Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Martin- NO ROIDS, APPARENTLY!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Charles Martin- NO ROIDS, APPARENTLY!?

I have been looking at Charles Martin's physique, the new IBF HW Champ, and he doesn't look roided up. In fact, he looks like an average man.

What is apparent is his cardiovascular conditioning, as you can tell by the width of his chest and his shoulders. But the chisel you don't see, and you don't see the veins popping out like a maniac.

I like natural athletes. Regardless of how some may say he may not be anything special, but I give shout outs to guys that do it the right way!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Charles Martin- NO ROIDS, APPARENTLY!?

Can you tell just by looking at them if they are on steroids or PED? I choose to believe they are clean unless otherwise proven.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Can you tell just by looking at them if they are on steroids or PED? I choose to believe they are clean unless otherwise proven.
    You can sorta tell prolonged Roid usage, over the casual use or the one-time use. You can just tell by the physique and the output.

For example, the Andy Ruiz we are seeing NOW is clearly using Roids, even though he isn't chiselled up. The Andy Ruiz before, while not whipped up, was not on the juices.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    You can sorta tell prolonged Roid usage, over the casual use or the one-time use. You can just tell by the physique and the output.

For example, the Andy Ruiz we are seeing NOW is clearly using Roids, even though he isn't chiselled up. The Andy Ruiz before, while not whipped up, was not on the juices.
    I can not see Ruiz being on any drugs other than food.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are so weird

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I admire the optimism but I'm the opposite. I think they are almost all cheating and doing so because the testing is so lame but that as such it also makes it an even playing field. I'm also convinced that it’s possible that a non-steroid user can beat a steroid user and that steroids don’t guarantee results in all cases and especially at heavyweight.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I admire the optimism but I'm the opposite. I think they are almost all cheating and doing so because the testing is so lame but that as such it also makes it an even playing field. I'm also convinced that it’s possible that a non-steroid user can beat a steroid user and that steroids don’t guarantee results in all cases and especially at heavyweight.
    I am an old romantic at heart and do give them the benefit of doubt.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can usually tell straight away by looking at their knees.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have been looking at Charles Martin's physique, the new IBF HW Champ, and he doesn't look roided up. In fact, he looks like an average man.

What is apparent is his cardiovascular conditioning, as you can tell by the width of his chest and his shoulders. But the chisel you don't see, and you don't see the veins popping out like a maniac.

I like natural athletes. Regardless of how some may say he may not be anything special, but I give shout outs to guys that do it the right way!
    I think Martin is vastly over-rated and Joshua is vastly under-rated. For the past days all I've been hearing is how risky this fight is for Joshua. I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm going big on this fight to not last one round. Joshua will destroy Martin. Martin has never been in with anyone like Joshua.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

I think Martin is vastly over-rated and Joshua is vastly under-rated. For the past days all I've been hearing is how risky this fight is for Joshua. I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm going big on this fight to not last one round. Joshua will destroy Martin. Martin has never been in with anyone like Joshua.
    Black v Black must have you scratching your head

Do you go for the darker one? Or the musclier one?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver and Toney gave new pride to the muffin tops of the ring. No veins, average looking man. Roids! What roids

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well steroids are only one of the many cocktail of drugs pro athletes use, I think you are being a bit blinkered if you just look for the after effects of muscle growth drugs :S....... the are so many options for guys to use, boosting endurance, boosting recovery times from hard training and so on... I dont think there is anyway to tell just by looking at someone whether they are doped or not.. It is a really hard and highly scientific and professional job to catch the pro drugs cheats, I think you are more likely to bust the infrastructure of doping rather than getting guys testing positive(aka, evan fields and peyton manning getting hgh delivered )...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    well steroids are only one of the many cocktail of drugs pro athletes use, I think you are being a bit blinkered if you just look for the after effects of muscle growth drugs :S....... the are so many options for guys to use, boosting endurance, boosting recovery times from hard training and so on... I dont think there is anyway to tell just by looking at someone whether they are doped or not.. It is a really hard and highly scientific and professional job to catch the pro drugs cheats, I think you are more likely to bust the infrastructure of doping rather than getting guys testing positive(aka, evan fields and peyton manning getting hgh delivered )...
    Agreed and as already pointed out by @Spicoli both the walking candy apple and the michlin man were users. Its possible Martin is or has for the same reasons. @Master makes one think also. I'm on record of calling people naive for thinking that most are not using and yet through all of Manny's demolition of others one would have to think others would use if he was in order to beat him or level it out. I believe the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming for Manny and that it makes no difference that he was never caught by tests they new time and place for beforehand.

Taking Masters optimistic angle it follows that most of the opponents he destroyed were not using since he destroyed them. Could be as simple as moral/religious/ethical reasons. Or to its conclusion, he wasn't either, he was just better.

I believe there are compounds being used that have not even been designated yet. Some even w/o a name. These people still have POT as a performance enhancing drug. A benign substance that would remain in the system up to 90 days after using. This they care about but not random tests.

Does anyone honestly believe that the Klits were clean? How does one explain the stretch marks from the weight room? How about Briggs, Joshua or Haye? If Martin demanded random tests would we be seeing this fight? If Martin has never used now would be a time when his handlers may approach him. This is the time when fighters might cross the line.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Altitude training, hard work, modern techniques, good nutrition and better understanding of the body to perform to its optimum level is what works. A fighters and champions reputation means more than money.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I've heard that before and yet half of today's fighters are gassed by round six, have to weight cheat and only fight once or twice a year, usually taking the easiest route possible and using the "boxing is a business" excuse along the way.

Its a better boxing through chemistry, catchweights, inactivity and little risk era. If everything had evolved that much we'd be seeing something quite different.

Thread Information