Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brook Vs Khan For May....Maybe

Brook - Khan

At one point this would have filled Wembley but the truth is, it's lost that pull. This fight is like spoiled milk, that's not 100% spoiled, you think it's salvageable and you won’t die, so you make your coffee/tea, but then spit it and flush it away because it tastes disgusting.

I think Khan is still under the impression that he's relevant. The last time this guy was a world champion Obama was still in his first presidential term.

The guy (Khan) is living the good life of that PHAT pay cheque he got for getting ktfo by Canelo. He’s never truly dedicated himself to the sport, doesn’t really train outside of a fight camp and enjoys life by putting on weight and smoking shisha pipes. Not to mention the fact that he's having some serious domestic issues with his wife and family.

He’s just looking for best monetary option and Kell Brook is just that. More interested in the paper. As for Brook, I don't know why he thinks he can fight Khan before he fights Spence. Spence has earned his shot, so Brook needs to focus at the task at hand.

But should the fight happen Brook is far too superior for Khan in every department and I do believe the fight as watchable as it still is, has lost that mo-jo.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook Vs Khan For May....Maybe

Both fighters have been divas fighting Canelo and GGG when they should have fought one another. Glad both got smashed up. This is sloppy seconds. Not got the same interest at all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Both fighters have been divas fighting Canelo and GGG when they should have fought one another. Glad both got smashed up. This is sloppy seconds. Not got the same interest at all.
    I agree with the first part, they both only chase paydays. It's understandable, it's a brutal sport. But make a legacy before ONLY chasing paydays.

I disagree about "they should have fought one another". Khan is irrelevant, the only reason to fight Khan is he brings a different demographic so he brings a payday. But like mentioned above, Khan hasn't been a champion in many years. Brook should only be looking at top WWs like Thurman, Pacquiao or Spence if he will fight at 47.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I agree with the first part, they both only chase paydays. It's understandable, it's a brutal sport. But make a legacy before ONLY chasing paydays.

I disagree about "they should have fought one another". Khan is irrelevant, the only reason to fight Khan is he brings a different demographic so he brings a payday. But like mentioned above, Khan hasn't been a champion in many years. Brook should only be looking at top WWs like Thurman, Pacquiao or Spence if he will fight at 47.
    Khan has earned a shot at any welterweight champion especially since he was champion at the lower weight. This was also a natural big UK fight.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Brook beats the absolute living shit out of Khan

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I hope Brook beats the absolute living shit out of Khan
    In all likelihood I believe he would no matter what weight they make the fight.

I still think Khan will avoid the embarrassment and would prefer to lose to Manny or Thurman.

El Kabong Guest

The winner of this vs the winner of Kirkland-Cotto wouldn't be horrible.....but I know Cotto is going to want bigger and better as his career is coming to a close.

I don't mind Brook, I was happy to see him take a right difficult challenge on vs GGG, but boy did he bite off a lot more than he could chew! Massive respect for that though.

Amir Khan, that kid was a bit in love with himself wasn't he? He and Adrien Broner were almost two peas in a pod. He has been the victim of some massive KO's and I think that has really taken a toll on him.

Brook should take this easily, UD or late stoppage

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Brook was just as stupid to take on GGG, probably more so, as Khan v Canelo.

El Kabong Guest

I think Brook was just as stupid to take on GGG, probably more so, as Khan v Canelo.
    He certainly wasn't patient about it....why not try to do something at 147 before that move. He got the money I guess, but damn he got walloped

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    He certainly wasn't patient about it....why not try to do something at 147 before that move. He got the money I guess, but damn he got walloped
    Just hope Brook is not permanently damaged by it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Just hope Brook is not permanently damaged by it.
    I wouldn't have thought so, unless he has continuing problems with the eye, he was getting beat up but it was stopped before it bacame a massacre, there is more chance of that one punch of Canelo doing lasting damage (assuming that the eye has healed fully)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Brook vs Spence? I think Spence can beat them both.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook vs Khan has that rivalry, grudge match appeal to it. Who cares if they're damaged goods.
    I'd watch it for sure.

And root for Brook as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Brook - Khan

At one point this would have filled Wembley but the truth is, it's lost that pull. This fight is like spoiled milk, that's not 100% spoiled, you think it's salvageable and you won’t die, so you make your coffee/tea, but then spit it and flush it away because it tastes disgusting.

I think Khan is still under the impression that he's relevant. The last time this guy was a world champion Obama was still in his first presidential term.

The guy (Khan) is living the good life of that PHAT pay cheque he got for getting ktfo by Canelo. He’s never truly dedicated himself to the sport, doesn’t really train outside of a fight camp and enjoys life by putting on weight and smoking shisha pipes. Not to mention the fact that he's having some serious domestic issues with his wife and family.

He’s just looking for best monetary option and Kell Brook is just that. More interested in the paper. As for Brook, I don't know why he thinks he can fight Khan before he fights Spence. Spence has earned his shot, so Brook needs to focus at the task at hand.

But should the fight happen Brook is far too superior for Khan in every department and I do believe the fight as watchable as it still is, has lost that mo-jo.
    Just about spot on. Khan is now doing his life with the Khanishans thing by having his missus fall out with his moneygrabbing family all over the front pages posing in a stupid designer suit. Brook would do himself and all of us a service by fighting Spence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What happened to Brook vs Spence? I think Spence can beat them both.
    This. Also not just beat them both proper fuck them up

Thread Information