Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Karma/Good Karma -- do you believe?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bad Karma/Good Karma -- do you believe?

Do you people believe in Bad Karma? What about in Good Karma? What about karma in general?

Do you think people can be Their Own Worst Enemy and bring about their own catastrophe without realizing it? Do you think it's possible through sheer incorrigibility coupled with a healthy dose of mental illness and the complete lack of awareness of that to continually bring upon oneself constant disaster and catastrophe?

I'm just wondering who believes in any of these things. Because the concepts are a vital part of many religions around the world.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bad Karma/Good Karma -- do you believe?

Okay I'll go first. Yes I do believe in karma. is very similar to the astrophysical concept of every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As most boxers seem to say "Everything for a reason".

On the whole I believe you get what you deserve in life. If you are good then good things happen and visa versa.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We reap what we sow. Positive actions do not guarantee positive results but I don’t feel like a scumbag when I do the right thing. Most times, doing wrong catches up with you and has I’ll effects. There are always exceptions to the rules it seems

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    As most boxers seem to say "Everything for a reason".

On the whole I believe you get what you deserve in life. If you are good then good things happen and visa versa.
    Anne Frank?
    Leon Klinghoffer?
    Louis Zamperini?

It rains on the just and unjust alike.

Life is neither good nor bad, helping a person in some cases might impede their own personal growth...I'm not saying I'm against doing good deeds I'm just saying there's a depth to life that few if any can fully grasp and I know I am unable to see the complete full picture.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting angle there, Lyle. Yeah sometimes it seems "only the good die young" etc... So who knows, you've added a good point that may make me reconsider this. Is there any such thing as real Justice?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very much so, not so much in a spiritual or religious sense but simply doing what one feels right-needed for self or another. Momma always told us what goes around comes around. Sometimes in a physical form but mainly it's long term and big picture and should never be done in hopes of a 'receipt'.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Very much so, not so much in a spiritual or religious sense but simply doing what one feels right-needed for self or another. Momma always told us what goes around comes around. Sometimes in a physical form but mainly it's long term and big picture and should never be done in hopes of a 'receipt'.
    Spicoli I totally agree with that and I always wondered why so many people did things just to be able to get something back in return. It seems like it defeats the whole purpose of doing good works

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know. I look at my fortune and misfortune and I put only some down to chance. I take responsibility and think I got myself sick and when I bounce back that is down to me making changes. You make your own luck. It's like an open world game. You can die like a mad man every time, but you can use your brain too if you want to and increase your odds. It's up to you. I saw a man yesterday who must have weighed 350 pounds. Maybe some medical issues there, but I bet he wasn't born like that. It takes some doing. You do it to yourself. I think when you quit with the pitty party and say 'Maybe I got myself into this' you have a better chance at staving off the devil. Get walking. Eat that salad. Shout at that neighbor. It will do you good.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't know. I look at my fortune and misfortune and I put only some down to chance. I take responsibility and think I got myself sick and when I bounce back that is down to me making changes. You make your own luck. It's like an open world game. You can die like a mad man every time, but you can use your brain too if you want to and increase your odds. It's up to you. I saw a man yesterday who must have weighed 350 pounds. Maybe some medical issues there, but I bet he wasn't born like that. It takes some doing. You do it to yourself. I think when you quit with the pitty party and say 'Maybe I got myself into this' you have a better chance at staving off the devil. Get walking. Eat that salad. Shout at that neighbor. It will do you good.
    Just give everyone a gun, an armed society is a polite society

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Spicoli I totally agree with that and I always wondered why so many people did things just to be able to get something back in return. It seems like it defeats the whole purpose of doing good works
    Yes the question answers itself really. With some the whole purpose is to achieve their own goal be it manipulating or just being a phony. They don't keep count of the bridges burned on the way though and are "shocked" when ultimately the same good will stops coming their way. Karma is an investment done naturally and it's own best reward.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Karma is an investment done naturally and it's own best reward.

That my friend is both beautiful and powerful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s ludicrous and incredibly insulting to believe in such a thing, but I suppose it helps people.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all sort of falls to pieces when kids get cancer or 19 year olds get a brain hemorrhage whilst pregnant though. Personally, Ill will and being a cunt to others will catch up with you, some times instantly, but there is so much random bad shite that happens in life it's a bit self righteous to believe that someone else's tragedy, ill health or plain bad luck is down to there own negative actions.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great Point all around on both sides of the issue

Thread Information