Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel 5 Card - Haskins v Morales plus Andrew Selby - 10pm Sat 14 May (Spike TV 7pm)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Channel 5 Card - Haskins v Morales plus Andrew Selby - 10pm Sat 14 May (Spike TV 7pm)

Afternoon all,

This card is one I'm naturally interested in because Andrew Selby's progress is going ahead quickly, and this fight night is from his backyard in Cardiff. The bout if for the British Flyweight title, and Selby goes up against Louis Norman in his fifth fight. Looks to be tailor made opponent for him, with a decent record but has one loss and one draw when he stepped up for the English flyweight title. First step up to a competitive bout for Selby, but he's looked dynamite so far and think he will win tomorrow.

The other bout is Haskins v Morales for Haskins' IBF Bantamweight title, and I suppose its interesting that its over in Cardiff rather than a hometown show for Haskins. Haskins' record is significantly better than Ivan Morales, but Morales has a reasonable KO record and all three Haskins defeats have been by KO.

Elsewhere on the card, cruiserweight Craig Kennedy goes against Belgian Joel Djeko, and undefeated Tony Dixon goes up against Paddy Gallagher for the Celtic Welterweight title.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Channel 5 Card - Haskins v Morales plus Andrew Selby - 10pm Sat 14 May (Spike TV

Haskins is popular but it's very localised to his area and a couple fo neighbouring ones. Bristol venues only go to a couple of thousand bods, Cardiff a no brainer really.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Channel 5 Card - Haskins v Morales plus Andrew Selby - 10pm Sat 14 May (Spike TV

As usual with these McGuigan shows it's been fantastically promoted, there isn't even any IFL coverage. Blimey. Having Eric Morales little brother is surely worth a push.

I had a look at Morales, he's certainly not his brother (obviously that's an unfair standard to judge someone by), but a young Mexican with a boat load of wins speaks for itself. He'll be bemused by Haskins style. Looks a good fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Haskins is popular but it's very localised to his area and a couple fo neighbouring ones. Bristol venues only go to a couple of thousand bods, Cardiff a no brainer really.
    That explains that then...I didn't think the Ice Arena was much bigger, as its really a new place for the Cardiff Devils. Capacity is 3k for boxing, with maybe and additional 500 ground seats, so still not a huge venue. Sanigar does have connections across the bridge though...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stuart Hall has a lot of hate for Haskin would like to see that again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eriks little brother is going to over achieve on this one.

Ivan on points.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haskins. Ledge.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way...it has only just occurred to me...if you aren't watching this, it means you're probably watching the Eurovision Song Contest tonight. Don't be a @Master

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    By the way...it has only just occurred to me...if you aren't watching this, it means you're probably watching the Eurovision Song Contest tonight. Don't be a @Master
    Or match of the day.

I will be doing a round by round, it is free TV and therefore has me all of over it.

BTW talking of free boxing on tv Dave will be showing the Haye fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Or match of the day.

I will be doing a round by round, it is free TV and therefore has me all of over it.

Dave Cameron's got it on? Let's all pile in to number 10, tell him to get the beers in and we can see if he knows how to use a pint glass.

Didn't think there was an MOTD tonight, as it's tomorrow that all the games are.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Or match of the day.

Dave Cameron's got it on? Let's all pile in to number 10, tell him to get the beers in and we can see if he knows how to use a pint glass.

Didn't think there was an MOTD tonight, as it's tomorrow that all the games are.
    Yes the football is on tomorrow. Eurovision it is then.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad I tuned in on time for the first fight, Gallagher v Dixon was a one-round cracker. Dixon looked like a proper scrapper, and was doing well landing some good shots. Then, a cracking shot from Gallagher caught Dixon on the way in, and he practically faceplanted the canvas on the way down.

Fair play, Dixon tried to get back up from a heavy knockdown, but he stumbled backwards and the ref waved it off. Good little start for the card, and Gallagher takes the Celtic Welterweight title back to Belfast.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sparkage shot looked like it caught him on the back of the head. Good stoppage

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We now have Baby Jake Matlala vs Hughie Fury.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta love a bonus fight...Thorley v Dube, and I bet there's over a foot in height difference between these two. Thorley looking a little more cautious, but I'd put my house, if I had one, on a 4 round decision to Thorley.

Thread Information