Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd is going to stand right in front of Maidana ala Mosley/Cotto

That's what he claims and I believe him. Why not. Its not like maidana is a threat.

Can Maidana absorb the punishment for 12 rounds?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was thinking the same thing earlier. I think he'll be more of a pressure fighter, especially in the mid and late rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd is going to stand right in front of Maidana ala Mosley/Cotto

Wrong plan imo. Didn't work too well for Broner standing infront of Maidana. Why not move and win easy like Alexander did?
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Wrong plan imo. Didn't work too well for Broner standing infront of Maidana. Why not move and win easy like Alexander did?
    Because he doesn't have to move against somebody like maidana. He said the same thing before the mosley fight, cotto fight, ortiz and now maidana.

Secondly, Broner is not Floyd. Floyd can stand right there and do whatever he wants.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think Floyd has to do that now because his legs aren't as quick as they once were as he's getting up there in years.

Floyd is so crafty it's hard to imagine Maidana really getting anything done. Maidana is a hard puncher but I don't know if he has true one-punch KO power at WW.

I think it's possible he might land something wild and hurt Floyd ala Mosley, but I don't think he has the hand speed or skill to really close the show.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broners problem wasn't where he was it was that he fought dumb. He twice got dropped by the same punch sequence that is textbook against the shoulder roll. He should have seen it coming. What's worse is he was hooking behind Maidana giving Maidanas shots more energy. Broner did well shen he fought down the middle with his shorter faster punches. He got in trouble when he got wide.

Floyd won't allow Maidana to bury the jab in his belly, Floyd will do that to Maidana. Floyd won't counter left hook a lead left hook.

Floyd could move to an easy W but that doesn't promote the agenda. If he doesn't use his legs people think he can't. If people think his legs are gone they think a loss is eminent. If a loss is eminent every person that wants to see him lose tunes in.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm tired of people comparing broner to floyd. They are not the same at all. Just because broner tries to emulate floyd doesn't mean that he does a good job of it.

Not only is maidana slow but he telegraphs his shot and as Ron mentioned, broner got with hit repetitively by the same punch. U think floyd would get caught by the same punches? Smh.

Maidana couldn't even close the gap unless floyd allows him to. Floyd keeps guys in check by jabbing to the body which broner has no idea about.

Its fuckin stupid to compare broner to floyd.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spot on with this one Finito, Floyd is gonna clown him, he could stand in front and counter him all night. I don't think Maidana will last all the rounds personally.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do think that floyd will stand in front of maidana because he is very easy to counter. in my mind, this fight should be a 10:1 odds type of fight. i just dont see how maidana wins it. we have seen multiple times that he has problems with speed. he is the exact style of fighter where counter punchers like floyd look their best. maidana goes for broke with every punch and will get countered hard in the first few rounds and then stop throwing punches just like everybody else he fights.

i say it over and over but its true. there is a reason why people dont throw many punches against floyd. its because he hurts them with a counter and then they realize that they cant just jump in there wildly and throw a bunch of punches. thats why they usually stand back and try to box even though its pointless because they know that they will get KO'd the other way.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Because he doesn't have to move against somebody like maidana. He said the same thing before the mosley fight, cotto fight, ortiz and now maidana.

Secondly, Broner is not Floyd. Floyd can stand right there and do whatever he wants.
    Oh, he'll be moving all right!! Floyd is not stupid so he will be doing a lot of moving. He can and does say a lot things before a fight, he'll still be moving.
    You guys are taking him too literally. He is not going to stand still and let Maidana have a single free shot at his body or head, especially early, that is not the way Floyd fights.
    If Floyd does fight like that, it will be stupid.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to be a Debbier Downer, but this fight really leaves something to be desired. Maidana-Thurman, Maidana-Guerrero, Maidana-Garcia, Maidana-Paulie even, fine. The outcome here is already determined. I can't get excited for a fight if the only intrigue is how Floyd wins.

At least with Broner we saw vulnerabilities with his performance against Paulie, but, if we're honest, Maidana beating Broner was a big upset because he's generally thoguht of as a crude slugger, which might not be true, but isn't too far off the mark either. I agree with @Beanflicker, I'm not even convinced he's too big of a puncher at 147. He's not a bad puncher, but he's not setting records. Canelo has more power than Maidana.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Floyd will spend a lot of time standing in front of Chino. Roger Mayweathers idea for Floyd is for him to take as little punishment as possible to save wear and tear and prolong his career. He would still dominate even if he did stand right in front but he won't need to. Not only that but he will probably be on his bike in the 12th round. This fight is going to blow. Khan would have got beat as well but at least the speed department would be a little more even.

I agree mentioning Floyd and Broner in the same sentence makes no sense. Floyd actually throws punches. Broner seems to like to back up his opponents and take a beating while he does it. He is not a smart fighter while Floyd is brilliant.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is trying to sell the fight and more PPV. The fight is crap and Floyd runs/boxes. He never stood in front of Shane for too long, after the near knock out he boxed flawlessly. He did stand and trade with Cotto but he only did that because he thought Cotto was damaged goods.

I hope Floyd breaks his hands on Maidana’s head and Chino goes after him with no worries as porter did against paulie last weekend.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd is trying to sell the fight and more PPV. The fight is crap and Floyd runs/boxes. He never stood in front of Shane for too long, after the near knock out he boxed flawlessly. He did stand and trade with Cotto but he only did that because he thought Cotto was damaged goods.

I hope Floyd breaks his hands on Maidana’s head and Chino goes after him with no worries as porter did against paulie last weekend.
    Agreed, there is no way I would pay for this fight if it wee just Floyd v Chino. One thing about Showtime and Golden boy is they make there ppv an event. HBO usually gets unappealing undercard but Showtime every fight is interesting. I have not seen one person on here who thinks Chino stands a chance and the majority of us, in including myself are saying this fight will be a stinker. Having said that, it would be a beautiful thing if Maidana does pull it off. Even if he just bloodied Flod a bit like Cotto did it may be worth while.
    Last edited by walrus; 04-29-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Agreed, there is no way I would pay for this fight if it wee just Floyd v Chino. One thing about Showtime and Golden boy is they make there ppv an event. HBO usually gets unappealing undercard but Showtime every fight is interesting. I have not seen one person on here who thinks Chimp stands a chance and the majority of us, in including myself are saying this fight will be a stinker. Having said that, it would be a beautiful thing if Maidana does pull it off. Even if he just bloodied Flod a bit like Cotto did it may be worth while.
    Not worth $49.99 or whatever you pay including extra for HD.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information