Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Brook at Wembley Stadium close to being sealed for 2015

British Boxing flexing it's domestic muscles again hopefully

I'd fancy Khan for this if i'm honest, great fight BUT could easily turn into a 12 round hug fest too.

Amir Khan and Kell Brook close to agreeing Wembley blockbuster for May | Mail Online

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook at Wembley Stadium close to being sealed for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I'd fancy Khan for this if i'm honest, great fight BUT could easily turn into a 12 round hug fest too.

Amir Khan and Kell Brook close to agreeing Wembley blockbuster for May | Mail Online
    They money must look REAL good. I dunno if Brook should take this fight so early into his reign. It is a very dangerous fight. Khan stands a better chance than Porter. But this will prove that Brook IS a legitimate champion and Khan will be on the brink of B Class.

If Khan loses, he should retire and/or fight for the large sums, primarily. No need for trying to make a title run- just fight big names for about 2 years or so, rack up 4 to 6 fights paying him 2 mil and up... retire and go with your family.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope this happens

Also hope Khan takes an easy interim fight or there's every chance Wembley will be cancelled !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They're both scheduled to fight on December 6th, Brook in Sheffield and Khan in the States, it sounds like Hearn/Sky is wanting do a stacked doubleheader PPV.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could be a Bigger PPV than Froch v Groves 2 (i think it will be) as Amir is well know in the US already and i'd love this to be an eliminator for a Floyd fight but HBO and Showtime have agreed this 50-50 split on a Mayweather v Pac fight so that probably fucks that up unfortunately

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's tweeted 19 minutes ago that it's the first he's heard of this - and linked to the article.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan is offered the Floyd fight he will take that first but he will only be offered this if the Manny fights falls through.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could be a Bigger PPV than Froch v Groves 2 (i think it will be) as Amir is well know in the US already and i'd love this to be an eliminator for a Floyd fight but HBO and Showtime have agreed this 50-50 split on a Mayweather v Pac fight so that probably fucks that up unfortunately
    It will need a strong undercard, Khan is better known than Brook but not that well liked in the US.
    Brook is the key player, the way he took care of Porter and the ring savvy he displayed while doing it makes him much more interesting to US fans, in my opinion.
    Brook is the fighter we want to see, some to see him get his ass kicked and some to see how weak the division is in the US, if it is.
    This is a personal thing, but I don't really want to see Khan get a shoot at Floyd, Khan sticks me as feeling he's entitled. Entitled to a fight with Floyd, entitled to go to the head of the line, and entitled to whatever he wants to do in boxing. There are plenty of fighters with the same attitude but Khan rubs me the wrong way, like I said it's a personal thing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

They money must look REAL good. I dunno if Brook should take this fight so early into his reign. It is a very dangerous fight. Khan stands a better chance than Porter. But this will prove that Brook IS a legitimate champion and Khan will be on the brink of B Class.

If Khan loses, he should retire and/or fight for the large sums, primarily. No need for trying to make a title run- just fight big names for about 2 years or so, rack up 4 to 6 fights paying him 2 mil and up... retire and go with your family.

Isn't that exactly what he has been doing? Meaningless fights while he waits for the golden lottery ticket. Khan needs Brook more than Brook needs Khan.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Isn't that exactly what he has been doing? Meaningless fights while he waits for the golden lottery ticket. Khan needs Brook more than Brook needs Khan.
    Keep doing it... Khan is surely skilled, but he isn't a "lifer" ala Roy Jones.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information