Thread: Refereeing and judging in the UK has become the worst in the world

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Refereeing and judging in the UK has become the worst in the world

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Vera was never going to win that fight, but if you take the sequence just in itself it was appalling. The punch that brought Vera down was almost a cuff/pull, and Fielding quite clearly cranked him on the ground, and without even getting a count Vera is hammered as soon as he got to his feet. That's the kind of thing you see in fights that are 100 years old ffs, I'll bet there are top fighters people on this forum could beat if Ian John Lewis were the referee!
    Yeah I would just touch gloves really really hard and wait for IJL to bottle it and stop the fight.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Vera was never going to win that fight, but if you take the sequence just in itself it was appalling. The punch that brought Vera down was almost a cuff/pull, and Fielding quite clearly cranked him on the ground, and without even getting a count Vera is hammered as soon as he got to his feet. That's the kind of thing you see in fights that are 100 years old ffs, I'll bet there are top fighters people on this forum could beat if Ian John Lewis were the referee!
    Yeah I would just touch gloves really really hard and wait for IJL to bottle it and stop the fight.
    Yes or he just feels there is going to be fisticuffs so he keeps them apart.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"This is the same country that thought I had a great voice. They said that I was the 'new' voice of the
    mid-1960's."

Nancy Sinatra

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 06-28-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get real you guys. Its not even close. I've been watching fights for a very long time and for every Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis there are 5 Santora's, Nady's, Cortez's, Coles, Russels, Reisses, Kelleys, Moras and Gonzalez's. Even Smoger is a hack now as its all gone to his head. He now simply plays the role he's been given by the media and forgets about his craft.

And the old well there are more high profile fights in the USA so naturally you are going to get more bad calls does not pass the litmus test. The reverse should actually be the case with all that experience then and hack jobs would be rare. And another thing, I have never seen a camera whore ref in the UK. On this continent many of these guys think they are the star. Its all about the celebrity. You would never see Cortez on an undercard but put him in a headliner and it looks like a threeway.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are very biased to the home fighters. Joshua should have bene DQd against Johnson in my view. Would have been hilarious if he did too, could you imagine the look on Hearns face

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    They are very biased to the home fighters. Joshua should have bene DQd against Johnson in my view. Would have been hilarious if he did too, could you imagine the look on Hearns face
    Same in the US but added to that is the bias displayed by broadcaster fighters or promoters. Tony Weeks is a great ref most of the time but he bludgeoned the Porter/Broner fight. He did so because Haymon handed him a script. Ftr the US like the UK also has some of the best refs in the business but most people dont know their name. Same goes for trainers.

Btw did anyone happen to catch the Ruenroeng/ Casimero fight Saturday? Its up on youtube already. Go have a boo. The refs name is Larry Dogget and that was one pile of dogshit for a ref job.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Same in the US but added to that is the bias displayed by broadcaster fighters or promoters. Tony Weeks is a great ref most of the time but he bludgeoned the Porter/Broner fight. He did so because Haymon handed him a script. Ftr the US like the UK also has some of the best refs in the business but most people dont know their name. Same goes for trainers.

Btw did anyone happen to catch the Ruenroeng/ Casimero fight Saturday? Its up on youtube already. Go have a boo. The refs name is Larry Dogget and that was one pile of dogshit for a ref job.
    Yea I didnt know Ruenrong switched sports to MMA. Farce

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On one British card recently Linares shredded Kevin Mitchell's face over a period of rounds and the ref just watches. Gradovich gets a tiny little boo boo and the ref immediately stops the fight.

I can understand the refs being quick to jump in and stop fights because the BBBC is terrified of another Michael Watson-type lawsuit wiping them out -- the Watson judgement almost did, another one almost certainly would. But events like the ones I just mentioned are a bridge too far for me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Gradovich gets a tiny little boo boo and the ref immediately stops the fight.
    A South African ref appointed by the IBF who acted on the doctors advice.

Lets get the facts straight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Gradovich gets a tiny little boo boo and the ref immediately stops the fight.
    A South African ref appointed by the IBF who acted on the doctors advice.

Lets get the facts straight.
    You are correct @Fenster. I swear I thought Phil Edwards refereed that fight. The doctor stopping that ruined what would have been an impressive stoppage for Selby.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that's another factor in stoppages. Although Mitchell was cut, it wasn't affecting his vision, he was still in the fight until the 10th when he was turned into the elephant man and it was stopped.

Gradovich wasn't just getting a beating he was cut over both eyes. It was the second cut that made the ref get the doc's advice (you can clearly see claret leaking into both eyes when they stopped it).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information