Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

I usually just twist the foot but scrap recommends pushing down into the ground before / as you twist off.

I think I know how to do this but I thought id ask how exactly just incase im doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Bernard Hopkins talks about the feet digging into the ground http://youtu.be/FwbPtFecgl4?list=UU8...htpk0cFKU4G8kQ

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap is that a right hook? Left uppercut... Fall back unto the rear leg... Right uppercut...left shovel hook. Is the the correct sequence?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    Scrap is that a right hook? Left uppercut... Fall back unto the rear leg... Right uppercut...left shovel hook. Is the the correct sequence?
    Just working on patterns for distance, depth, and position. Implement it how you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Just working on patterns for distance, depth, and position. Implement it how you want.
    Scrap it's a pleasure to watch you work. I really enjoyed the attention to detail and the way you refined his movements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap can I start the combo off from the front foot, it's either that or practice the combo in the corner away from coaches eyes?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap can I start the combo off from the front foot, it's either that or practice the combo in the corner away from coaches eyes?
    Your backfoot is your distance, everything starts from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May I push off the front to find my distance with the back foot?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going back yes going forward no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How does one even begin to interpret this? Scrap states things that nobody can even use!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    How does one even begin to interpret this? Scrap states things that nobody can even use!
    Do you understand what actually moves you. Without it nothing happens.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this was said in a different thread. i didnt understand it there and i dont understand it here. so many great fighters do everything from the front foot and to discount them for doing it that way has to be some kind of boxing dogma from some kind of boxing religion that nobody can explain and nobody can understand.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    this was said in a different thread. i didnt understand it there and i dont understand it here. so many great fighters do everything from the front foot and to discount them for doing it that way has to be some kind of boxing dogma from some kind of boxing religion that nobody can explain and nobody can understand.
    Yes they can, but not without the backfoot as the measuring stick for distance its about posture and being bipedal, and the thing an inch above the arsehole being your centre of gravity.

Thread Information