather over to fight??

I reckon he would struggle

the reason is the fight would be boring, fighting a boring fighter like Mayweather would end in a big snoozefest

also Khan is a rubbish fighter who only fights against non punchers like Mayweather

Job Biscuit (Happy frigging xmas to all)!!!!

eh eh!!!
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Khan sell out Wembley if he brought Mayweather over to fight??

Against Mayweather I think Wembley would sell out. Comfortably.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sell out for sure.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Khan sell out Wembley if he brought Mayweather over to fight??

If 80,000 people turn up for Froch v Groves then they would for this fight too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea it would sell out right away I would love to see mayweather live if he comes to wembley I'll be going for sure.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't see how it wouldn't. Khan may not be the draw people think he is in the UK( I'd have no idea), but people would either get behind him or come out for the event anyways if this were to happen surely. I'd imagine Mayweather could draw a good crowd in the UK fighting just about anyone good. Not to say he's a big deal to anyone, but there is definitely more of a devoted fan base for boxing over there.
    I believe that all of Floyds fights with the showtime contract had to be at the MGM grand though, and he'd still have 2 left, so fat chance of this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It well sell out in 2 seconds

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said before, people in the UK would go for the occasion more than the fight. I think the thread title is wrong though. it's not KHAN selling out Wembley. I reckon if Brook fought Mayweather, it would also sell out Wembley. If Froch v Groves can be marketed so well it can sell out Wembley , then I'm sure that by the time fight came along , Sky and the rest of the media would have everyone believing that the Brit is gonna bowl over the Worlds best with ease!
    In reality, there are quite a few fights that would sell out Wembley , believe it or not.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Hearn it's looking likely mayweather will fight Pacquiao and Hes booked wembley for June 13th, which will likely be Khan-Brook

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question should have been - how long would Floyd-Khan take to fill up Wembley? Over/under 45 mins
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy sell out.... forget hardcore fight fans people would just go after seeing the success of Froch v Groves...average man on the street would 100% want to go just for the occasion.

Might even have a chance of getting a ticket fairly this time as it would be fuck all to do with matchroom who took the piss for Froch v Groves 2 and conned the public bigtime ;-)

Anyone who thinks they sold out Wembley in the time the claim is a fool.... a third of the tickets were allocated to a ticket website (Matchroom are partners in this particular site) before they went on sale at 3 times the face value...that's why they could claim it sold out so fast

Slippery cunts

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would sell out for sure

Khan - Brook makes more sense I think right now.

Never been Wembley yet (old or new) and will be making my first trip there next july for AC/DC !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    I reckon he would struggle

the reason is the fight would be boring, fighting a boring fighter like Mayweather would end in a big snoozefest

also Khan is a rubbish fighter who only fights against non punchers like Mayweather

Job Biscuit (Happy frigging xmas to me all)!!!!

eh eh!!!
    The thread should read, 'Would Mayweather sell out Wembley if he came to fight Khan?'
    I think so, there is plenty of interest about Floyd In the England so the chance to see a historic event would be irresistible, in my opinion.
    I'm not trying to downplay Khan's part in this hungered for event, I just think Floyd would get most/all the attention.
    I think it would be a bad idea for Floyd, with Khan being pumped up enough to go 20 or more hard rounds in front of a predominantly Brit audience!
    Last edited by beenKOed; 12-19-2014 at 06:10 PM.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats hilarious!!! when has floyd ever fought anywhere other than vegas? why would any fighter leave a place where he cannot lose?? a place where he owns the refs and judges keep dreaming.....

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    thats hilarious!!! when has floyd ever fought anywhere other than vegas? why would any fighter leave a place where he cannot lose?? a place where he owns the refs and judges keep dreaming.....
    It is true! There is no way Floyd fights outside of Vegas where they allow him to inject his hands with drugs. Ever!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information