Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matthews v Crolla, Bellew v Chilemba, how did you score it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Matthews v Crolla, Bellew v Chilemba, how did you score it?

Matthews v Crolla.
    I scored it 115-115.
    I had the first 4 rounds mixed. I gave rounds 5, 6, 7, 8 all to Matthews and I gave 9, 10, 11, 12 to Crolla.
    Draw was fair for both.

Bellew v Chilemba.
    I had it scored 116-113 Bellew, although I can see why they would call it a draw, but I feel it was harsh on Bellew and very kind to Chilemba.

BUT HOW THE FUCK did judge Christophe Fernandez ever manage to see Chilemba 4 rounds up?

No chance in hell he was ahead, the draw was kind enough but to have him 4 rounds up when he never started to throw punches until the 6th round is massively unfair to Bellew.

Bonus thoughts.
    Well played Rocky Fielding, he looked solid.

Also bad showing from Tom Stalker, if Andy Harris could hit a little harder or if Stalker had a slightly weaker chin he may have been dropped with the overhand right Harris landed in the 2nd.

Big mention to Andy Harris, 5 weeks a pro, 4 fights, 4 tear ups, 4 losses, plus he just went the full 4 with the Olympic captain.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 03-31-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matthews v Crolla, Bellew v Chilemba, how did you score it?

I didn't write down my scores, but I think Crolla nicked it by virtue of winning the last 3 rounds. Bellew may've nicked it by 1-2 rounds, but a draw was pretty fair.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I didn't write down my scores, but I think Crolla nicked it by virtue of winning the last 3 rounds. Bellew may've nicked it by 1-2 rounds, but a draw was pretty fair.
    I sit with a notepad lol.

I agree a draw was fair but 4 rounds to Chilemba? That was bad judging.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crolla v Matthews was very close, a draw seemed fair, Bellew v Chilemba poor fight in my eyes,
    Bellew did not press Chilemba enough, he let Chilemba into the fight in the later rounds, but
    I feel Bellew done enough to win, by about 3 rounds, Chilemba is a member of the who needs
    him club. A horrible fighter to watch,he may be effective not unlike watching, clog dancing in mud.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where was the judge who scored it massively for Chillembu from? Was he the Ghanian?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Where was the judge who scored it massively for Chillembu from? Was he the Ghanian?
    Nah it was the French guy mate. Ghanaian had it 1 to bellew.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Bellew wants to make a big impact on the world scene he needs to take it to the next level, after opening up a good early lead he never should have let Chilemba back in to it.

The likes of Dawson, Cloud and Hopkins would have dealt with that opponent no problem I feel. He might be hard to look good against but the other top guys would have controlled the tempo. Bellew was getting caught with counters but he could have responded better and made them not count.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day but this means Bellew needs to make a big impact next time out if he is to attract a big fight. Maybe this performance may even get him a big fight as he didn't look devastating. Not sure if Bellew is overrated to be honest due to pushing Cleverly all the way.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    If Bellew wants to make a big impact on the world scene he needs to take it to the next level, after opening up a good early lead he never should have let Chilemba back in to it.

The likes of Dawson, Cloud and Hopkins would have dealt with that opponent no problem I feel. He might be hard to look good against but the other top guys would have controlled the tempo. Bellew was getting caught with counters but he could have responded better and made them not count.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day but this means Bellew needs to make a big impact next time out if he is to attract a big fight. Maybe this performance may even get him a big fight as he didn't look devastating. Not sure if Bellew is overrated to be honest due to pushing Cleverly all the way.
    I agree, except I don't think he is overrated.

All are I titled to an opinion but how do you give Chilemba 8 rounds?

He barely threw a punch until round 6. I gave bellew the 10th and I thought he had it unless he was kod
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really sure if I consider bellew over rated or not, maybe he was just unlucky last night. I think he will be better next time out. He can't afford to let fighters like this back in to it for a draw though.

Whoever agrees Chilemba took 8 of those rounds needs their heads looking at. Curious to see who he gets as his next opponent.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Not really sure if I consider bellew over rated or not, maybe he was just unlucky last night. I think he will be better next time out. He can't afford to let fighters like this back in to it for a draw though.

Whoever agrees Chilemba took 8 of those rounds needs their heads looking at. Curious to see who he gets as his next opponent.
    Well the French judge gave him 8 lol.

It'll likely be a rematch, they need to decide who is mandatory.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew didnt deserve ANY of the rounds after 6. The good work he was doing in spurts over those late rounds was overshadowed by the amount of work Chilemba was doing.

Chilemba has not got an amazing chin. There is a video of him on youtube getting dropped a couple of times in the 8th against a russian called Vlasov? This was at super middle.

He is starting to sound like Haye, promising alot but delivering fuck all. All the bullshit before the fight, how hes "willing to die in there". Some rounds he wasnt even willing to punch!

He needs to forget this notion that he is a big puncher. If you cant hurt a chinny super middle, you arent a puncher and he did land some good shots. Hes too aware of his own weak chin to get too involved. The fight last night wasnt a case of him tiring either. Chilemba started coming forward in the 4th and the more the fight went on the more confidence Chilemba got because Bellew was easy to hit amd easy to get out of the way of when punches did come back.

Bellew fights and acts like hes a big puncher and this is why hes looked mediocre. A bit like Froch used to.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Bellew didnt deserve ANY of the rounds after 6. The good work he was doing in spurts over those late rounds was overshadowed by the amount of work Chilemba was doing.

Chilemba has not got an amazing chin. There is a video of him on youtube getting dropped a couple of times in the 8th against a russian called Vlasov? This was at super middle.

He is starting to sound like Haye, promising alot but delivering fuck all. All the bullshit before the fight, how hes "willing to die in there". Some rounds he wasnt even willing to punch!

He needs to forget this notion that he is a big puncher. If you cant hurt a chinny super middle, you arent a puncher and he did land some good shots. Hes too aware of his own weak chin to get too involved. The fight last night wasnt a case of him tiring either. Chilemba started coming forward in the 4th and the more the fight went on the more confidence Chilemba got because Bellew was easy to hit amd easy to get out of the way of when punches did come back.

Bellew fights and acts like hes a big puncher and this is why hes looked mediocre. A bit like Froch used to.
    I don't listen to it with him about being a banger. He's not, I know this.

His chin was worrying Hilary night you could see it.

Especially when u consider that Chilemba is feather fisted.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

Hilary?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hilary?
    Him last.

Idiot auto correct.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 03-31-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hilary?
    Him last.

Idiot auto correct.
    Thought it might have been his mum watching from ringside through her fingers!

Thread Information