Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andre Ward?

What is his promotional situation? He finally got out of his deal with Goosen and he signed with Roc Nation and then a lot of the people involved with boxing at Roc Nation soon thereafter departed. From what I understand, he wants a lot of money to fight a tune up on HBO. He also doesn't want to move up in weight even though there are some enticing fights on HBO at 175. He hasn't fought since November 2013. Is he ruining his career by sitting around? Should he move up in weight?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre is a small super middleweight and Virgil is not ready to move andre up in weight yet until his body is ready.

Andre will return and when he does he will eliminate everything in his path.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward?

Inactivity is very dangerous for a fighter. Id say his fighting career is pretty much over. He doesnt have any credible opponents at 168. He doesnt want to go to 175. No one from 160 is going to step up to fight him. He demands too much money and doesnt generate enough interest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward should stay active and fight for peanuts rather than be forced to move up and fight dangerous opponents whilst he has been inactive.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After spending the better half of the last two years trying to get the world to suck his dick...
    I have it on good authority that his 2015 New Years resolution is to learn to suck it himself.

He'll return to the ring once he's mastered it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is there so much hate for ward?!

Dan goosen died the other day to add to all this drama and all these issues cant have eased the transition process to the Jay z camp.

Ward wants to fight and just like Hopkins his style isn't pretty to watch but it is effective.!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Dan goosen died the other day to add to all this drama and all these issues cant have eased the transition process to the Jay z camp.

Ward wants to fight and just like Hopkins his style isn't pretty to watch but it is effective.!
    Hes not my favorite boxer but I like watching him fight. So I guess my dislike comes from the fact hes fought once in about 18 months.

His fanboys are what really annoy me though. Similar to Floyd and Pac fans they are blind to his flaws and dont hold them to the same standards as fighters they dislike.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roc Nation is being frozen out it would seem. Repeatedly people have turned down huge offers. I assume they won't accept a big offer from Ward if they wouldn't accept huge offers from lesser fighters.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt we've seen the last of Ward. I think he can still get the job done and always said he would be back when his contract is settled. Didn't realize roc nation may be froze out but hbo loves Ward. I also dislike his style at times but he knows how to win. He uses the clinch a lot which tends to make a fight boring. It's a legitimate tactic but can be abused and some refs let it go on way too much.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Roc Nation is being frozen out it would seem. Repeatedly people have turned down huge offers. I assume they won't accept a big offer from Ward if they wouldn't accept huge offers from lesser fighters.
    @imp and @Ron Swanson

I'm a fan of Ward. I think his style can be fun to watch when it isn't full of clinches.

Why is there is so much talk of GGG moving up in weight because he's the best in his division and there isn't similar talk for Ward? To be consistent you have to ask them both to move up in weight.

By the way, Ward won the Bronze Medal at Light Heavyweight in the 2005 Olympic and fought as a light heavyweight in the Olympics. He can easily move up in weight to 175.

Thread Information