Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Jacobs v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Jacobs to face Chavez Jr in super-middleweight showdown

Daniel Jacobs is moving up to super-middleweight to take on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on December 20.

Jacobs will be back in action before the end of the year following his defeat to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a middleweight unification bout in May.

After coming out on the wrong side of a points decision to relinquish his IBF title in Las Vegas, the 'Miracle Man' has decided to continue his career at 168 pounds as he aims to become a two-weight world champion.

His first fight in the new division will be against the experienced Chavez Jr, another former title holder at middleweight who also has a points defeat to Alvarez on his 56-fight record.

"I am thrilled to be making my debut at super-middleweight on December 20 against Julio Cesar Chavez," said Jacobs in a press release from promoters Matchroom.

"I've achieved a dream of becoming a world champion at middleweight and now I am seeking to secure my legacy by becoming a two-weight world champion.

"There are some great fighters and champions at 168 pounds and I believe that I will be a different beast up at super-middleweight.

"Facing Julio is a great test for my first fight, he's a former middleweight champion like me and he has the same goal as I do - Julio is always in great fights and I am sure that our styles will gel to be a thriller for the fans, and I plan to announce my arrival at 168 pounds in style."

Mexican Chavez Jr - son of the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez - has fought just once since losing to Canelo in 2017, stopping Evert Bravo inside a round on August 10.

"Going against Daniel Jacobs is the perfect fight for me because there is so much on the line," said Chavez Jr. "A victory gets me one step closer to a world championship and I’m not going to let anyone stand in my way.

"I know that Danny Jacobs is a former world champion and is a strong fighter with very good boxing skills. Those are the kind of boxers that bring out the best in me."

The bout will take place at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jac...215619471.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Jacobs v Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Chavez ducks a PEDs test and DAZN moves the fight to a different state to avoid his suspension. DAZN is putting the entire sport at risk.

Jacobs can be put into the ever growing list of people that refused their Charlo fight, sad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a joke fight. Even a prime Chavez would get beat badly by Jacobs. Especially after The Who PED thing. He has been caught on multiple occasions taking things that he’s not supposed to, but because he’s the son of a legend, it is just let go.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is beyond laughable. On his best night Chavez could not win the fight. DAZN once again proving it's a rotter.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha how'd I miss hearing about this.. likely Jacobs wins easily, but, he's been hurt plenty before and Chavez can punch if nothing else, an upset wouldn't shock me.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Chavez ducks a PEDs test and DAZN moves the fight to a different state to avoid his suspension. DAZN is putting the entire sport at risk.

Jacobs can be put into the ever growing list of people that refused their Charlo fight, sad.

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Disgusting? Yes. Surprising? No.

DAZN is the new, cheap whore of boxing.... and Chavez Jr. only knows free passes based on his daddy's name.

Surprised the WBC hasn't come up with some cheap belt for HIS sorry ass.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Haha how'd I miss hearing about this.. likely Jacobs wins easily, but, he's been hurt plenty before and Chavez can punch if nothing else, an upset wouldn't shock me.
    Chavez isn’t that big of a puncher. He was always just way way heavier than his opponents and used diuretics to get down to the weight to have about a 30 pound weight advantage. We saw that when he fought Fonfara (who wasn’t really that good), he got beat up very badly.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Thanks for bringing this to light.

Disgusting? Yes. Surprising? No.

DAZN is the new, cheap whore of boxing.... and Chavez Jr. only knows free passes based on his daddy's name.

Surprised the WBC hasn't come up with some cheap belt for HIS sorry ass.
    OMG, watching Loma fans defend that belt would be priceless. C’mon WBC, you owe boxing fans this!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Chavez isn’t that big of a puncher. He was always just way way heavier than his opponents and used diuretics to get down to the weight to have about a 30 pound weight advantage. We saw that when he fought Fonfara (who wasn’t really that good), he got beat up very badly.
    I'm not trying to sell him as one, just saying that he is dangerous enough. Jacobs could be on the slide and has been hot and cold before, I kind of see this as a lose lose for him career wise.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Hearn and the boys do us a favor and delay this main event until people fall asleep near Midnight too in order to fluff the ufc? Much thanks ahead of time. Chavez has gone less than a single round over two and a half years. Yep, that screams a shot at a #1 contender. Pile of poo this one.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Can Hearn and the boys do us a favor and delay this main event until people fall asleep near Midnight too in order to fluff the ufc? Much thanks ahead of time. Chavez has gone less than a single round over two and a half years. Yep, that screams a shot at a #1 contender. Pile of poo this one.
    You know who will blame Charlo and Al Haymon for this

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs in a late stoppage. Probably within the 8 or 10th round.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DAZN made the fight? Hilarious.

Come on Ron, you can fool these boys but not me, who made the fight? Who is the promoter? Who is the "adviser" to the fighters?

(Makes you sick to see your mythical hero doing consistent great business with Eddie, doesn't it? Why do you think that is, Ron?)
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-10-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I couldn't give less of a flying one who moved the fight. DAZN has still been a new negative to boxing, as far as I'm concerned. Junior is also who he is... a coattail-riding moron.

The fact that the fight was moved to Arizona is deplorable. If you're suspended you're suspended.... period.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Personally I couldn't give less of a flying one who moved the fight. DAZN has still been a new negative to boxing, as far as I'm concerned. Junior is also who he is... a coattail-riding moron.

The fact that the fight was moved to Arizona is deplorable. If you're suspended you're suspended.... period.
    Is not take Tito too much time to get on Junior derriere! His all-time fave im sure after Ging'

Thread Information