Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Earthquake

A 5.8 earthquake hit the east coast today. Hope nobody got freaked out too much. I barely felt it. Anyone out there really get shook up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Earthquake

It isn't that bad from where I am, that's because I am farther away. I have been to worse. But that would have been scary to those who haven't experienced it, those near the epicenter or those who were in a high-rise building.
    Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 08-24-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

I didn't feel anything, I just heard the building settle....I was kind of disappointed.

BTW you can't bind insurance coverage for Earthquakes until 7 days after the last tremor.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the best part is in the background

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    This is too funny

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I didn't feel anything, I just heard the building settle....I was kind of disappointed.

BTW you can't bind insurance coverage for Earthquakes until 7 days after the last tremor.
    Insurance companies can't have people filing claims immediately after purchasing policies now can they. That wouldn't be profitable......but of course we know the insurance companies are our friends(insert sarcasm where you please)

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Insurance companies are scum and am surprised you can all afford their premiums.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post

Insurance companies can't have people filing claims immediately after purchasing policies now can they. That wouldn't be profitable......but of course we know the insurance companies are our friends(insert sarcasm where you please)
    Hey hate on insurance all you want, but its common damn sense. "Hey an earthquake just happened, let me get coverage and then when an aftershock happens I can find some damage and screw the Insurance company"....I also like how people don't understand that once a hurricane gets past a certain longitude and latitude you can't bind coverage....else everyone would wait til the hurricane was right on top of them to get covered.

The big companies can be pretty shitty, but your agent never should be....unless you're one of those bad clients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey hate on insurance all you want, but its common damn sense. "Hey an earthquake just happened, let me get coverage and then when an aftershock happens I can find some damage and screw the Insurance company"....I also like how people don't understand that once a hurricane gets past a certain longitude and latitude you can't bind coverage....else everyone would wait til the hurricane was right on top of them to get covered.

The big companies can be pretty shitty, but your agent never should be....unless you're one of those bad clients
    But the insurance companies have inspectors who check on the house to make sure there is no damage before they provide coverage. So you really can't sneak up on them and get coverage for a damage that is already there. And I believe a number of them would not provide basic coverage for damages caused by the "acts of God" such as earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, and even war.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I think I might not have conveyed my point properly, what I was getting at was that the fact that you were susprised that u couldn't get it until 7 days after the last tremor because that obviously wouldn't behoove them or their bottom line. Soo yeah I'm sorry I even said anything but calm down

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We were in New York CIty for a long weekend (great city) and left the day before the earthquake. WE've been watching the news about Irene since then thinking we got out just in time!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post

But the insurance companies have inspectors who check on the house to make sure there is no damage before they provide coverage. So you really can't sneak up on them and get coverage for a damage that is already there. And I believe a number of them would not provide basic coverage for damages caused by the "acts of God" such as earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, and even war.
    wind damage is covered, flooding isn't. A bad foundation isn't covered, and of course earthquakes aren't covered until you get "Earthquake Coverage". Why the fuck would war be covered And also war isn't an "Act of God". Why is this done? Well its all quite simple really, its so the companies can make a profit and use that profit (yes to pay employees and CEO's but also) to cover losses suffered by their clients.

The people that "hate insurance" simply don't understand it or have the entitlement mentality and think "Hey I'm paying for something and I want to "get mine" back.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    We were in New York CIty for a long weekend (great city) and left the day before the earthquake. WE've been watching the news about Irene since then thinking we got out just in time!
    Did you see MSG?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Did you see MSG?
    ....That stuff is bad for you, damn Chinese restaurants!

Thread Information