Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This is the sort of thing that really fuck me off

A MUM of seven is being paid £170,000 a year in benefits so she can live in a £1.2million mansion.

Taxpayers hit by the credit crunch fund the swish seven-bedroom home enjoyed free by Afghan migrant Toorpakai Saindi and her family.

And her landlord is raking in rent of more than £12,000 a month from a local council — funded by taxpayers.

That’s DOUBLE the normal market value of the seven-bedroom property, located in a swish West London street peppered with the Mercedes and BMW cars of private owners.

Yesterday Saindi, who also gets an estimated £400 a week in child and local tax benefits, said: “It’s a lot of money, but the council pay it.

“This is their problem. I don’t know why they pay so much.”

Landlord Ajit Panesar, who is acting within his rights, also referred The Sun to Ealing Council.

They blamed the Government, saying it set the rate.

But Whitehall insisted the council could have put Ms Saindi in a cheaper home.

The root of the potty payouts lies with the Local Housing Allowance — rolled out nationally on April 7.

It enables tenants and landlords to find out the maximum amount of LHA available before an agreement is reached.

In July Ms Saindi, who has four sons and three daughters aged eight to 22, approached the council after being made homeless. They had a legal obligation to find her a seven-bedroom home.

But they did not have one big enough on their books and so turned to a private landlord, Mr Panesar.

He fixed a price for his Acton property which the council checked with the Rent Service — an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions.

They then advised the council what they should pay.

It turned out to be a staggering £12,458 a month — partly because under boundary changes implemented in April, Acton is crazily lumped in with mega-rich Westminster.

Yesterday estate agents Foxtons said similar properties in Acton command rents of around £6,000 a month, top whack.

Ms Saindi, who came to the UK from Afghanistan seven years ago, said: “I always thought the housing benefit was a lot, but I’m told that is what it is for homes like this here.”

Mr Panesar said: “I can’t help it if the law says I should get paid that amount of money.”

One local said: “It is unbelievable. Her house is on one of the nicest streets in Acton.

"People pay hundreds of thousands for the privilege of living there.”

Mark Wallace, campaign director of the TaxPayers’ Alliance, said: “The system has gone seriously wrong when one family is costing taxpayers so much.

“The people running the welfare system seem to have forgotten money doesn’t grow on trees. This family could be helped without the need for such a huge bill

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This is the sort of thing that really fuck me off

Thats bloody ridiculous. Ive always said the welfare system in the UK goes too far....but that takes the biscuit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

£12,000 a month rent

I get housing benefit and my rent is £480 a month, but the government only give me £400 of it as they say there are other properties in the same area for less.

I guess it really does pay to be an ethnic minority with kids.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where did the story come from H?

Fucking madness init.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    £12,000 a month rent

I get housing benefit and my rent is £480 a month, but the government only give me £400 of it as they say there are other properties in the same area for less.

Have you ever considered adopting a few little black kids? It may up your benifits nicely..

This reminds me of my girlfriends dad's story... He lost his hand in an accident at his work in a machining factory.. He'd constantly complained about the machine being unsafe and needing guards etc. He'd written letters even and they'd done nothing. He lost his hand and to get money of them was like getting blood out of a stone... The company spent over $20,000 in court to make sure her dad got as little as possible...

THEN and this is the worst part, the government turned around and said because of his payout from the company which was dismal in itself, he wasn't entitled to any more government assistance. Absolute bullshit...

Another part of it was that at one stage, he was being overpaid by a certain amount each week.. He worked it out and being a good honest man, and also knowing what the government is like, he went in there and told them that he'd worked out he was getting to much each week. He spoke to numerous people who said "no no it's the correct amount". His final attempt was a letter to one of the higher peoples up saying "I know I am being paid to much and have been told by this and this and this person that it is correct, but I know that it is wrong I want the figure fixed up". He got a response saying that the figure had been calculated correctly by their department and he was wrong..

About a month after the stopped his payments because of his hand payout, they sent him a bill for $3200 to be paid immediately for funds that had been overpaid to him in error... Even after at least 5 attempts to tell THEM it was wrong and get it changed, and being humiliated every time by them looking down there nose and telling him that he is completely wrong, they send him a bill to pay the whole lot back....

Sometimes the world deserves a shimmering gold medal for it's ability to fuck certain people over. And government departments are by far the best at it, by a million miles... In a somewhat close second, far beyong the rest of the pack, are banks, financial/lending institutions, and phone companies..
    Last edited by Dizaster; 10-09-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Madness innit

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    where did the story come from H?

Fucking madness init.

Cheek of family in free mansion | The Sun |News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    £12,000 a month rent

Or maybe you should apply and get approved of a rental apartment in the very centre of London, then they'll pay for it because "that's the amount we give for people wanting to live in 1 million pound apartments"

That story is ridiculous..

And you can bet on the other side of the coin, there are people out there who don't even qualify for ANY benefits because their 3rd cousin who they've never met earns over the 40,000 pound bracket and hence they should logically be helping and not the government...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Obviously it's an area were government officials have brothers and sisters living and set a big payout rate for people in that area so "rich" people can benefit.

We have the same sort of thing here with our schools..

There was one city high school here where the fee's are $10,000 per semester for children to attend there, and in addition that school was receiving over 10 times more funding from the government than outer city schools where half the rooms had no air-conditioning and teachers had to provide themselves new stationery on regular occassions because the process of ordering anything that costed money and needed approval was so hindered that it wasn't even worth waiting..

You could write a book about it couldn't ya..

Thread Information