Thread: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure barker wants that again, would have been interesting to see go it go on to see if sturm could keep that pace up at this stage.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    Exactly out of his depth. How he won a world title is beyond me.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Apparently there is a rematch clause...Sturm must defend in England in a few month...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

What a surprise!!! He got his million quid retirement payday and went out injured
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Apparently there is a rematch clause...Sturm must defend in England in a few month...
    While I'm not sure barker excersises the clause if its a big injury he might just say fuck it but I hope barker takes it and sturm goes thru with it, might open up sturm to have a fight or two overseas again.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker lacks robustness, I've always felt he was a bit fragile well he got a good pay day
    and he cannot complain, he lost fair and square GGG anyone.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Barker lacks robustness, I've always felt he was a bit fragile well he got a good pay day
    and he cannot complain, he lost fair and square GGG anyone.
    id like to see it and have always liked to see sturm fight but I think he wants no part of ggg.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

barker might as well fall down again in england to cushion his retirement... buy himself a new hip or two!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker was one of the weakest middleweight champions ever. Up there with Maselino Masoe and Hacine Cherifi. No surprise to see him get dethroned so soon

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That rematch clause was always nonsense. AS if they're gonna sell Sturm-Barker 2 after that. AS if Sturm was ever going to London to defend the title if he won.

Barker will retire now. Bet on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations to Sturm

Great display of punch power and aggression. There had been the feeling that he was on his way out but with his career on the line he looked better than ever. Either that or barker was very poor but either way I doubt barker will exercise his rematch clause. The Germans are loving this. They're doing the singing now

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    That rematch clause was always nonsense. AS if they're gonna sell Sturm-Barker 2 after that. AS if Sturm was ever going to London to defend the title if he won.

That's the thing that bothers me about Sturm. I honestly don't think he's ever gotten a true gift, hes had some close ones go for him and some go against him recently, but I always wonder how his career would have been different if he got the decision against oscar, he probably wouldn't be so averse to traveling.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

That's the thing that bothers me about Sturm. I honestly don't think he's ever gotten a true gift, hes had some close ones go for him and some go against him recently, but I always wonder how his career would have been different if he got the decision against oscar, he probably wouldn't be so averse to traveling.
    I'm not insulting Sturm. I'm just saying the way this business works there was never gonna be a rematch. That was all complete bollocks. Just like Bute-Froch.

I backed Sturm to KO him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    Exactly out of his depth. How he won a world title is beyond me.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.
    He dislocated his hip after getting KDd twice. Hip or not he was getting stopped. And now hes gonna retire before fighting any of the other Brit middle weights. So dissappointed in him. Certain Mack and Murray would have stopped him now

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

I'm not insulting Sturm. I'm just saying the way this business works there was never gonna be a rematch. That was all complete bollocks. Just like Bute-Froch.

I backed Sturm to KO him.
    it really depends how he wins. If its a close SD then yes there would have been a rematch. But like the Bute rematch, there is no need now.

Nice shout. I backed Sturm round 7-12 at 12/1, Thought Barker would last a bit longer

Thread Information