Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 230 of 311 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

I watched Dunkirk with my eldest son on Sunday and thought it was really good

best film I have seen in a while

well worth the £30 I spent on 2 tickets, a hot dog, some popcorn and a large coke

£3 on parking too
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I don't like james bond either

the old ones are alright, takes me back to my childhood, bit tongue in cheek, but the new ones are well shit

actually I wouldn't know about the new new ones because I stopped watching about 5 films ago
    Old school Bond was alright for watching on a boring Sunday afternoon, new Bonds are ok but they take themselves far too seriously.

They all seem to meld into one another as well.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched I Daniel Blake today. It was very good, but extremely bleak. If that film is in any way a real depiction of life in the UK today, then I am upset and angry. Some of it was too close to the bone for me reminding me of my childhood. Very grim film with a very sad ending. The poor bloke had a heart attack and was given nothing but the runaround and denial until his heart just couldn't take it anymore. Britain, you are fucked up, mate. Killing him and turning another woman to shoplifting and prostitution. Does that really have to be the way out of it?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Watched I Daniel Blake today. It was very good, but extremely bleak. If that film is in any way a real depiction of life in the UK today, then I am upset and angry. Some of it was too close to the bone for me reminding me of my childhood. Very grim film with a very sad ending. The poor bloke had a heart attack and was given nothing but the runaround and denial until his heart just couldn't take it anymore. Britain, you are fucked up, mate. Killing him and turning another woman to shoplifting and prostitution. Does that really have to be the way out of it?
    Good film, and yes, a fair depiction of some peoples lives and circumstances. It's got to be said though, they wrapped up two pretty compelling cases and presented them as the norm to make for a hard hitting film. I've seen first hand someone being given the runaround by DWP, and also someone being essentially forced to go and live hundreds of miles away where they know nothing or no one. That said, in my experience, the 'norm' where housing and benefits is concerned, is that it's quite a cushy caper. For every person I can think of who's been pushed from pillar to post by the council/DWP, I can think of at least half a dozen that have had things pretty easy. Coining it in with benefits. Using social housing (right to buy) to essentially build up enough dough to buy a 'proper' house.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dunno anyone whos heart has given way due to the lack of medical care or anyone turning to shoplifting or prostitution and I live in Britain
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i dunno anyone whos heart has given way due to the lack of medical care or anyone turning to shoplifting or prostitution and I live in Britain
    You're a DBAdmin though. The most exciting thing in your day is loggin onto Saddos
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know a lot through the media and from people, but what it all really means I am not sure. In the film the woman has 2 kids with different Dad's, both losers. I mean that's the one part of me that gets upset. Don't go out with an arsehole, it's surely not that difficult, but to repeat the mistakes. Well, it gets harder to have sympathy. It's the kids you care about as they had no choice in any of it. I'm a broken record, but don't have those kids if you really care. At least wait until you have a situation that might well work. It's just never fair on the kids. Never.

Daniel was the one you really felt sorry for as he made no mistakes and didn't exactly choose to have a heart attack. The chap should have been on some kind of temporary disability from the off.

It's a tough one. In some ways the UK has it cushty. I got my bill for my MRI this week, that's 400 pounds out of pocket that my private insurance doesn't cover. Wouldn't happen in the UK. In some ways the Brits are having it rough too, but it's rougher here. Temporary support if you lose your job, but good luck single Mums, and if you are sick, cough up. People tend to stay in jobs they hate, have less children and avoid hospital if they can.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I binged watched a whole season of a show called the ozarks on Netflix. It's about a dude in an investment firm who found out his firm was stealing money for an investment firm. He high tailed it to the ozarks but had to deal with them anyway. Interesting series

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boyka Undisputed, fun for any fan of the series. Adkins is the man.
    Wakefield, a different take on the mid life crisis. Bryan Cranston is always good. Ending was dumb. Wanted to see how that played out.
    Shot Caller, a little slow but decent story. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a very versatile actor.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jurassic World. I liked it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dr Strange was funny and a good film surprisingly as I do not like his comic character.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

A new Death Wish movie?!?!

.....awwwww damnit there goes my suspension of disbelief, he (Bruce Willis/The Vigilante) legally buys a gun in Chicago

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Willis typecast to shooting and action films since 1980's.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It ain't death wish without @Andre

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rouge One finally, meh. Spent the first 30 minutes asking "where the hell is everyone"

Thread Information