Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles "Kid" McCoy - Boxing Overviews - (New Youtube Series)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Charles "Kid" McCoy - Boxing Overviews - (New Youtube Series)

Been toying with what to do on the boxing youtube channel I have. I decided to do brief rundowns of fighters careers and see how things go.

I hope you enjoy, please like and subscribe if you do.

Last edited by Vendettos; 06-14-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Overviews - Charles "Kid" McCoy - (New Youtube Series)

I did not know any of that. That would make a good movie on many aspects of his life.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yh it would be interesting.

My god this website is dead.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Never been the same since you left.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Never been the same since you left.
    Haha if it wasn't for you I'd be buried man
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly did not know any of those things about him and I have heard of him.

It is amazing stories about fixed fights, murdering his wife and suicide. Very sad but also interesting. These old time fighters were strong and interesting characters.

The clip was short and straight to the point so it is easy to view.

It must take you some time to do the research and I know a couple of posters on here are interested in the old time fighters.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I honestly did not know any of those things about him and I have heard of him.

It is amazing stories about fixed fights, murdering his wife and suicide. Very sad but also interesting. These old time fighters were strong and interesting characters.

The clip was short and straight to the point so it is easy to view.

It must take you some time to do the research and I know a couple of posters on here are interested in the old time fighters.
    I have read up for years and years about fighters. For example Kid McCoy, I have known this stuff nearly 15 years.

I also have encyclopedias of boxing in the house that I read a lot.

I enjoy the research.

I appreciate the feedback mate.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I have read about Tommy Ryan, he was kind of unpleasant in his own right.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    From what I have read about Tommy Ryan, he was kind of unpleasant in his own right.
    @greynotsoold 100% mate this guy was as bad

I really hope you're a subscriber because you are the type of guy who gets me and my ideas.

My next video will be on him purely based on your post lol

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to check it out later tonight. Also mate don't knock responses or lack there of too hard. It's not a you thing or this site thing. To be honest much of boxing feedback is stuck in the now. It's almost anti black n white film sometimes and in large part, unfortunately, when fans try to talk anything pre 40's and about you feel like it's talking to a wall. Fans tend to talk what they've actually 'lived' or experienced first hand. I came on here talking Harry Greb and had a couple more prominent posters shut me down simply because "no films exist". What..we don't read anymore

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    @greynotsoold 100% mate this guy was as bad

I really hope you're a subscriber because you are the type of guy who gets me and my ideas.

My next video will be on him purely based on your post lol
    I am a subscriber and im looking forward to the next one.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Going to check it out later tonight. Also mate don't knock responses or lack there of too hard. It's not a you thing or this site thing. To be honest much of boxing feedback is stuck in the now. It's almost anti black n white film sometimes and in large part, unfortunately, when fans try to talk anything pre 40's and about you feel like it's talking to a wall. Fans tend to talk what they've actually 'lived' or experienced first hand. I came on here talking Harry Greb and had a couple more prominent posters shut me down simply because "no films exist". What..we don't read anymore
    Exactly mate, I feel like an idiot sometimes for mentioning Willie pep (who there is video on) just because he fought pre colour.

I'll push through.. do my next one on Adrian broner 😂 like it's a pop up book for kids.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly mate, I feel like an idiot sometimes for mentioning Willie pep (who there is video on) just because he fought pre colour.

I'll push through.. do my next one on Adrian broner 😂 like it's a pop up book for kids.
    Tons to dig into here mate information wise and sometimes sticking to what's lived is totally understandable. I for one do not dig back into the long gone eras like I once did. Not sure why. Others though are walking encyclopedias chalked full of research and lessons to learn. Use the 'search' option here and find some old Britkid or Marbleheadmaui (same) as well as many others who put in the research threads. Iaminuit..RIP loved that stuff. Sports fans in general have a way of sectioning the eras. Football, Baseball boxing etc etc. We remember "the greats" but there's a tendency to think that everything we know right NOW is superior and would beat player-fighter a,b and c.

lemme ask ya..what made you take interest in McCoy? Quick reads make the ol boy sound like a proper whack job with the kidnappings, fouling tactics and general illegalities. How does a man get married 10 times . Are you doing these vids as a pre piece to bigger video biographies or randomly taking a look.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tons to dig into here mate information wise and sometimes sticking to what's lived is totally understandable. I for one do not dig back into the long gone eras like I once did. Not sure why. Others though are walking encyclopedias chalked full of research and lessons to learn. Use the 'search' option here and find some old Britkid or Marbleheadmaui (same) as well as many others who put in the research threads. Iaminuit..RIP loved that stuff. Sports fans in general have a way of sectioning the eras. Football, Baseball boxing etc etc. We remember "the greats" but there's a tendency to think that everything we know right NOW is superior and would beat player-fighter a,b and c.

lemme ask ya..what made you take interest in McCoy? Quick reads make the ol boy sound like a proper whack job with the kidnappings, fouling tactics and general illegalities. How does a man get married 10 times . Are you doing these vids as a pre piece to bigger video biographies or randomly taking a look.
    Well I want to do bigger projects like documentaries on fighters however I am assessing my audience at the moment. No point in me spending hours and hours doing research and editing for 7 views. These 2 videos I have currently took over an hour each for 2 minute videos.

I've always known of McCoy but I was doing a list for listverse.com about boxers that went to prison ( http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...nt-prison.html )

And that's where I learned about his past.

I'm going to do a series about the chronology of boxing and how it got to where it is.

@Spicoli
    Last edited by Vendettos; 06-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Charles "Kid" McCoy - Boxing Overviews - (New Youtube Series)

Start with the history of the heavyweight division all the way to Joshua.

Thread Information